Sam Allardyce

Xann

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Who cares who the England manager is, I mean really who cares?

It doesn't make the slightest difference. We tried young and on the way up we've tried old and tested, we've tried best of British we've tried too overseas coaches.

None of it made the slightest difference because of the multitude of issues that never have and never will be addressed and the woeful attitude of the players.

Yes you're probably right. We'll win every match in qualification and it will be the same old bs about our chances in the world cup and then we wont win a game. Waste of time being  interested.  

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes you're probably right. We'll win every match in qualification and it will be the same old bs about our chances in the world cup and then we wont win a game. Waste of time being  interested.  

I've watched about 4 England games in 4 years, its coincided with having kids and being more selective about which games I watch but I just have zero interest in it any more.

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Who cares who the England manager is, I mean really who cares?

It doesn't make the slightest difference. We tried young and on the way up we've tried old and tested, we've tried best of British we've tried too overseas coaches.

None of it made the slightest difference because of the multitude of issues that never have and never will be addressed and the woeful attitude of the players.

I've never been an England fan due to being half Welsh and also having an east European bloodline and I find most of the friendlies/qualifiers they play bore me to tears.

However I am as gripped as anyone when an international tournament comes around...

I'm not alone. England playing in a world cup/euros still comfortably provides some of the highest viewing figures for ITV/BBC in the year....10-15m usually. It still brings the country together and everyone would go mad if England even reached a semi final. Probably due to how little top level sport is on free to air tv nowadays.

England still matters to a lot of people even if they are so consistently poor.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Ralf Rangnick linked with the job, good manager but he has quit a few clubs because of pressure and stress. This isnt really the job he wants

He hasn't been an actual manager for a good few years....isn't he sporting director at Leipzig?

Think the FA might see him as a sounding board for Southgate.

10 hours ago, rubberman said:

You know what, I think he might be tempted this time.  The FA would offer him anything, so he could finish this season at Arsenal and then takeover from Southgate.   It would make England a lot more interesting.

Wenger isn't really that great a manager anymore...still plays his nice football and gets Arsenal in the top 4 but we see them lose the same games season in season out in the champions league and premier league once February comes around.

Don't think it would be much different in tournament football.

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

But why?!

Funds for next season.

allegedly owner wants to renovate the stadium a little more (Christ, its needed to be fair!) and allardyce wants a bigger transfer budget instead.

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Barcelona about to announce a new manager this week and both Big Sam and Moyes quit their jobs :detect:

Dream team. 

46 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

But why?!

Probably only ever planned to do 1 year, keep them up, get massive bonus, holiday now till November and answer the desperate call from a struggling chairman again. Rinse and repeat.

Â