Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

i dont get why nobody criticized him for his god awful defending against hamsik in the euros. It was so bad. (not really a point to this post but whatever). Some defenders really do get let off by the media compared to others.

Also have we got to the point where if every signing is "lol overspend, craZy figures, what idiots are paying that" then its no longer crazy figures/overspend? And just simple inflation. Because its getting a bit boring reading about overspend after every signing

Milik looked great in euros. never watched ajax play and cba to look up stats, but his finishing could just be put down to variance at euros. Hes only 22 aswell? not bad. If hes already getting into all those goal scoring oppertunities which hes missing in a tourny, not really that big of a deal given his age and improvement in certain areas of his game. Getting into those spots is just much more important/valuable 

Edited by gharperr

follow up from my milik post. Can somebody confirm or tell me ive just made it up in my head that something similar happened with saurez. In my mind he went through a period at liverpool where he just kept getting himself into great scoring opportunities but ended up missing a bunch of 1v1 or hitting the post a lot. Which made people question his potential future greatness.   but looking at his year on year goal scoring is making me think i made that up.

No you're not.....had him in my Fantasy football team for a period in 11/12 and he won me about 5 points over 3 month period so that's probably the drought season he had.

Don't really see Milik being anywhere near that standard but read Napoli are targeting Bacca which makes total sense. He will be the finisher to replace Higuain while Milik will be more of a development signing...playing here and there as understudy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gharperr said:

Also have we got to the point where if every signing is "lol overspend, craZy figures, what idiots are paying that" then its no longer crazy figures/overspend? And just simple inflation. Because its getting a bit boring reading about overspend after every signing

On the one hand, you're right, these are now 'market prices' so some of this that looks like overspend isn't actually overspending at all. 

On the other hand, I will defend people's right to point that 100% (or whatever, but a big number) price inflation over the last twelve months is not particularly edifying, nor is it sustainable long-term. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sne said:

So with Sané to Man City done I kinda wonder where in the pecking order Iheanacho will be.

Aguero, Nolito, Sané, Bony in a team who will probably play 4-3-3 and also have De Bruine, Silva, (Nasri) Sterling and Navas to compete against.

Will he go out on loan to get minutes before the African Cup of Nations?

Totally unrealistic, but I'd be rather pleased if we could get him in even if he might be off in January. Won't happen of course.

Nolito will probably play because he's just been signed, but based on his Euros performances I fail to see how he's better than any of the other names mentioned.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

He had a good Euros but I thought last 18 months in games I watched Swansea he has lost a bit of form and looked all over the place

could be that I had him in my fantasy team all season

I don't think he did have a good Euro's TBH. He looked a bit off balance at times and a bit bambi on ice. Definitely signs that his legs are going.

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

On the other hand, I will defend people's right to point that 100% (or whatever, but a big number) price inflation over the last twelve months is not particularly edifying, nor is it sustainable long-term. 

curious why its not sustainable? not like sky market is shrinking + asia becoming more and more interested...

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

curious why its not sustainable? not like sky market is shrinking + asia becoming more and more interested...

The facetious answer why it isn't sustainable is that if prices double each year, we're about four seasons away from the first billion pound player and within 30 years players would be being traded for sums larger than the current size of the entire world economy. 

The more serious answer is that the entire edifice is now based on the free time habits of affluent Asian men not changing at all, from now on, for ever. The assumption that the fashion for English football will never disappear or die down seems to me to be completely unsafe. The issue is that English football clubs are so far from self-sustaining that were the Premier League not able to secure new, larger-than-ever rights issues every time the contract ran out, a large number of clubs would immediately go to the wall. I bet the gate receipts at Bournemouth wouldn't even cover more than four or five players' wages. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Doesn't it automatically embed?

Not impressed with the signings so far, my football manager save is already **** thanks to all these words removed signing my usual trgets.

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Think he's on loan at Palmeiras until January as City can't get a work permit until then.

There's another young Brazilian player called Gabriel playing at Santos. Both are highly rated, be interesting to see which one turns out to be better ad Brazil certainly need all the top level players they can muster in their present state.

Both playing at the Olympics. 

34 minutes ago, V01 said:

Doesn't it automatically embed?

Not impressed with the signings so far, my football manager save is already **** thanks to all these words removed signing my usual trgets.

Ah i normally post on my phone but had a go on the laptop... and yes a simple copy and paste works.

I know nothing about this Gabriel Jesus, but amazing how he gets a work permit because of the size of the chequebook in front of the panel, or gifted and talented as it's also known.

•