Sam Allardyce

Xann

Southgate...give me strength.

Big Sam has been an idiot. It's that vanity problem again in football aswell as greed of course....with all the money sloshing around people who already earn mega fortunes want a little bit more of the slice of the cake. Same with players who have 6-7 cars.

He's lost his dream job embarrassingly quickly and for non football reasons...that will hurt much more than any of the sackings he's had at club level.

I did wonder if he could ride it out...I actually remembered about 10 years ago Sven was saying stuff about Beckham and moving jobs to an undercover reporter and he wasn't sacked on the spot but what's done is done.

I can actually see him turning up at Stoke in a few weeks when Hughes gets potted.

Never known England as such a shambles...it sums up the personality in English football atm imo...putting personal greed ahead of pride.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Southgate...give me strength.

Big Sam has been an idiot. It's that vanity problem again in football aswell as greed of course....with all the money sloshing around people who already earn mega fortunes want a little bit more of the slice of the cake. Same with players who have 6-7 cars.

He's lost his dream job embarrassingly quickly and for non football reasons...that will hurt much more than any of the sackings he's had at club level.

I did wonder if he could ride it out...I actually remembered about 10 years ago Sven was saying stuff about Beckham and moving jobs to an undercover reporter and he wasn't sacked on the spot but what's done is done.

I can actually see him turning up at Stoke in a few weeks when Hughes gets potted.

Never known England as such a shambles...it sums up the personality in English football atm imo...putting personal greed ahead of pride.

I think about 2 days later Sven said he would cancel his contract after the World Cup

What I can't fathom in all this is who he thought these people were and why he was being wined and dined by them. 

It is totally normal to be taken out and wined and dined by complete strangers who want what from him? 

If someone at work wants to take me out to lunch I want to know who they are and what they want from me.  At best it's blinking stupid to trust them and at worst it makes me wonder what other seedy goings on occur behind the scenes. 

He was England manager and shouldn't be talking to,  wined and dined by and certainly not advising anyone on any matters which are not to do with being England manager. 

The prestige of being England manager means you're approached to promote all sorts...either from legitimate companies the FA are happy with or these undercover stings.

It jogged my memory...there was some bizarre Capello index before the world cup that Fabio had to quickly ditch before it got him in trouble and wasn't Big Sam promoting some betting company just a few weeks ago.

It just comes with being a famous individual, so many examples in the premier league.

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Far bigger headlines coming tomorrow...

Fat Sam won't be the last one to lose his job.

Did I see something today that an ex-Premier league manager who is now second in command at a high profile club is one of those to be named as a bung-taker, later this week? :blink:

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

This

he has no one to blame but himself ... and the undercover reporters :) 

That is what makes it so sad. It was clearly his dream job, and to blow it like this is mindblowing stupid and tragic.PL manager for the best part of 15 years, earning a monstrous salary, new £3m year dream job and the guy chucks it all up the wall. A reputation in tatters, and a legacy that will only be remembered for greed, corruption and stupidity.

Still, the guy is a complete rocket polisher.

Â