Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

36 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

RDM has me worried.

I know its early days but from the moment Micah Richards appeared on the pitch at CB in the Luton game I immediately lost a little faith in his judgment. Of course I would not be concerned if results were better so maybe its a knee jerk reaction?

Totally agree. He should have targeted that game as a fresh beginning, a chance to get an early win and build confidence from there. Instead he decided it wasn't important and gave the likes of Richards yet another chance to show how useless they are. We capitulated and, to me, set the tone for all the games played since.

RDM needed to sort out the confidence in the club but that Luton game basically did the exact opposite. I mean, Richards as Captain? Terrible management.

• Like 1

I said a long time before the season started that we needed 1 manager to come in and sort all the shite out and a 2nd manager to crack us on

RDM - Thanks for sorting one hell of a load of shit out of the club. Thanks but time to go.

We missef a trick with Pearson as I think his hearts not with it at Derby. He was well up for the Villa challenge, and I think he was the one with big enough balls to sort us out and get us up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That sounds like a very poor way of excusing his start at Derby. If he was really that good he wouldn't take on a job and do a half-arsed job because his heart supposedly isn't in it.

Derby or Villa?

who would you choose?

Knowing DrX's budget and ambitions, bit you end at a shithole with no more money to spend.

Soul destroying I'd imagine.

especially losing out on a chance to take Villa places.

Bit like being called on by Steve Hollis for an interview at Rolls Royce, but ending up at Husqvana

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Genuine question - so if Bruce or Mccarthy came in and got similar stats to RDM would everyone be calling for their head?

No - because Bruce has a strong record of sorting shite out - his problem seems to be after steadying the ship he can never push on. But as a ship steadier he's one of the best. 

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Derby or Villa?

who would you choose?

Knowing DrX's budget and ambitions, bit you end at a shithole with no more money to spend.

Soul destroying I'd imagine.

especially losing out on a chance to take Villa places.

Bit like being called on by Steve Hollis for an interview at Rolls Royce, but ending up at Husqvana

That's besides the point. Wanting the Villa job over the Derby job is no excuse for doing a poor job there. I wouldn't want somebody here who's like that.

54 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I said a long time before the season started that we needed 1 manager to come in and sort all the shite out and a 2nd manager to crack us on

RDM - Thanks for sorting one hell of a load of shit out of the club. Thanks but time to go.

We missef a trick with Pearson as I think his hearts not with it at Derby. He was well up for the Villa challenge, and I think he was the one with big enough balls to sort us out and get us up.

Since our last signing joined we've had 2 games.  Both draws.  And yes, should have won both, but shit happens.  We haven't even played everyone new yet.  And that's as long as you want to give the manager?

So how long does the next guy get...end of October?  No - I know, let's get managers in on a game by game basis - winner stays on.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Are people seriously talking about sacking RDM? in September?

I took a week away from VT because I know how things get on here when we're not winning. Good to see some things don't change :rolleyes:

To be honest if we lose at Ipswich and lose to Newcastle which is not totally out of the question I'd say he was in some fairly deep shit. That would give him 7 points from 27 which to be fair is crap when you have spent £60 million. 7 points from 21 which is what he is on at present is pretty bad especially when you look at the teams we have played

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Since our last signing joined we've had 2 games.  Both draws.  And yes, should have won both, but shit happens.  We haven't even played everyone new yet.  And that's as long as you want to give the manager?

So how long does the next guy get...end of October?  No - I know, let's get managers in on a game by game basis - winner stays on.

Well a winner is what we need no doubt about that

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

we needed 1 manager to come in and sort all the shite out

and a 2nd manager to crack us on

Which part of this did you not understand?

The manager needs more time, whether you like him or not. Sacking him now could do more harm than good - and it'd concern other potential candidates for the job, as well as potentially unsettling players. Now isn't the time to twist.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Well a winner is what we need no doubt about that

Which part of this did you not understand?

The bit I didn't understand is the bit where you give the 1st manager zero games playing his full new squad and the bit where you think it's a good idea to hand that new squad over to someone else and expect everything to suddenly be rosy.

I'll ask again - how long would you give this new 'crack on' manager?  Is 8 games your limit because we'd be outdoing Palermo with 6 changes in a season.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, KHV said:

To be honest if we lose at Ipswich and lose to Newcastle which is not totally out of the question I'd say he was in some fairly deep shit. That would give him 7 points from 27 which to be fair is crap when you have spent £60 million. 7 points from 21 which is what he is on at present is pretty bad especially when you look at the teams we have played

Exactly.

I know it sounds ludicrous to some that we only give him 10 games but there are managers up and down the country who could have got more from that squad. This is the nature of football unfortunately, if we won the next 2 everything would be ok and on an upward trend. Lose the next 2 and its just not good enough im afraid and he couldn't exactly moan if he got the boot.

We owe RDM nothing, so you either act on the bare stats infront of you or continue to wait and hope things get better. Villa fans seem to be split on this at the moment but we would all agree that 1 win in 10 is not good enough by anyone's standards. He's walking the tightrope at the minute.

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

Are people seriously talking about sacking RDM? in September?

I took a week away from VT because I know how things get on here when we're not winning. Good to see some things don't change :rolleyes:

If you look at managers we've sacked in last few years RDM is hovering very close to the line.

Last season Sherwood was sacked with 1 win in 10, Garde was 1 win in 9 and Lambert I think was 1 win in 11.

RDM currently has 1 win in 7....

He also dosen't have the excuse he's playing world class players every third game as in the premier league. Oh and we've spent 50m.

I really don't think Dr Tony will be patience for much longer, way it's going I'd be surprised if RDM lasted to xmas. Newcastle game could be a tipping point with an international break shortly afterwards.

• Like 2

Not sure it would be the best decision but i think he may be gone before October if we lose more than 1 of the 3 remaining games this month.

Our next 3 fixtures are away at Ipswich, Home to Newcastle & Away to Barnsley.

Ipswich have won 2 & drawn 1 at home including beating Barnsley.

Newcastle & Barnsley are currently joint 2nd in the league.

Not sure that we could have a harder end to the month.

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

You know for fact that Pearson was up for us and not Derby? What a load of cobblers. I wanted Pearson as well, but let's he honest he hasn't set the world alight at Derby and we have no idea how he would've done here

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

The bit I didn't understand is the bit where you give the 1st manager zero games playing his full new squad and the bit where you think it's a good idea to hand that new squad over to someone else and expect everything to suddenly be rosy.

I'll ask again - how long would you give this new 'crack on' manager?  Is 8 games your limit because we'd be outdoing Palermo with 6 changes in a season.

I'll give you an example how Ownership or management CAN work.

After being voted off a board a certain Gentleman took the very same company over one year later. He made a "BMF" personel manager hoping that within 3 months he could sort a few out. He did his job so well that the Gentleman could sack him after 30 days.

The company with new staff and no stains on the carpet grew continually over the next decade and beyond.

One needs only the right people doing the right job (plus the balls to make decisions)

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I dont think he's sorted the sheight out. I think he's done half a job.

We all know two players who should of been moved on by hook or by crook yet one is still making the bench.

This will be his undoing not just the unacceptable results

Â