Sam Allardyce

Xann

On 24/07/2016 at 18:42, Xela said:

I don't think Fat Sam was ever going to jettison Rooney from the squad straight away. McClaren tried to make a bold move like that and bin Beckham and it blew up in his face.

Plus Sam has a good record of getting a last hurrah out of experienced players. We still need experience - the young players like Dier, Ali, Kane, etc might be talented but they lack big match nous - don't forget they formed the nucleus of a Spurs side that came third in a two horse race! Someones you need the old guard there. 

Yes when Bobby Robson became England manager the first thing he did was get rid of Keegan. Ramsey was prepared to drop Greaves for the greater good of the team . Tough decisions have to be made and Rooney is not ahead of Kane, Vardy or Sturridge. Guess he can play as a no.10 but hes not very good at that. Experience is over-rated they are too used to failure. 

I'm expecting Shawcross Noble and Carroll to be in his first squad (would've said Cresswell but unfortunately he's now injured). Not that I think any of these are a bad choice.

I think that this appointment will work well, as an international manager I don't think you have to be world class, but you have to know how to execute a plan and motivate players. Sam will do that.

• Like 3

I think he is the right man for the job. A no nonsense kind of manager who will give strict, simple orders to a group of players who have proven that they need them.

Even then they'll probably still turn up at a tournament and bottle it but it won't be through lack of organisation this time.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

"Sam Allardyce used his position as England manager to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offered advice to businessmen on how to “get around” FA rules on player transfers, The Telegraph can disclose."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/

Sam is probably getting sacked. 

• Like 2

To be fair I started reading that and got to the bit where he also -

Criticised Roy and his personality

Said our players didn't perform because of a psychological barrier

players not playing for their club shouldn't be picked for england

redevloping Wembley was a waste of money

and thought yep he's bang on the money there, saying what a huge portion of fans have been saying for years, finally an England manager gets it...definitely getting sacked then

• Like 1

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21044001?utm

Steve Kean pays Sam Allardyce damages over 'crook' claim

Sharethis page
Sam Allardyce

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has accepted substantial damages from Steve Kean over claims he was sacked by Blackburn because he was a "crook".

Allardyce's solicitor said Kean accepted the allegation was completely untrue, withdrew it, and agreed to pay an undisclosed sum.

Kean, who replaced Allardyce at Ewood Park in December 2010, made the remarks on a tour of Hong Kong in 2011.

(apologies for poor formatting, I'm posting from a telephone.)

Edited by The_Rev

Â