Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I dont think he's sorted the sheight out. I think he's done half a job.

We all know two players who should of been moved on by hook or by crook yet one is still making the bench.

This will be his undoing not just the unacceptable results

I dont think we could have expected a total clearout of shit (would have been nice though)

So what has been done is very commendable.

All we need now is a winner

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not sure it would be the best decision but i think he may be gone before October if we lose more than 1 of the 3 remaining games this month.

Our next 3 fixtures are away at Ipswich, Home to Newcastle & Away to Barnsley.

Ipswich have won 2 & drawn 1 at home including beating Barnsley.

Newcastle & Barnsley are currently joint 2nd in the league.

Not sure that we could have a harder end to the month.

The thing with this league anyone can beat anyone. Huddersfield are top and let's be honest they weren't very good against us, we could easily have won at a canter. Newcastle obviously will be a tough game but they are beatable, and I see no reason why we can't beat the others.

There's nothing worse than watching your team be soft and get bullied out of games.

Mick McCarthy will be telling his team that's exactly how to beat us and I'd really enjoy it if we could show some backbone for once.

Our team is very very good, personnel wise, for the Championship.

I don't want draws and losses to become the norm this year. **** off. Not again.

Fully understand the frustrations afyer so many thrown points but I like Di Matteo - I think he's been pragmatic in his signings and has us playing some good football despite a total overhaul of the squad.  

We need to stick at it for 90 mins though - and Clark needs to earn his corn with us at the back. We need back to back wins really, then we could fly. I doubt it will be the next two but if we can beat Ipswich and draw with Newcastle that could set us up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Fully understand the frustrations afyer so many thrown points but I like Di Matteo - I think he's been pragmatic in his signings and has us playing some good football despite a total overhaul of the squad.  

We need to stick at it for 90 mins though - and Clark needs to earn his corn with us at the back. We need back to back wins really, then we could fly. I doubt it will be the next two but if we can beat Ipswich and draw with Newcastle that could set us up.

I think he did well in the summer with targeting top signings but the problem is he doesn't seem to have been a consideration of the system he planned to play.  First and foremost we needed midfielders but it seems like the majority of transfer business was doing on attack and considering we have kept Gestede and Ayew the squad seems very imbalanced.  Frankly Westwood and Gardner are not good enough so I would have preferred we signed another midfielder at the expense of one of the strikers we signed. (or signed both if that was a possibility).  

Anyway now he has signed all these player he has to make it work and also not be scared to drop 2 of the big name strikers to have a team with balance.

Most of our squad hasn't played more than a couple of hours at Villa Park - at most, no hours for some - and already they've been booed off and there are calls for the Manager to go.

Sometimes I think we deserve all we are getting.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Most of our squad hasn't played more than a couple of hours at Villa Park - at most, no hours for some - and already they've been booed off and there are calls for the Manager to go.

Sometimes I think we deserve all we are getting.

I don't know why you've let it get to you. Considering results it's inevitable and even as a pro-positivity kinda guy I can understand it. I'm sure they can.

It's up to RDM and the team to deliver. They won't be booed on to the pitch tomorrow and I'm certain they will get unbelievable support once more, so they get another fresh start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richard said:

I was a big advocate of Rowett in the summer and if RDM were to leave I would still like us to pursue him

And how long would you give him ! And how long would the rest give him ? Imagine half a dozen bad results and from an ex-Blues Manager ?

Not saying you have called for RDM to go - you haven't - but IMO even those debating his successor are near enough doing so............Richard I completely agreed with you over Lambert (the principle being we needed to give a really good run to someone) although I gave up on him a few months before the end; wouldn't you say its time for that approach now ?

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

And how long would you give him ! And how long would the rest give him ? Imagine half a dozen bad results and from an ex-Blues Manager ?

Not saying you have called for RDM to go - you haven't - but IMO even those debating his successor are near enough doing so............Richard I completely agreed with you over Lambert (the principle being we needed to give a really good run to someone) although I gave up on him a few months before the end; wouldn't you say its time for that approach now ?

I think one of the most foolish things we could do would be to just give a manager time. Doing that with lambert played a huge part in us becoming such a terrible premier league side and played a huge part in the lower mentality this club is covered in. 

Time does not equal success. A manager has to prove that giving them time will be worth it or at least worth the gamble. Up to RDM to start showing this. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't know why you've let it get to you. Considering results it's inevitable and even as a pro-positivity kinda guy I can understand it. I'm sure they can.

It's up to RDM and the team to deliver. They won't be booed on to the pitch tomorrow and I'm certain they will get unbelievable support once more, so they get another fresh start.

You don't ?

Well its hard to put into words  - especially polite ones - so I wont try, but I have to say .

Know what ?  I literally had a long pause there when I couldn't think how to say it, and I cant think how.

I would be breaching site rules and/or have a big debate with the very people I really really don't want to speak to.

"Considering results its inevitable ?" - sadly you are right, but that just makes me despair all the more.  7 games.  7 games ?

Really, I feel like throwing my season ticket away coz I just can't be doing with it. I'm only still Posting out of some annoying urge to show we don't all think the same.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think one of the most foolish things we could do would be to just give a manager time. Doing that with lambert played a huge part in us becoming such a terrible premier league side and played a huge part in the lower mentality this club is covered in. 

Time does not equal success. A manager has to prove that giving them time will be worth it or at least worth the gamble. Up to RDM to start showing this. 

I think to a degree he has done so. If the results were as they are and he, as in RDM, had not been 'unlucky' in some respects (players missing chances, fluke errors) then I would be saying **** it, cut the cord. Time waits for no man. 

He has shown some propensity to set up the side in such a way as they are capable of blowing teams away. It's when that doesn't happen that there is a problem. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm just utterly dumbfounded.

So you actually think NOT giving them time is best ? I must admit you don't seem to be the only one.

Funny, I've never seen or heard a single player, owner, or Manager take that view.

How about starting to appoint them for a game at a time then ?

You are right, Time does not equal success.  But the logical extrapolation of that is NOT the opposite !

And Lambert ? Yes he failed, but until very recently most were agreed he was extremely poorly resourced, which MIGHT have played a part. And again, just because a person who did have time failed, doesn't mean that rules the idea out.

Its sheer madness.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You don't ?

Well its hard to put into words  - especially polite ones - so I wont try, but I have to say .

Know what ?  I literally had a long pause there when I couldn't think how to say it, and I cant think how.

I would be breaching site rules and/or have a big debate with the very people I really really don't want to speak to.

"Considering results its inevitable ?" - sadly you are right, but that just makes me despair all the more.  7 games.  7 games ?

Really, I feel like throwing my season ticket away coz I just can't be doing with it. I'm only still Posting out of some annoying urge to show we don't all think the same.

Ok fair enough. 

Football fans boo now. It's just a 'thing'. I don't like it either but I kinda have to accept it or give in, just as you are suggesting. 

As for a handful of fans calling for a managers head after 7 games, meh. I remember the same happening to O'Neill. I just wouldn't let it get to you. 

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm just utterly dumbfounded.

So you actually think NOT giving them time is best ? I must admit you don't seem to be the only one.

Funny, I've never seen or heard a single player, owner, or Manager take that view.

How about starting to appoint them for a game at a time then ?

You are right, Time does not equal success.  But the logical extrapolation of that is NOT the opposite !

And Lambert ? Yes he failed, but until very recently most were agreed he was extremely poorly resourced, which MIGHT have played a part. And again, just because a person who did have time failed, doesn't mean that rules the idea out.

Its sheer madness.

Not giving them time to do more damage is best. Do you think we'd be in a good place if we stuck with Sherwood for 5 years? Or was it right to get rid of him? 

You're dumbfounded because you haven't thought about it properly, as your comment about hiring for them a game at a time shows. 

The idea of just giving a manager time is a foolish one, unless he shows that it's worth the gamble. RDm has shown some things, but if he doesn't show its worth trying with him long term then we should consider other options. 

Yeah its a bit like noisy neighbours though isn't it.  How do you not let it get to you when you have to listen to them, or sit near them, or when you know they are calling radio stations and the like, and when you know in this game once enough fans turn that's the ball game.

I've had enough of the Club being F''cd up....and I'm convinced that it will be even more so if, God forbid, some of these had their way.

A new Manager ?  So all the plans made by that Manager , whose just bought those players ?  And Clark ? Equally culpable, so he goes too ?  And the rest ?  And then IF we don't start well how long until the next set of calls ?

Nah.  I think its mental, and it really really does get to me.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Not giving them time to do more damage is best. Do you think we'd be in a good place if we stuck with Sherwood for 5 years? Or was it right to get rid of him? 

You're dumbfounded because you haven't thought about it properly, as your comment about hiring for them a game at a time shows. 

The idea of just giving a manager time is a foolish one, unless he shows that it's worth the gamble. RDm has shown some things, but if he doesn't show its worth trying with him long term then we should consider other options. 

You know what this debate is really hard enough as it is without insults.

"you haven't thought about it properly" ?

That's the most patronising thing I think Ive ever read on here.

As for the rest, ?

Sherwood 5 years ?  No. More than 7 games ?  Er.........oh, now let me make sure I think really really hard, must think,,,, hmmm..think think..................................er , Yes.

Did I think hard enough then ?

You will get your way, don't worry. 

And then you can do it aaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  again soon.

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

You know what this debate is really hard enough as it is without insults.

"you haven't thought about it properly" ?

That's the most patronising thing I think Ive ever read on here.

You must have missed your sarcastic comment about hiring them for a game at a time then. That really added to the debate. 

Â