Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

i dont get the hate.

if the whole point of the loan move is to get first team football...then you go to the team which ensures you get the most first team football? Surely hes not getting anywhre near as much first team football at the italian clubs than bournemouth?

if it was transfer signing i would get ur point

7 minutes ago, gharperr said:

i dont get the hate.

if the whole point of the loan move is to get first team football...then you go to the team which ensures you get the most first team football? Surely hes not getting anywhre near as much first team football at the italian clubs than bournemouth?

because it shows a lack of balls, not just Wilshire. Tom Carroll had a choice between Ajax and QPR, Calum Chambers had Middlesbrough and Valencia

its gutless by all involved, as said I respect Hart more for taking a tough choice

whats the lack of balls in wilshire? just seems hating for the sake of hating

the whole point of the move is to get first team football? not to try fight for your place to get first team football. he could do that at arsenal.
he desperately needs a season playing football with no interruptions.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

because it shows a lack of balls, not just Wilshire. Tom Carroll had a choice between Ajax and QPR, Calum Chambers had Middlesbrough and Valencia

its gutless by all involved, as said I respect Hart more for taking a tough choice

I don't know about the other moves, but by all accounts it seems Arsenal not Wilshire vetoed the Roma deal

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don't know about the other moves, but by all accounts it seems Arsenal not Wilshire vetoed the Roma deal

Yes, that was reported this morning. Apparently Arsenal initially said that the Italian clubs had to pay a loan fee if they wanted him which they agreed too, then Arsenal rejected it all together. They told Jack if he wanted a loan it had to be in the UK otherwise it was off. Maybe they are nervous about how he will behave when they can't easily keep tabs on him?

8 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Pochettino's man management skills are highly rated, if he can get him motivated then it won't be a bad bit of business but it is a risky one. Newcastle fans are delighted but he could sicken them.

£30m and a 5 year contract, I can't help but think Spurs will regret this deal.

Interesting article about what it's like for a footballer to move on deadline day, but I'm not sure how good Jenas's memory is. I'm pretty sure TSM signed him, not O'Neill?

BBC

My loan move to Aston Villa in August 2011 and transfer to QPR in January 2013 were on transfer deadline days too. I joined Martin O'Neill at Villa who had been chasing me for a long time and I was going to be one of the bigger players at the club.

It can be really stressful for the family and my child had just turned one so it was a real pain for them. I was lucky because when my moves took place, my children were not in school, but it was hard for my wife. She had lived in London her whole life so moving her from there to Birmingham was not a major move, but emotionally it was.

I was in a hotel in Birmingham for two months so you get into a routine of eating the same room service each week and sleeping on bad beds. It is a culmination of things which are very unsettling.

I don't know if Spurs were my first choice at that particular time. Initially, when the rumours had started about [a move to] Arsenal, I was very interested because I wanted to play for [their manager] Arsene Wenger. He was developing young players like [Spain midfielder] Cesc Fabregas, so I wanted to improve as a player and he was the main man doing that. I think he lost faith in English players though.

Tottenham had a good core of English players such as Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe, Sean Davis and Michael Dawson. I wanted to be a part of that and I knew I would play under [then-manager] Martin Jol. We were on England duty in Chicago and Carrick and Defoe asked if I fancied it. I was confused at the time, I knew I wanted to leave but did not know where I wanted to go.

When I went to Villa, I had gone in to training with Spurs on the morning. I was actually expecting a call to go to Manchester City after speaking to their coach David Platt, who I had been with at Nottingham Forest. He told me he had spoken to manager Roberto Mancini, they would love to have me on board so the move was up to me. In the end, they signed Owen Hargreaves so I went to Villa.

In football, you do have regrets and there are decisions you have to make especially on deadline day. It is heightened by the fact that is has to happen NOW. Should I? Should I not? The decision is made and you are gone

8 hours ago, gharperr said:

i dont get the hate.

You've already said you don't watch Seria A  so how do you know if Wilshere would play regularly at Roma.

They have some good players in their squad but Wilshere would play a decent amount there.

My point was if he goes to one of those teams Wilshere will be playing in europe and fighting for top 4...so pretty much the level he's at at Arsenal.

Bournemouth will just be fighting another relegation battle. I just think it's an odd move tbh. The slower pace of Seria A would also help his fitness improve I reckon.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Yes, that was reported this morning. Apparently Arsenal initially said that the Italian clubs had to pay a loan fee if they wanted him which they agreed too, then Arsenal rejected it all together. They told Jack if he wanted a loan it had to be in the UK otherwise it was off. Maybe they are nervous about how he will behave when they can't easily keep tabs on him?

He still on the fags then?

5 hours ago, Genie said:

£30m and a 5 year contract, I can't help but think Spurs will regret this deal.

Yes he didn't stand up and perform for Newcastle last season and I think has been bought on the back of a good euros. Kante cost chelsea less. i know who I would rather have. 

• Like 1

Top 4 should be interesting this year. I think United and City are pretty much certain to be 1st and 2nd. 3rd I think will go to Chelsea. 4th is completely open though. Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, and Liverpool will be pushing for that spot. Then you have West Ham, Everton, and Southampton who are decent and can cause issues. 

I don't think Spurs strengthened enough. Arsenal did just enough imo to keep top 4. Liverpool are better off than they were last season, but they still have a ways to go for top 4. 

Edited by Czechlad

I read that Mino Raiola, agent to Zlatan, Pogba, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Balotelli, Matuidi.... personally made about £30 million this summer in agent fees.

The money involved in football transfers really is sickening, as is agent power.

• Like 1