Sam Allardyce

Xann

Will be seen at Brighton next year, taking a huge bonus to keep them up. He has worked out that with all the money floating about you don't need to work full time nowadays, just hold a club to ransom desperate to stay up, spend 30m, do a few months stint and then **** off with millions.

10 minutes ago, jim said:

Just come out and said he has no intention of managing again.

Maybe this was his last hoorah after the England debacle. I think that losing the job so stupidly without having a proper chance to do it broke him a bit and the palace job was just way to leave on a positive note.

I believe him actually, after getting himself sacked from the biggest job he will ever have maybe he realised he is now destined to be a manager for relegation threatened clubs only with no big clubs ever going to give him a job.

It's a clever way of saying: You better make my next contract a big one for me to consider coming back out of "retirement"

Edited by sne

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think I did hear stories he wants to go back to Sunderland but prob bullshit

I heard the same, but surely you'd have to be bat shit crazy to walk out of a London Premier League club with arguably a decent amount of potential, to go to that circus?

Alan Brazil on TS this morning was claiming there was a relative of the Allardyce family caught up in the MEN bombing so was thinking this had probably convinced him to give up football management and spend more time with his family who are based in the north west.

I can understand wanting to retire. He is 62 now, and it's a stressful job especially managing relegation threatened clubs. He got his dream job (england) and was sacked. The england job was probably his final goal as a manager, and now he got Palace safe, probably a large bonus, so he can retire with that England debacle not being his last job. 

Â