Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

I know I can't really talk given some repetitiveNess of my posts about arsenal. 

But it sure is going to get boring if after every transfer fee somebody going to post "omg so overpaid, it's crazy this market". Why do people care so much about inflation? Or act as if they know the players current skill + potential + contract length of a player to put a monetary value on it for multi-billion dollar business? 

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can someone explain to me why Morata is so highly rated? £47m for a striker who scored an amazing 7 league goals last season, and 8 the season before that seems outrageous. 

He is young, and despite his low amount of goals, he actually has an excellent goals to minutes ratio. Morata also is great on the ball, so he is assisting other players and capable of creating chances. He is a pretty complete forward who is young and has loads of potential. 

Edited by Czechlad

16 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

, he actually has an excellent goals to game ratio.

Looking at goals per game is silly.  Non pen goals per minutes played is obvious stat you want. And it's not great at all

Edited by gharperr

41 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Looking at goals per game is silly.  Non pen goals per minutes played is obvious stat you want. And it's not great at all

Not sure if serious, but as a stat enthusiast... (and it's a good stat for a scorer, IMO)

• Thomas Muller - 206 minutes per non penalty goal
  • Alvaro Morata - 178 minutes per non penalty goal
  • Sergio Aguero - 153 minutes per non penalty goal
  • Antoine Griezmann - 213 minutes per non penalty goal
  • Romelu Lukaku - 186 minutes per non penalty goal

The likes of Higuain, Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski are all sub 150 - but these guys are the best on the planet. I don't think his record is especially bad. I think the main mark against him is that his goal total is very low, but he's hardly going to bang in 25 a season when he just isn't getting the minutes.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Leicester have had a £20m bid for troy deeney rejected

£20m for troy deeney...to the league winners...madness

£20m you say?

For Troy Deeney you say?

REJECTED you say?? 

Now that is madness.

Is this the season where the new £10m is £20m?

49 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'm not sure what's worse, the offer or the rejection.

I'm unable to have an opinion on this potential transfer until somebody can tell me what his minutes per non-penalty goal ratio is.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

£20m you say?

For Troy Deeney you say?

REJECTED you say?? 

Now that is madness.

Is this the season where the new £10m is £20m?

As some have already said, it's not that clubs like us and Newcastle are necessarily going to get left behind because of all the extra money in the PL, it's more that PL clubs will spend ridiculous money on merely decent / average players. The quality doesn't automatically rise, just the prices.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Fair few reporting pjanic to Juve pretty much done

Apparently Pjanic, Gomes (Valencia) and Berardi are what they want to bring in with the Pogba money. Cavani also, if they can't work anything out with Madrid over Morata. Would be pretty good business, they've done a good job with transfers these last 5 or so years.

54 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

As some have already said, it's not that clubs like us and Newcastle are necessarily going to get left behind because of all the extra money in the PL, it's more that PL clubs will spend ridiculous money on merely decent / average players. The quality doesn't automatically rise, just the prices.

It's so obvious, yet seems so hard for about 75% of posters on here to understand. 

• Like 1

I am very surprised by Leicester's bid for Deeney but their buying policy has been excellent so maybe they know something we don't. 13 league goals last season. he could improve that record at Leicester. 

29 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I am very surprised by Leicester's bid for Deeney but their buying policy has been excellent so maybe they know something we don't. 13 league goals last season. he could improve that record at Leicester. 

An unlikeable fella who's a complete nuisance on the pitch, never giving an defender a minutes peace and still "living the dream", remind you of anyone?

Whilst i would hope to be aiming a tad bit higher if i were a Leicester fan, he's like Vardy light. It could be quite shrewd