Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

So you think Benteke is worth more than Vardy. I don't and I don't think they will get anywnere near 25mil for him now. 

Benteke is about 5 years younger and has more Premier League goals than Vardy in his career. Their is a chance he could be a one season wonder 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Benteke is about 5 years younger and has more Premier League goals than Vardy in his career. Their is a chance he could be a one season wonder 

Yep. I think people forget he's nearly 30 and 1 year removed from a 5 goal season. I rate the guy, but if I were a manager I'm not sure I take the risk.

Amazed he got a league one club, he hasn't played any form of football for over 4 years now so will take a while to get back into things plus the appeal will be during next season so that will disrupt things.

Let's be honest though there's a very good chance he'll win the appeal so I can understand why Chesterfield feel they can ride out the storm.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its actually less than 4 years, but Vardy is certainly playing at a higher level and with more passion than Benteke is currently. I do rate Benteke  but I know who I would rather have right now. Who knows what the future brings but I do not see Vardy as a one season wonder, Unless he gets injured or loosed his appetite of course. 

So would I, though not if Leicester.

Benteke scored not far off Vardy's total last season in two of his three seasons with us, and for a much worse team, but he has three problems as a top striker. The first is that he doesn't have perfect close control so he reasonably often surrenders possession. The second is that he seems to suffer massively from confidence issues. It should actually be a bit worrying how much of an improvement he was able to make just by Sherwood whispering a few sweet nothings to him. Then he started last season alright under Rodgers but a few bad games, the crowd got on his back, Klopp came in and suddenly he's back to bereft of confidence again. The third problem, related to the second, is that he goes through barren spells where he seems to need to play himself back into form. He was able to do that here because we never had any other options, but at a team like Liverpool if you have a couple of rotten games you're going to be on the bench for a period. 

I'm not sure he'll move this summer. Think Liverpool will want £20m+. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Be interested what Arsenal's plan B is for upfront now.

ALready I'm looking at Arsenal mania and they're claiming Wenger is done for transfer business, surely not?

Welbeck will miss most of next season, Giroud is Giroud, Walcott has gone stale at  Arsenal and needs a move now. Still got Alexis, Campbell and the emerging Iwobi but that isn't huge depth for the three positions upfront.

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Be interested what Arsenal's plan B is for upfront now.

ALready I'm looking at Arsenal mania and they're claiming Wenger is done for transfer business, surely not?

Welbeck will miss most of next season, Giroud is Giroud, Walcott has gone stale at  Arsenal and needs a move now. Still got Alexis, Campbell and the emerging Iwobi but that isn't huge depth for the three positions upfront.

If they have serious ambitions of winning the league next season they need a 20 goal + a season striker. No one they have on their books will do that. Theres talk about Lewandowski but why would he leave Bayern to go to Arsenal.