Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

If you think nuisance and work rate and then think go he's replacing ulloa then I think it's a smart move

If you think like half the rags will tomorrow he's replacing vardy when he inevitably moves to arsenal then that's a bit questionable

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you think nuisance and work rate and then think go he's replacing ulloa then I think it's a smart move

If you think like half the rags will tomorrow he's replacing vardy when he inevitably moves to arsenal then that's a bit questionable

True but they could spend 50m on a player and still not replace Vardy. I thought they would be setting their sights a bit higher though if it is a replacement for Vardy.. i assume Leicester have offered him a wage increase to be close to or equal what Arsenal have offered him. Latest news is he will probably stay at Leicester

Edited by PaulC

At the start of the season, what would have been the most remarkable headline?

'Leicester win the league'

Or

'Premier league Champions have £20m bid for Troy Deeney rejected'

Leicester winning the league, easily. At the start of the season wouldn't have been to hard to imagine Deeney scoring a few goals and therefore having a big valuation to his name. But Leicester winning the league was something I never even imagined (although I did predict that a manager was going to come from nowhere and take an unfashionable club to the title in the coming years)

5 minutes ago, useless said:

(although I did predict that a manager was going to come from nowhere and take an unfashionable club to the title in the coming years)

:huh:

I can't find my original prophecy but here's a link to me reiterating it back in February. Again it didn't cross my mind that it would be Leicester.

Edited by useless
Actually the word 'prophecy' is annoying me think 'prediction', instead.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, useless said:

I can't find my original prophecy but here's a link to me reiterating it back in February. Again it didn't cross my mind that it would be Leicester.

well you thought it would be Garde so I do question your prophecy 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's exactly how I saw it. He's an upgrade on Ulloa.

32 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Before the season ended me and a mate tried to guess the most ridiculous buy of the summer. I went for someone buying Joe Allen for £25m but this is a good early contender.

somebody buying one of Richards, Lescott or Gabby would beat any of them

• Like 1

Maybe but if Watford had put ighalo available for transfer in January window he'd have probably gone for 20m.

He certainly looks like a player who had a purple patch and now looks very average. Deeney assisted many of his goals and links things up well so he's more than just a goal poacher.