Sam Allardyce

Xann

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

Good. Wanted him gone from the moment he said those ridiculous comments about letting Rooney do whatever he wanted.

I thought I'd get at least a couple of years' of jokes out of that. :( 

On 7/22/2016 at 09:58, Czechlad said:

I think this appointment will work out a lot better than most expect. Allardyce will hopefully play a simpler style which suits England a lot more. 

Well guess this post didn't work out

• Like 2

Just now, Jarpie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's lot more of this kind of stuff what Big Sam has done happening in the football world. Where there's money, there's always temptation to get slice of it.

Apparently this is just the tip of a huge Telegraph investigation. There are suggestions that at least 5 English managers will be named. I think an awful lot will come out over the next few days  

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Guess it's become a two horse race between him and Bruce for the VIlla job now , or will the FA now hit him with a ban ?

Can't see us rushing into a change of manager now if rumours are there is a lot of shit about to hit the fan with others who we may be interested in.

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Can't see us rushing into a change of manager now if rumours are there is a lot of shit about to hit the fan with others who we may be interested in.

The thing is, the Independent will have reached a point when they're happy with a lot of material gathered to go public. As in going public forces guilty figures to start to wise up and become protective. So when you look at it, the Independent can really go to town now with their findings, him being the first but a pretty shocking stage 1.

In addition to this, the redtop tabloids will also "do their bit" now, which will be to ride the crest of the wave by picking at the bones like a vulture swooping down to nuzzle in on the carcass. With that in mind, a multi pronged attack this will be now on Allardyce and many dodgy figures for weeks to come, months even.

Those themselves who have stuff to hide will be panicking a little. Some busy solicitors tonight for sure.

In my years, I remember certain things with George Graham or Terry Venables, but this, so swiftly handled... so damning... just wow.

I have very little respect for the FA at all but they have just earned a slight bit in the right direction by their ruthlessness, despite it being the right thing to do. I also think, why appoint this man in the first place? Of all the managers of his type, why him. Nevermind. I normally wouldn't be happy at some poor sod losing his job but in this case I will make an exception.

Lads, imagine your dream job, and that you had a chance to do it. Would you risk ______ it up so soon after taking it, well theoretically throughout your whole initial time in it? Moonlighting with shady dodgy deals? Or would you just work your arse off doing your dream job, earn your 3-4m which apparently is the highest paid national manager salary in the world?

Maybe Fat Sam will get another job one day as manager. But that chairman must either be one of them forgiving Christian types or a corrupt so and so himself because hereon Fat Sam... your legacy on the world of football management is absolutely tainted with a haunting of repeated money grabbing corruption and arrogance. Sure he is not the only one, but come on....... England manager, acting that way whilst in post? Legacy.

Â