Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

Bonucci staying at Juve then?

Not convinced by City. If they'd signed likes of Bonucci and Aubameyang they'd win the league quite comfortably imo.

As it stands they're relying on Pep instantly adapting to the prem, I think he'll have a few issues along the way which could let in Man. United.

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt pay 6million for Stones

Some folk want £5m for Clark :P

Joking aside, that is an insane amount of money imo. When you think back to the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand, who both cost UTD what was considered an obscene amount of money at the time, at least you knew these guys were going to be something special. I really don't see it with Stones, yes he has the potential to be a good player, but i don't see him ever becoming "world class". 

As i said during the Euros, a £60m defender does not sit on a bench watching Gary Cahill and Chris Smalling getting pulled to peices by Iceland. 

9 hours ago, Nicho said:

It seems stupid really, lower prices, fill stadium, improve atmosphere at the ground and on TV, improves brand, sell brand for more money.

I suppose if your already filling 80% of your ground at the current price filling 100% and making less money makes no sense. Especially if your going to get the kind of money from the rights anyway.

As PieFacE has said the difference between selling a ticket at the current price and at a more affordable one is very little. I would have thought that making tickets more affordable for fans was worth the minimal amount that would have taken out of the extra millions that PL clubs have had from TV money this season! 

8 hours ago, John said:

As PieFacE has said the difference between selling a ticket at the current price and at a more affordable one is very little. I would have thought that making tickets more affordable for fans was worth the minimal amount that would have taken out of the extra millions that PL clubs have had from TV money this season! 

But they are a business, the difference in dropping tickets from £40 to £30 if your filling your 40k seater stadium over the domestic 19 home games is £8 million, If you can get £40 why change from a business point view. I for one would go more if it was cheaper and I will be going to villa a lot more the season as its £25.

Transfers this summer are just getting out of hand and that £8 mill probably goes towards just agents.

14 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I wasn't massively impressed with Nolito at the Euros. Is it just him and Gundogan that they've signed?

Ukrainian lad who apparently impressed for Ukraine in the Euros though he only 19 I think

Edited by Zatman

6 hours ago, Nicho said:

But they are a business, the difference in dropping tickets from £40 to £30 if your filling your 40k seater stadium over the domestic 19 home games is £8 million, If you can get £40 why change from a business point view. I for one would go more if it was cheaper and I will be going to villa a lot more the season as its £25.

Transfers this summer are just getting out of hand and that £8 mill probably goes towards just agents.

I accept that they are a business but given the huge increase in revenue from the new TV deal it would have been nice if they had thought of the fans and put a little of that extra income towards reducing prices. As you have said you would go more often if prices were lower and I'm sure quite a few more would and that has to be good for football and the clubs in the long term. Football clubs needed to look at price levels that were affordable for a wider range of income levels. But that opportunity has been lost and it is agents and players that will again be the ones that benefit from the TV deal increase.