Sam Allardyce

Xann

He has to go, If he was still a club manager he could probably wriggle out of it with a hefty fine but you can't really have a national manager doing this can you.

Just how stupid/greedy is he.

3 million a year for picking a team for 5 or 6 games and still not enough.

Insane

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

The only disgusting thing here is the press.

Our own English press go out of the way to set up the current England manager so that he is outed and sacked. I mean for christ sake. What on Earth are they doing.

Show me a man on the planet that isn't out to earn as much as they can in whatever they do?

Utterly baffling, and another reason the international team stinks, the press are waiting with knifes at the ready at any opportunity to ruin them!

• Like 1

Straight out of the George Graham playbook 

That picture will not help him either, looks like a parody of a smut peddler :D

allardycemain-xlarge.jpg

At least he'll always be able to look back at a good win % as England manager...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Our own English press go out of the way to set up the current England manager so that he is outed and sacked. I mean for christ sake. What on Earth are they doing.

Show me a man on the planet that isn't out to earn as much as they can in whatever they do?

Utterly baffling, and another reason the international team stinks, the press are waiting with knifes at the ready at any opportunity to ruin them!

From what I've read, The Telegraph are more investigating the financial irregularities in football and will release more stories on that topic.

It just so happens that the England coach appears to quite like an irregularity and they utilised that for their own end, which is their prerogative. 

Essentially, he's an idiot.

• Like 1

Apparently this is the first part of a much bigger investigation.

Over next few days we're expecting to see club managers who have taken bribes and players caught betting on the outcome of their own games...

p.s. He should get the sack. Give the job to Brucey. Not really sure he'll do any better but might be entertaining for a week or 2.

Just looks like they were 6/7 months into an investigation into football corruption, found everyone at it and thought f*ck it, Lets see how far up it goes.

There will be a few nervous people trying to remember every random meeting they have had over the past year this morning.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

They are selling papers, same thing they have always done.

The England manager has always been a target, going back decades. I just cannot believe that a man of Allardyce's experience failed to grasp this. Honestly, you can't get any stupider if you tried.

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's called investigative journalism. It's very well known there's corruption in the sport, it's about time someone tried to uncover it. Good on them.

I’m not surprised by any of this. I watched the BBC’s expose on the corruption in football a few years ago and he was prominent in that. He, recorded on film, his son and his chairman all in on the act. Those claims related to bungs and transfer rigging with agents. This was the same documentary that cast a shadow over our own Kevin Bond by the way. You can still see this expose Panorama on Youtube, BBC corruption in football, around 2006 ish I think.

Anyway, so all that original expose journalism sort of got defeated. He got bad press out of it, that is all. He must have had good legal representation as the things he said on film were pretty damning, and very corrupt. The fact he would do that so openly with strangers (even if he believes their bluff on who they are) then he is just about the money, legal and illegal.

It’s so bent. So here we are gain. The Telegraph, they’re not synonymous with regular stings and setups the way the redtops are like recently with the Mirror using rent boys to setup a sting on that MP Keith Vaz. This apparently has come from a wide angled investigation on dodgy dealings and this is a relevant quote: The Telegraph began investigating corruption in English football last year after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were giving or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers and taken from (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/ ). Afterall, if even bringing Allardyce in , named in your investigation, you must have to know there is good substance to go with as what happened with the BBC’s half baked attempt which while it did shine a spotlight on it, the batteries quickly ran out on that torch.

So from that link, does it mean that Allardyce’s name has come up repeatedly from football insiders… fellow managers, some agents, chairman etc? Must have done. Either that, or amidst their line of enquiry, they’ve picked up a trail. But let’s face it, that trail has been hot for about ten years. I have read the Telegraph article and that is truly disgraceful behaviour from someone on that amount of money being their full time job.

How greedy can a man get to cross the line, risk his reputation (ahem) and integrity (ahem) for the sake of a 10% bonus on top of his annual salary. It’s a bit different from a £400,000 annual sponsorship for Pukka Pies or Dominos, going overseas to act in such a way that directly violates the code of conduct for an England official. How abusive to act like that in such a prominent high-profile role. The man is clearly out for himself. He is greedy, corrupt and hopefully gone soon. I was underwhelmed by his appointment, I don’t like his style of football and I just don’t like the man. I like him even less now. You would think there is an expected code of behaviour that an England manager would abide by, public conduct and transacting private business interests etcetc. If this is all true from the Telegraph then surely he has just earned his P45 on the grounds of Gross Misconduct and no pay off. The BBC’s investigation and the Telegraph one, there is no smoke without fire. And the Telegraph have to be sure of their facts and seem to be, especially if they have been working on this for months.

FA - Do you have the cojones to pull the trigger?

Eddie Howe – fancy a job mate?

• Like 1

Â