Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

benteke to arsenal would be more wtf than bony to city. Horrible move

Lolarse, cant even outspend LCFC. Nah, all serious, guess it was all down to contract length in the end?

Seriously doubt wenger is done spending, just sounds like arse fans being arse fans. Lewa is never going there. Mkhitaryan still hasnt decided his future yet has he? Isnt he heavily linked with arsenal?

On 6/10/2016 at 10:40, villaglint said:

Before the season ended me and a mate tried to guess the most ridiculous buy of the summer. I went for someone buying Joe Allen for £25m but this is a good early contender.

With the fees going around these days and how clubs overreact to a Euros/World Cup performance, you could very well be right. He's had an excellent Euros. I'm guessing he won't for that amount, but I can't imagine teams won't be in for him now.

Edited by kurtsimonw

50 minutes ago, gharperr said:

benteke to arsenal would be more wtf than bony to city. Horrible move

Lolarse, cant even outspend LCFC. Nah, all serious, guess it was all down to contract length in the end?

Seriously doubt wenger is done spending, just sounds like arse fans being arse fans. Lewa is never going there. Mkhitaryan still hasnt decided his future yet has he? Isnt he heavily linked with arsenal?

Wants to go to Man. United.

16 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

With the fees going around these days and how clubs overreact to a Euros/World Cup performance, you could very well be right. He's had an excellent Euros. I'm guessing he won't for that amount, but I can't imagine teams won't be in for him now.

Allen's always been a decent player, was really good for Swansea. He's always suffered at Liverpool from ridiculous price tag and being a disciple of Rodgers.

He'll go to a mid table club like Stoke or Southampton and do fine. Infact if we were still in the prem and had money to burn he would've been a very good pick up here.

59 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Leicester should stop bidding for Deeney and offer 20 for Benteke 

That would be a great move for him in all honesty. Leicester need a plan B from Vardy.

No reason why it couldn't work although you might have to move Vardy a little wider.

When you think how good Benteke was for us in a counter attacking team with Gabby and Weimann either side I think he'd do fine with Vardy and Mahrez.

10 hours ago, useless said:

Apparently Everton are favourites to sign Mata. Don't how likely it is in reality, but it's been rumoured for a while now.

Mata was really poor last season IMO, Everton is no lower than he deserves. 

think its  unfair to judge any united attackers too much tbh, even depay, when LVG destroys all creative attacking output. Wasnt mata shoved out wide with lingaard CAM a lot aswell?

but yeh mata will likely go given Mou obviously doesnt rate him much

Wanyama confirmed

benteke to LCFC would be good move for all

Edited by gharperr

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Allen's always been a decent player, was really good for Swansea. He's always suffered at Liverpool from ridiculous price tag and being a disciple of Rodgers.

He'll go to a mid table club like Stoke or Southampton and do fine. Infact if we were still in the prem and had money to burn he would've been a very good pick up here.

yeah he is very good at keeping the ball and think he would thrive in a better team. Liverpool havent got best out of him and are poor football team and even in best season with Suarez was quick ball forward and high tempo. He is a bit like poorer Carrick 

Redmonds joined Southampton, not sure how much for but its a record fee received for norwich

i know he was at blues but I'll always think we let him get away, we'd sold young, downing and Milner, bought zog...should have got him on the other side

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Redmonds joined Southampton, not sure how much for but its a record fee received for norwich

i know he was at blues but I'll always think we let him get away, we'd sold young, downing and Milner, bought zog...should have got him on the other side

Wasn't he only about 18 when we signed N'Zogbia? Bit young perhaps but as an investment would have made sense.

2 minutes ago, adw95 said:

Wasn't he only about 18 when we signed N'Zogbia? Bit young perhaps but as an investment would have made sense.

Get to the shoe shop, Boy ;)