Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

If he gets sacked I'd like to know the following:

Who recruited him and why? What made him the stand out candidate? Who were the other candidates? Who allowed him his "BUY ALL THE STRIKERS" approach, spending so much on attacking players when we are lacking in defence and midfield? What part did Steve Round play in all this? 

Aside from the million/billionaire owner spending a bit of money on a football club he's just bought, and finding time to write 140 characters on social media, nothing seems to have changed. We're still a **** shambles.

There was supposed to be a structure in place to stop us being a revolving door for shit managers looking for an easy pay day. Likewise I thought we'd be more shrewed with transfers and someone would have ensured the squad was more balanced. 

If RDM gets the sack after less than six months because he hasn't performed then his appointment in the first place was a shockingly bad decision by those at the top.

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Well yes. Like I said where would be if we gave sherwood endless time? 

Just giving someone time for the sake of giving them time is a stupid idea. 

I think giving RDM time here is a bit more relevant because of the huge rebuild that's been done. If after half a season and nothing has changed and these players are still struggling then get a new man in and give him january. 

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not at all convinced by RDM, I thought he was the wrong man when appointed and that feeling has only grown with every match.

He has made some good decisions about players both incoming and out going but tactically I've been really unimpressed.

I agree he should get more time, more because it's what the club needs rather than what he deserves, I've seen nothing so far to make me think I'm going to change my view on him.

Next two games are huge for him, I'm not sure he will get the results he or we need.

Exactly 100% this.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

tactically I've been really unimpressed.

This is where the question marks are. The setup of the team is all over the place and there's no shape to our play. He's just hoping the fact that we have better players is enough to win us the game. Football is not quite that simple.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, villa89 said:

This is where the question marks are. The setup of the team is all over the place and there's no shape to our play. He's just hoping the fact that we have better players is enough to win us the game. Football is not quite that simple.

25 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That is an alarming close comment to a few previous incumbents.

36 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not at all convinced by RDM, I thought he was the wrong man when appointed and that feeling has only grown with every match.

He has made some good decisions about players both incoming and out going but tactically I've been really unimpressed.

I agree he should get more time, more because it's what the club needs rather than what he deserves, I've seen nothing so far to make me think I'm going to change my view on him.

Next two games are huge for him, I'm not sure he will get the results he or we need.

I also think he has made some bad decisions, I think the summer transfers are a real mixed bag if I'm honest. I think the squad he has built is a bit of a mess and there is a real lack of quality and cover in key areas. I actually think the players he has bought is what has landed him in the shit, 4 of the signings he has made are very questionable indeed IMO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

I also think he has made some bad decisions, I think the summer transfers are a real mixed bag if I'm honest. I think the squad he has built is a bit of a mess and there is a real lack of quality and cover in key areas. I actually think the players he has bought is what has landed him in the shit, 4 of the signings he has made are very questionable indeed IMO

Which 4? I'm taking gollini as one...

I actually quite like RDM but I'd agree we have made some bad decisions in the transfer market.

With the exception of old codger and McCormack the rest have been either been crocks or average championship level players. I know it's early days but they don't fill me with confidence they will come good and are good enough for a promotion charge.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It's a good point. I said the other day that personnel was actually dictating tactics and I suspect that is what it is, no shape pattern or formation just pick a bunch of players and send them out to win because they are better individually than the opponents .

We have experienced coaches... Why won't they be advising him tactically. I'm thinking it's more players not following instructions or executing under pressure. Sure rdm has made some blunders too.. but he can't be blames for all 4 late goals

1 minute ago, KSV said:

We have experienced coaches... Why won't they be advising him tactically. I'm thinking it's more players not following instructions or executing under pressure. Sure rdm has made some blunders too.. but he can't be blames for all 4 late goals

Not the goals on their own no. But certainly he can be blamed for the fact that the goals made a difference to the result

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Exactly how I see it.

• Like 1

His line ups stink of a guy that signed every attacking player by telling them they would be starting every match they are fit for.. I mean starting a match with Ayew, Kodjia, McCormack and Gestede? The **** is that?.. We're lucky it seems that Adomah and Gresford were seemingly injured otherwise the only defensive players would have been the back four more than likely.. He needs to understand moderation;

A front line of any of;

Gestede, Ayew, McCormack or; Kodjia, Adomah, Ayew or; McCormack, Gestede, Adomah etc.. Is enough and good enough..

We don't need to be lining up with all four or five or six of our best attacking players.. We would rip teams apart if some of these were saved as impact subs yet instead RDM just plays them all from the start, it's not how we should be operating..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Which 4? I'm taking gollini as one...

Gollini ( Steer has plenty of championship experience and did well during his 38 games with Huddersfield I don't understand why Gollini was bought in) , DeLaet (we have 3 players that can play RB, he isn't really an upgrade on what we had alreday. A waste of a transfer), Chester ( I'm not convinced by Chester at all, I'm not convinced he is any better than Clark to be honest ) , Jedinak ( I know a lot of people think he is great but I have never been a fan. I think he's in decline and was never anything more than bang average anyway IMO opinion of course )

Tshibola was another risky one, very young an inexperienced and injured for almost a year. I do like the look of the lad and you can see potemntioal but it's a risky signing but I can see that he cold turn out to be very good. More concerened by his fitness than anything else

I like RDM, think he recruited pretty well and probably missed out on a few targets, especially in midfield that we would be seeing in the team each week now had we got them. I like the back room team he has put together. But like like others what concerns me is his ability to organise and inspire the team. Someone mentioned are the back room staff not advising him or is he just going with his own view and being blind to what seems obvious to most of us? I'm wondering this, so far it's been square pegs round holes. I hope he can sort it out but have concerns.

• Like 1

For the balance we need ( outfield players)

• 4 x offensive players
  • 4 x Defensive players
  • 2 x that switch between both..... depending on whether we have the ball or not ( usually full backs )

simples

ps and of course the better quality you acquire the more likely hood some can do both.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

I like RDM, think he recruited pretty well and probably missed out on a few targets, especially in midfield that we would be seeing in the team each week now had we got them. I like the back room team he has put together. But like like others what concerns me is his ability to organise and inspire the team. Someone mentioned are the back room staff not advising him or is he just going with his own view and being blind to what seems obvious to most of us? I'm wondering this, so far it's been square pegs round holes. I hope he can sort it out but have concerns.

I have a similar concern.

Also, I suspect some of the incoming players, were on recommendations from the backroom, so he will have to give them time otherwise it appears he is undermining them. This is another area where "time" may be required.

sometimes, despite them being the experts, they can't see the woods for the trees.....didn't Lambert admit as much after he went, obviously didn't say it whilst he was with us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KHV said:

Gollini ( Steer has plenty of championship experience and did well during his 38 games with Huddersfield I don't understand why Gollini was bought in) , DeLaet (we have 3 players that can play RB, he isn't really an upgrade on what we had alreday. A waste of a transfer), Chester ( I'm not convinced by Chester at all, I'm not convinced he is any better than Clark to be honest ) , Jedinak ( I know a lot of people think he is great but I have never been a fan. I think he's in decline and was never anything more than bang average anyway IMO opinion of course )

Tshibola was another risky one, very young an inexperienced and injured for almost a year. I do like the look of the lad and you can see potemntioal but it's a risky signing but I can see that he cold turn out to be very good. More concerened by his fitness than anything else

Have you also factored in what players we could have attracted to come here in our current position also? 

Â