Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Redmonds joined Southampton, not sure how much for but its a record fee received for norwich

i know he was at blues but I'll always think we let him get away, we'd sold young, downing and Milner, bought zog...should have got him on the other side

He's never really done it in the prem though...was very much in and out at  Norwich last season.

Still Southampton is a good place for players to develop.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's never really done it in the prem though...was very much in and out at  Norwich last season.

Still Southampton is a good place for players to develop.

I thought he was pretty decent last season, but I doubt he'll ever develop into a quality player.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Good signing, said in ex match thread yesterday he didn't look ready for a big move, schalke have a good young set up 

Yep he's looked very raw in this tournament.

As I said before people were demanding us to sign him last summer thinking he'd have been the new Benteke just like that.

Even if he'd come to the prem this summer he'd have struggled imo.

On 25 June 2016 at 22:04, Folski said:

The world has gone insane, Deeney 30m, Mane 40m, 11m Redmond fair enough looks decent when compared to the other but jesus that's stupid money.

Vlla being out of the big money premier league next season might be a blessing is disguise if everyone else is saddling themselves up with average players on mega money.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Vlla being out of the big money premier league next season might be a blessing is disguise if everyone else is saddling themselves up with average players on mega money.

It's not a blessing because we could quite easily be there getting the huge amounts of money and avoiding saddling ourselves with mediocrity :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's not a blessing because we could quite easily be there getting the huge amounts of money and avoiding saddling ourselves with mediocrity :(

Might ;)

We could come back up next year, money to spend and having the advantage of not pissing away a fortune this summer on average players (like many will it seems) which are contract for another 3 or 4 years.

Just being positive :D

Oh I know you're just being positive.  I'm just saying that it's not a 'might' that we will be almost £100m worse off in a best case scenario and that's if we do manage to go up in 1 year, and that's not factoring in what happens to our squad over the next year.  Hopefully having a fantasy football owner mitigates that somewhat but I'm not glass half full about the Championship.  It's an absolute shitshow and it's the worst time to be going down into it.  All the delusion in the world doesn't change that but I appreciate that some defence mechanisms need to go up around the place rather than looking at the starker reality.  The sooner we get back out of this remedial class the better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I guess this is the effect of the new TV deal. It's not bringing in a higher quality of player, it's just making average to good players' value increasing. 

Was any other result ever on the cards?

Edited by HanoiVillan

Ha will keep a watch...already Redmond gone for 11m and think Troy Deeney will move for 25m + so not far off 20% from just those two...

And these are players who get nowhere near the England squad. It's bonkers when you think about it.