Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

Inter have a plan to get around Financial Fair Play limitations by getting Jiangsu Suning to buy Yaya Toure from Manchester City.

The Nerazzurri have been taken over by Chinese financial giants Suning Commerce Group, who bought 68.55 per cent of the club this week.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter could become a satellite club for their other football outfit, Jiangsu Suning, by taking players on loan.

That would allow them to get around FFP parameters, as on paper these players would be free.

The first target for this loophole would be Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, who is eager for a reunion with Roberto Mancini.

There is another potential journey to the Ivorian, as Inter could sign him with sponsors paying for part of his wages.

Interesting. Maybe Tony could do similar if he does buy another club.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham signed Feghouli i see. Could be a cracking bit of business that, on a free transfer aswell.

Him and Nordveitt for nothing that is a smart bit of squad building. 

think he has same agent as Reo-Coker as he has been going around saying he was signing for Barcelona 

You couldn't make it up

German second-tier club St Pauli improvised when their manager Ewald Lienen was unable to attend the unveiling of their new signing – using a man in an Ewald Lienen mask instead.

Club officials, who were announcing the deal for 22-year-old Borussia Dortmund striker Marvin Ducksch, came up with the solution when Lienen missed the press conference, but the ruse was quickly spotted online.

St Pauli then confirmed a body double had been used, tweeting a close up of the mask, and calling it a “one-off”.

The club released a quote from the real Lienen, who said: “With Marvin we get an attacker who has good technique and a very good end product.” Ducksch added: “I am looking forward to the challenge at St Pauli.”

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Feghouli is decent, but I think it's telling that even on a free West Ham was the best he could get.

Is it?. London + prem wages >>> quite a lot of champs league clubs. ( i have no idea if he is good enough for those clubs, but just saying west ham is the best isnt really a fair benchmark anymore given prem wages)

Edited by gharperr

6 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Is it?. London + prem wages >>> quite a lot of champs league clubs. ( i have no idea if he is good enough for those clubs, but just saying west ham is the best isnt really a fair benchmark anymore given prem wages)

I think West Ham are pretty good payers too from what I can tell.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gharperr said:

I meant in terms of club stature. He might play in Europe every now and then with West Ham. You'd think European regulars would be after him, with the potential of CL football. Maybe he went for the money, who knows.

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

The club should have made a "damn! foiled!" joke out of it.  It would go with St. Pauli's popular image too.

Given the photographic evidence, I doubt it was something they expected nobody to notice.

_89985689_stpauli_zpsqea0ihoy.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Given the photographic evidence, I doubt it was something they expected nobody to notice.

I know.  It's hilarious.  So run with it :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gharperr said:

wanyama to spurs apparently. 

Dier > Wanyama.

That said if the fee of £11m is correct then that's a **** bargain and they are short squad wise. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2016 at 16:00, choffer said:

The look on the player's face..."What the **** kind of circus have I just signed for?"

On 14/06/2016 at 01:04, kurtsimonw said:

Interesting. Maybe Tony could do similar if he does buy another club.

Sounds like what we thought Man City / NYCFC were up to with Lampard but apparently City were paying his wages directly.