Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

Sky seem to think Everton are signing Arnautovic.

He's a very funny player, maverick like. Has an amazing game or two and then goes missing for the next three, that sort.

Think he's got a year left so doubt the fee will be too much but one of the more interesting signings in the premier league so far I think.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Twitter saying that Wolves are about to spend €25m on Benfica midfielder Talisca.

In addition to these three, I guess...

Portuguese midfielder Pele, formerly of AC Milan, will join on a permanent deal from European giants Benfica.

And two more players from the stable of super-agent Jorge Mendes are poised to join on loan.

It's believed they are Benfica winger Helder Costa and full-back Silvio – who has spent the last three years on loan at the same club from Atletico Madrid.

Shi admitted during Monday's press conference that Wolves would look to bring in players from Benfica, with Mendes playing a key role in future transfers.

He said: "Jorge is my friend, a very good friend.

"After the takeover, I think he will be one of our agents. He’s now working on that to try and bring players to us. I think he has a lot of resources in the world.

"Some clubs have a very good relationship with him. I’m also very familiar with our friends in Benfica, I know the chairman there (and) the CEO.

"Maybe we will try to get some players from there."

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/07/27/wolves-set-to-sign-three-players-today/#atiCsDOxpW1TDuRC.99

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Higuain is just the Pogba money, they're still 25m million pounds up, which is absolutely astonishing when you think that Higuain has cost them 75 million pounds.

Football is stupid.

If that's not stupid enough, pogbas agent is after £20million for he's part in the move.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Higuain is just the Pogba money, they're still 25m million pounds up, which is absolutely astonishing when you think that Higuain has cost them 75 million pounds.

Football is stupid.

Marotta says they don't need to sell Pogba to get Higuain. But I do think they'll sell him.

I like Higuain, i have been banging the drum for Arsenal to sign him ever since he was made available for transfer at Real. He scores goals, he makes assists.

Saying that, £75m for him just might be the most ridiculous piece of business the past decade.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Another club who have accelerated past us.

Its the kind of business I hoped we'd be doing under Tony. If he was serious about pushing back into premier league at the first attempt. So far we're shopping in the same calibre pool of players as the other championship teams

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

If that's not stupid enough, pogbas agent is after £20million for he's part in the move.

His agent trying to get more money for doing this 1 deal than probably 99% of professional footballers earn in their entire career.

Its not the agents fault for asking for it, if Utd pay it then they are very much the problem.

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Looking like Candreva to Inter for €25m. Napoli to sign Milik for €35m+. That's probably worse value than Higuain.

Milik has good record for Ajax and Poland but couldn't finish his dinner in euros, that is massively overpriced.

Candreva I think is one of the most underrated players in europe, hardworking, can fit in many positions and he has a very good goalscoring record for Lazio, 1 in 3 I think from right wing. Amazed prem clubs aren't in for him for 20m ish.

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Impressive they've been able to do that by just being linked with a player.

You're right, I was just being mardy. 

However, I expect them to have a better squad than us in the near future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're right, I was just being mardy. 

However, I expect them to have a better squad than us in the near future. 

Fair play fella :thumb:

I'm not so sure their takeover is what people think and they are set to become a power. I wonder with the agent involved they are going to be used to shift players around and make money, we will see I guess.

• Like 1