Other Football Transfer Talk Summer 2016

Genie

3 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Hulk has signed for Shanghai SIPG from Zenit for £45million. He will earn £320,000 per week

Same team offered £38m for Ighalo from Watford 

(apparently) 

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not sure how good Embolo is to be honest. Based on the Euro's (which admittedly isn't the best way to judge a player) he didn't really look like he had a huge amount of quality outside of good pace and workrate. 

Yeah but PES. He's the best player in the world ever!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How is Nolito any different to Negredo?

They don't half waste some money

I imagine that if he ends with a record of nearly a goal every other game and then sold for a profit (like Negredo was) then they won't consider it a disaster.

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Palace apparently are in for Benteke. I think this move would be perfect for both club and player. Palace has desperately needed a proper striker for years. Benteke would get 20 with them. 

Not for me, it would be a massive step back.

Regarding Ighalo.  I don't think this means he's worth £37.5m or that Watford think he's worth more.  I think Watford know they would struggle to replace him because they can't attract players of profile.  And with the new TV deal kicking in now, they don't need to sell.  I may be wrong, but for me this is Watford acknowledging that what they have in Ighalo is fully good enough and they're sticking rather than twisting, and short of a properly bonkers bid they're keeping their own.

Ighalo was woeful 2nd half of last season, very much looks a half season wonder so that's huge money to reject.

Can only think with Deeney wanting to go to Leicester they don't want to sell both of their main strikers in same summer when you saw what happened to us this time last season.

• Like 1

I just realised Ighalo is 27 ?!?  I thought he was a kid in the 20/21 range and was about to excuse the 2nd half of his season based on that and on carrying them for most of it.