Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

25 mill for Troy Deeney.... crazy

This is what annoys me about the growing wealth in football. Ultimately it's the players, already getting obscene money for doing something we all do for free that get richer and richer.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wanyama would also end the Gueye going Spurs rumours

I know a lad very well, was in his wedding, who grew up with these guys, said Wanyama was always last picked in the school footy. Mind you the lad i know was a heck of a player.

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Walsall get 20% sell on fee I think. New Yacht for Jeff Bonser.

Jeff Bonser reacts to the news

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Wanyama is a hideous footballer....but he is 6ft tall and 8ft wide. 

The latest must have for top teams - big African defensive midfielders that have no skill or attacking attributes. 

59 minutes ago, useless said:

Wanyama is a very good footballer. But then again what do me and Pochettino know.

Did you really just put yourself alongside Pochettino?

I think Djemba Djemba is a good footballer. But then again what do me and Fergie know.

pretty sure hes semi taking the piss when i said exact same about not rating benteke being good enough for top teams.

replacing mason with wanyama and only costing 11m will be pretty great

Edited by gharperr
maybe hes not tho. All the wording/grammar is the same though.

Wanyama has played a big part in Southampton's (relative) success the last three years, and is incomparable to Djemba Djemba. And in the current financial climate £11M is cheap for him, if he wasn't in the last year of his contract, he'd cost more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gharperr said:

pretty sure hes taking the piss when i said exact same about not rating benteke being good enough for top teams.

replacing mason with wanyama and only costing 11m will be pretty great

Benteke is still good enough for top teams. 

said my thoughts on whether he is or not plenty of times before. but i think this window will be very telling if he is good enough or not. With liverpool likely wanting to get rid, and plenty of teams needing a striker, and in market where deeney/vardy goes for 25m, aubameyang 60/70mil, morata 40/50mil...ill be very surprised if some top team doesnt come sign him for 25-32.5m if he was good enough...Pretty much a steal given market prices for good enough strikers and just how scarce that market is

Edited by gharperr

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Wanyama has played a big part in Southampton's (relative) success the last three years, and is incomparable to Djemba Djemba. And in the current financial climate £11M is cheap for him, if he wasn't in the last year of his contract, he'd cost more.

Ive read some saints fans in the past saying he was the reason schneiderlin was such a success and quite a bit of the praise should have been directed at wanyama instead.

I watched Southampton lose to Stoke last season and Wanyama was the best player on the pitch.  £11m is going to be a bargain considering what is going to be spent this summer.  He will fit in perfectly in what Pochettino is building there.

4 hours ago, gharperr said:

said my thoughts on whether he is or not plenty of times before. but i think this window will be very telling if he is good enough or not. With liverpool likely wanting to get rid, and plenty of teams needing a striker, and in market where deeney/vardy goes for 25m, aubameyang 60/70mil, morata 40/50mil...ill be very surprised if some top team doesnt come sign him for 25-32.5m if he was good enough...Pretty much a steal given market prices for good enough strikers and just how scarce that market is

So you think Benteke is worth more than Vardy. I don't and I don't think they will get anywnere near 25mil for him now. 

never said anywhere what i think thse players are actually worth. stating fees what clubs will try to sell for.  Be amazed if liverpool are happy to take over 12.5m loss on him after just one year with tv money increasing all fees where he will be very very beneficial for a number of non top clubs.

Edited by gharperr

39 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So you think Benteke is worth more than Vardy. I don't and I don't think they will get anywnere near 25mil for him now. 

Vardy's age counts against him in that respect