Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, this one is understandable, no? He's gone from 3rd choice to 2nd choice presumably. 

As Zatman was saying it wasn't long ago he was highly rated at Reading and called up to England squad.

He should make at least one move where he's going to be number one.

That Milik transfer is shocking, he is decent talent but not consistent enough at that level. I would say £10 million for him would be a gamble

Ajax have absolute robbed them

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

That's the thing people are missing, there are still plenty of good experienced 26-30 year old regular international players who don't all cost 20-30m but seems prem clubs want to go for the over inflated transfer fee to excite their supporters.

or maybe your opinion on these less than 20m cb being good enough is totally wrong for what certain teams want to achieve (hence why theyre less than 20m) and its nothing to do with "exciting supporters"? how would stones excite supporters? or Mangala/demichelis/bailey.

i imagine those cb's fall into category like shawcross/williams where for some bizarre reason get talked about as if they should be playing higher than what they are when in reality theyre at their level and moving higher they would get "exploited". (Or exploits will be criticised more)

Edited by gharperr

Ashley Williams to Everton is gathering pace. At £10m seems decent value too (in the current crazy climate). If they can go from Stones to Williams and still have £40m in the bank leftover Everton should be very pleased with themselves.

So with Sané to Man City done I kinda wonder where in the pecking order Iheanacho will be.

Aguero, Nolito, Sané, Bony in a team who will probably play 4-3-3 and also have De Bruine, Silva, (Nasri) Sterling and Navas to compete against.

Will he go out on loan to get minutes before the African Cup of Nations?

Totally unrealistic, but I'd be rather pleased if we could get him in even if he might be off in January. Won't happen of course.

7 minutes ago, gharperr said:

will be amazed if bony gets another minute for city.

and navas will probably be getting phased out

Yeah I'd imagine so, although not many clubs will be willing to match their wages.

Bony to Turkey or China, Navas on loan to Sevilla or Benfica?

Hull and Boro have sewn up 2 of the relegation places before the season kicks off and now I see Swansea making a late bid for the 3rd one by selling Ayew & Willliams.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Hull and Boro have sewn up 2 of the relegation places before the season kicks off and now I see Swansea making a late bid for the 3rd one by selling Ayew & Willliams.

Will leave them with plenty of money to sign Richards and Sinclair thou.

You know, to make really sure they are relegated.

54 minutes ago, BOF said:

Boro will stay up comfortably no?

Got some good players at the club, looking forward to how likes of Adomah, Grant Leadbitter and Clayton do in the prem and they're quite solid at the back. Think they'll be reasonanbly comfortable.

Can't see much hope for Burnley again....lost an experienced prem player in Barton and thought they might dip into the foreign market this time but seems Dyche is the new MON and dosen't like signing them.

Yeah Swansea will be down there, losing a lot of quality and while Gudiolin did a very good rescue job from January he dosen't strike me as a long term appointment. Them or Watford as third team to go.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Boro will stay up comfortably no?

Got some good players at the club, looking forward to how likes of Adomah, Grant Leadbitter and Clayton do in the prem and they're quite solid at the back. Think they'll be reasonanbly comfortable.

Can't see much hope for Burnley again....lost an experienced prem player in Barton and thought they might dip into the foreign market this time but seems Dyche is the new MON and dosen't like signing them.

Yeah Swansea will be down there, losing a lot of quality and while Gudiolin did a very good rescue job from January he dosen't strike me as a long term appointment. Them or Watford as third team to go.

My Boro comment was slightly tongue in cheek on the basis that they have Valdes and Guzan battling it out to be the goalkeeper.  If they stay up, it'll be done at the other end of the pitch. 

Rafael van der Vaart rumoured to FC Midtjylland in Denmark. Was surprised that he couldn't get better offers but than I read his girlfriend plays handball in Esbjerg(kind of close). Good choice for Rafael. 

6 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah I'd imagine so, although not many clubs will be willing to match their wages.

Bony to Turkey or China, Navas on loan to Sevilla or Benfica?

Bony was a typical money wasting deal from man city, he was ever going to start for them, totally unsuited to how they play and will no doubt end up sending him on loan covering most of he's wages.

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Rafael van der Vaart rumoured to FC Midtjylland in Denmark. Was surprised that he couldn't get better offers but than I read his girlfriend plays handball in Esbjerg(kind of close). Good choice for Rafael. 

VDV's legs have gone, saw him for Hamburg two seasons ago and he could barely run then, same at Betis last season.

Class player in his day.

7 hours ago, BOF said:

My Boro comment was slightly tongue in cheek on the basis that they have Valdes and Guzan battling it out to be the goalkeeper.  If they stay up, it'll be done at the other end of the pitch. 

Valdes was flapping in the rare few corners we put near him. Will be a nightmare against better teams with set-pieces :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Ashley Williams to Everton is gathering pace. At £10m seems decent value too (in the current crazy climate). If they can go from Stones to Williams and still have £40m in the bank leftover Everton should be very pleased with themselves.

He had a good Euros but I thought last 18 months in games I watched Swansea he has lost a bit of form and looked all over the place

could be that I had him in my fantasy team all season

• Like 1