Sam Allardyce

Xann

10 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I’m not surprised by any of this. I watched the BBC’s expose on the corruption in football a few years ago and he was prominent in that. He, recorded on film, his son and his chairman all in on the act. Those claims related to bungs and transfer rigging with agents. This was the same documentary that cast a shadow over our own Kevin Bond by the way. You can still see this expose Panorama on Youtube, BBC corruption in football, around 2006 ish I think.

Anyway, so all that original expose journalism sort of got defeated. He got bad press out of it, that is all. He must have had good legal representation as the things he said on film were pretty damning, and very corrupt. The fact he would do that so openly with strangers (even if he believes their bluff on who they are) then he is just about the money, legal and illegal.

It’s so bent. So here we are gain. The Telegraph, they’re not synonymous with regular stings and setups the way the redtops are like recently with the Mirror using rent boys to setup a sting on that MP Keith Vaz. This apparently has come from a wide angled investigation on dodgy dealings and this is a relevant quote: The Telegraph began investigating corruption in English football last year after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were giving or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers and taken from (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/ ). Afterall, if even bringing Allardyce in , named in your investigation, you must have to know there is good substance to go with as what happened with the BBC’s half baked attempt which while it did shine a spotlight on it, the batteries quickly ran out on that torch.

So from that link, does it mean that Allardyce’s name has come up repeatedly from football insiders… fellow managers, some agents, chairman etc? Must have done. Either that, or amidst their line of enquiry, they’ve picked up a trail. But let’s face it, that trail has been hot for about ten years. I have read the Telegraph article and that is truly disgraceful behaviour from someone on that amount of money being their full time job.

How greedy can a man get to cross the line, risk his reputation (ahem) and integrity (ahem) for the sake of a 10% bonus on top of his annual salary. It’s a bit different from a £400,000 annual sponsorship for Pukka Pies or Dominos, going overseas to act in such a way that directly violates the code of conduct for an England official. How abusive to act like that in such a prominent high-profile role. The man is clearly out for himself. He is greedy, corrupt and hopefully gone soon. I was underwhelmed by his appointment, I don’t like his style of football and I just don’t like the man. I like him even less now. You would think there is an expected code of behaviour that an England manager would abide by, public conduct and transacting private business interests etcetc. If this is all true from the Telegraph then surely he has just earned his P45 on the grounds of Gross Misconduct and no pay off. The BBC’s investigation and the Telegraph one, there is no smoke without fire. And the Telegraph have to be sure of their facts and seem to be, especially if they have been working on this for months.

FA - Do you have the cojones to pull the trigger?

Eddie Howe – fancy a job mate?

Great post. It's time football cleared out all of the scumbags - there's a permanent bad smell around the sport since Sky rocked up.

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Ridiculous reaction by the FA. Accept and deal with the issues in the sport, ego too big to move on from the situation on how it makes them look in the short term. 

Surely by ignoring it they are condoning it? There is nothing ridiculous about it - he got found out and it put the FA into disrepute.  They have / had no choice but to make a statement in making the change.  

Edited by trekka

Just now, trekka said:

Surely by ignoring it they are condoning it? 

Yes if they ignored it, at least conduct a proper investigation into the information mentioned, it just seems a very quick reaction.

If they knew about it already and havnt reacted (and wouldnt have) until the press release they look incompetent, If they act quickly without a proper investigation they look incompetent, if they back their man while fining, warning him and and creating an action plan to investigate the situations he has mentioned they come out much better for me. 

I think the first issue is that this is rife in football and the second that the newspapers were happy to throw the England manager under the bus as usual. 

For what its worth I like Sam Allardyce, while obviously being dodgy before the appointment and showing incredible stupidity for getting himself in to the situation. His biggest mistakes are getting caught giving his opinion on "Woy" Gary Neville and the move to Wembley which the FA would just not stand for. Id still have him at Villa.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Does he leave with a perfect record? 

(I genuinely can't remember)

Yup, 1 game, 1 win. 

It has to be one of the quickest manager sackings ever? I bet he can still hardly find his office.

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Congratulations are apparently due to Gareth Southgate - England Manager.

Surely only as interim manager?

Southgate doesn't strike me as someone with enough authority to be England manger.

Edit: Or actual managerial skill.

Edited by sne

27 minutes ago, DK82 said:

The best thing about this is how it makes the FA look.

Just listening to a journalist on TS (didn't catch his name) and he made a rather worrying prediction. He said he believes that the FA will now never recruit from outside the FA bubble, the likes of Southgate, Pearce etc. 

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Congratulations are apparently due to Gareth Southgate - England Manager.

I think that if offered, Gareth would have serious reservations. We are talking about a bloke that was portrayed as a bit national joke simply because he missed a penalty. I know that was a long time ago, but that criticism must surely play a part in his decision making should he be offered the role. 

Â