Phumfeinz

Villa Park redevelopment

seen someone say the club have stated there's "exciting" news on the way next week with regards to the VP redevelopment, cant find a link anywhere though

most likely to be something to do with the big screens and almost definitely a full reveal of what they're doing once the club shop / ticket office has gone

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

New VAR screens for the refs to use?

Still a bit small.

VAR banned from VP lol best news ever that would be and any VAR officials attempting to enter VP get automatically destroyed by the new drone system being installed, they are seek and destroy on anything VAR.

On a serious note:

I'd like the announcement of our ground going Oval.

Or new stadium plans.

Allowing the ladies to always play at VP.

A shock early signing, we can make them can't we? just we can't bring them in yet I think.

Free Pies, Beer and Bovril on match day 3 per person, that reaching the sky abit 😆.

Kevin Friend perma banned from VP and our games.

47 minutes ago, sne said:

New VAR screens for the refs to use?

Still a bit small.

Would be hilarious if it's in black and white. 

Thermal imaging I could imagine.

Isn't that just a small section of the full screen?

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It would be progress if with the new screens you can actually see the minutes played during the match. Or perhaps I need a eye test.

I always look at the scoreboard above the corner flag restaurant. 

In the Honouring Ron Saunders thread my keen eyes spotted this:

Bit disappointing if this means the club aren't looking to build a new North Stand, although I guess there aren't any timescales mentioned by @OutByEaster? so it might be just in the immediate future that they have no plans?

There's a strong chance we'll be relegated. They aren't going to be fannying around spending money to rebuild stand until if/when we have been reestablished back in the mid table of the prem for a number of years. 

• Like 1

Whilst I agree and understand about all of that great post, clubs nevertheless are still investing in infrastructure. Liverpool are looking to build, Fulham too. 

It's not just about bums on seats though, it's about corporate income posh lounges and meeting rooms to rent out 7 days a week. 

I am sure the size and probably more importantly the look of the ground can affect how much a sponsor is willing to pay. It's just part of the overall pecking order. 

I do believe if we survive and become established again they will get round to it. But yes the work they have done on the former executive boxes, the banners and the new screen show this is nowhere near imminent. 

The unwillingness to redevelop the North Stand makes me sad too.  Coupled with that, is the fact that my own little “dream” of a decent architect pulling off a redesign of the exterior of the trinity road stand (without affecting the structure or interior) will also never happen.

Purslow recently described Villa Park as a “cathedral” but half of it wouldn’t look out of place on an industrial estate.

Why oh why did it have to be Ellis and the hostile local council as then constituted that were in charge of Villa Park’s transition between 1990 and 2001?!

Edited by Stephen_Evans

I think basically as a premier league club you are far less reliant on the fans attending the games physically in regards to income- but with the amount of cash around you could afford to do a rebuild.

In the championship when it will be far more important for your bottom dollar-but because of the massive drop off in tv revenue it would be madness to rebuild.

However surely if Villa want to host other events such as concerts and perhaps the occasional England game a new North Stand would be a must.

A stand behind the goal you cannot sell as premium seats which also effects the decision making as well.  I am a bit suprised by Purslow's comments as in the summer said that there were 'plans' to fill in the corners- but looking at the spreashseets he must have changed his mind. Supply and demand if we start selling out every home game we can start to push the ticket prices up as well.

On 14/12/2019 at 22:05, OutByEaster? said:

So, Mr Purslow says “No” - we’re not getting a redeveloped North Stand any time soon and it makes me sad. I’m sure he cares little about my sad inner child, because he’s working on making this club one that can win and one that will make all of us happy. I think it probably makes him a good CEO.

Thanks for that - it was very interesting to read and i guess i agree.

Outbyeaster....that is a fantastic post and puts real light on our situation.  We obviously need to increase revenue year on year for a few years before we can take the 'hit' of losing 12k fans for a season during the rebuild of that stand.  Who knows, maybe it's part of his 5 year plan but not his 1 or 3 year plan 😉

On 19/12/2019 at 00:37, The Fun Factory said:

I think basically as a premier league club you are far less reliant on the fans attending the games physically in regards to income- but with the amount of cash around you could afford to do a rebuild.

In the championship when it will be far more important for your bottom dollar-but because of the massive drop off in tv revenue it would be madness to rebuild.

However surely if Villa want to host other events such as concerts and perhaps the occasional England game a new North Stand would be a must.

A stand behind the goal you cannot sell as premium seats which also effects the decision making as well.  I am a bit suprised by Purslow's comments as in the summer said that there were 'plans' to fill in the corners- but looking at the spreashseets he must have changed his mind. Supply and demand if we start selling out every home game we can start to push the ticket prices up as well.

I think if we were having to recevelop to try fit concerts and tgat in then im sure the new staium talk will pop in once more.

To fit in with money making this day and age we really would have to have a new stadium that utilises many business ventures concerts, track and field, olympics, Rugby, cricket, swimming, cinema, food courts, shopping complex and more is the new era of stadium, every money making venture all under one roof. And of course if it helped Aston Villa out to generate money for future to hold it's own and become somewhat self efficient without as much owner fundage needed, I would be down for that.

You can only redevelop VP so much more, old style stadia that has limited usage, we should move to the future.

Of course if we were to get a new stadium, I'd give VP to the Villa Ladies and have it as a museum, it's the one football stadium that should be protected regardless.

Edited by Dave-R

On 20/12/2019 at 08:49, Dave-R said:

Of course if we were to get a new stadium, I'd give VP to the Villa Ladies and have it as a museum, it's the one football stadium that should be protected regardless.

They only got 1200 for a free game at Villa Park (despite massive social media advertising), and get a fraction of that on a weekly basis at Boldmere St Michaels. Don't think that is a sensible suggestion at all. 

Â