Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Tons of pressure, way more possession, and will be criticized a lot more. Kante was definitely amazing off the ball for Leicester last season, but on the ball is a different story. He is not a guy who will thrive in a pass and move environment from what I have seen. That could change, but Leicester obviously liked to play quick and attack, whereas teams playing Chelsea will bunker, and he will find himself on the ball much more, and will not be defending nearly as much as he was at Leicester. I think Chelsea are fine with Matic as the sole DM and need someone like Marchiso, Naingolan, or Gundogan next to Matic aka a box to box mid. Going Kante-Matic may be too defensive and find themselves struggling breaking down teams. 

I think Kante may have more in the locker than simply being a destroyer, but I completely get your reasoning. 

For the reasons you mentioned, they're exactly why I think Leicester will go for Gana, and why he'd also shine in that team. 

6 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I think Kante may have more in the locker than simply being a destroyer, but I completely get your reasoning. 

For the reasons you mentioned, they're exactly why I think Leicester will go for Gana, and why he'd also shine in that team. 

I think they signed Mendy as a possible replacement for Kante

Kante would be a good pick up for Chelsea...give them more energy in there as Matic and Fabregas really struggled first half of last season.

It's been interesting how quiet Chelsea have been with transfer business...guess it's a combination of no champions league and Conte arriving late for pre season.

I get the feeling he'll wait to switch to 3-5-2 to maybe after new year as they only have three CBs with Zouma injured and not really sure they can play the wing back system with the options at the club.

Really have no idea how they'll do this season, could either win the league by virtue of no european football or flop again and miss out on top 4.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

With some of the prices being banded about for people like Troy Deeney (£30m), Pogba (£100m), Stones (£50m) that is an absolute bargain.

Wait wait wait, Troy Deeney for £30M? In this dimension?

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

On 15/07/2016 at 22:28, Keyblade said:

Wait wait wait, Troy Deeney for £30M? In this dimension?

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/troy-deeney-to-leicester-city-watford-striker-asks-detractors-to-keep-quiet-amid-foxes-speculation-a7097571.html

Troy Deeney, the Watford forward, has hit out at speculation suggesting he may join Leicester City this summer.

It has been widely reported that the 27-year-old will be the subject of a £30m bid from the Premier League champions after they failed with two earlier offers, the latest of which is said to be in the region of £25m.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Mahrez has refused to sign a new contract so will be off. The way things are shaping up Leicester will be doing well to finish in the top 8 next season.

Yes I kind of hope both Kante and Mahrez fall flat on their faces. If you cant keep your best players after winning the league theres no hope for any of us. Anyway Vardy is the main man. They can possibly replace Kante and Mahrez but not Vardy. 

Just noticed Matt Ritchie had signed for Newcastle. Amazed that he would leave something good under Eddie Howe to drop down a division. 

Edited by PaulC

27 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I kind of hope both Kante and Mahrez fall flat on their faces. If you cant keep your best players after winning the league theres no hope for any of us. Anyway Vardy is the main man. They can possibly replace Kante and Mahrez but not Vardy. 

Just noticed Matt Ritchie had signed for Newcastle. Amazed that he would leave something good under Eddie Howe to drop down a division. 

Really have to disagree viz. replacing Mahrez. I can imagine they could bring in someone to replace Kante who would not be as good but do a similar job, but Mahrez is their real match winner IMO. It's very hard to replace players who can time after time pull the rabbit out of the hat. Out of all of their star players Mahrez is the only one with opportunity to go on to be genuine world class as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I don't even think they care, they already made it.

Perhaps, but it's sad. It just goes to show that there's a premier league monopoly that really can never be broken. You'd think that Leicester have set themselves up to be a genuine challenger for potentially years to come, but no, as soon as the so called 'big' clubs sniff around, most of their best players are off. 

For me, this is why 'top level' football is something of a joke, it's really very boring.

• Like 3

Premier League offers and a subdued role in the capital are pushing James Rodriguez closer to the Real Madrid exit door.

Thoughts of a departure didn't appear to be on the Colombian's mind even a few short weeks ago, but should anyone match James' €80 million price tag it would be up to the player to decide on his future, having dropped down the Los Blancos pecking order.

Such a fee would clearly limit the number of potential destinations, except for cash-rich clubs such as Jose Mourinho's Manchester United, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, and even West Ham United, who are considering a bid. However, no club has surpassed an offer of €60m at this point.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/07/16/5789e848468aeb01448b45d9.html