Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Gotze back to Dortmund 

Amazed Liverpool aren't in for him.

I thought Klopp was this MON like figure all these players would swim the channel to play for? Clearly not.

Liverpool badly need some top class players particularly at CB. 

3 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Premier League offers and a subdued role in the capital are pushing James Rodriguez closer to the Real Madrid exit door.

Thoughts of a departure didn't appear to be on the Colombian's mind even a few short weeks ago, but should anyone match James' €80 million price tag it would be up to the player to decide on his future, having dropped down the Los Blancos pecking order.

Such a fee would clearly limit the number of potential destinations, except for cash-rich clubs such as Jose Mourinho's Manchester United, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, and even West Ham United, who are considering a bid. However, no club has surpassed an offer of €60m at this point.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/07/16/5789e848468aeb01448b45d9.html

Imagine if Man. United sign him, Pogba to add to Mikhitryan and Zlatan.

Would be favourites to win the league imo.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Amazed Liverpool aren't in for him.

I thought Klopp was this MON like figure all these players would swim the channel to play for? Clearly not.

Liverpool badly need some top class players particularly at CB. 

rumor was that liverpool pulled out of signing him as they did not wish to be his "back-up" plan

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Vardy got 5 goals the season before and still a chance he could be a one season wonder. teams will play deeper vs Leicester next season which he might struggle with

Yes I know but Mahrez like Kante were just plucked from Ligue 2 and newly promoted Ligue 1 clubs. It was Leicester that turned them into good players. its possible that they could also be one season wonders. Vardy at least had some pedigree of scoring goals in the championship and lower leagues before.

I'm sure Kante will do a good job at Chelsea but would worry about Mahrez if he went to a club like barcelona or Real Madrid that he might find himself out of his depth, not play many games and never ever be the player he was at leicester.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Imagine if Man. United sign him, Pogba to add to Mikhitryan and Zlatan.

Would be favourites to win the league imo.

I quite fancy them to win the league next season. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Gotze isn't very good. 

Ssssssssshhhh

he won the Germans the World Cup or something or other

hes a good player but you have to be really really clever how you use him, almost like you have to build your team round him but he's not good enough to justify it, kind of like Fabregas 

Gotze isnt anything that special, quite overrated. as said before he reminds me a lot of Brolin with his chubby features that he will probabaly become a part time player soon and enjoy the high life

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gotze isnt anything that special, quite overrated. as said before he reminds me a lot of Brolin with his chubby features that he will probabaly become a part time player soon and enjoy the high life

Yep Brolin was exceptional until the age of 24 and then literally turned into shit, Gotze is at the same age and seems to be declining.

As a none arsenal fan, Wenger is so frustrating, so I can't imagine what it must be like to an Arsenal fan. Why won't he just spend £70m ish on a top class striker and defender (money which they have) to really make a statement and push for the league title. 

• Like 3

sure Bonucci is linked with Chelsea and City and dont see any reason why Arsenal wouldnt bid for him or Chiellini and have Champions League which Chelsea dont have and have London effect which City dont have. It would put Arsenal favourites for title its how close they are

in the end Wenger will sign this lad and then probably couple young players who have potential and then an overpriced 3rd rate player at end of window