Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

@sidcow that sounds like 2 different things in the North Stand, they have the 2 rows of boxes in the middle which last time I went was still a traditional box, small square room which they cram about 6 or 8 people in, think it was just a  big window and you position yourself around the table to get a view, when I went it was curry night and the food was excellent, they then also have the open restaurant area where you have a meal with others and then you make your way out to the padded seats in the middle of the upper North, I've done that but it was so long ago I can't really remember it

They do something similar in the trinity where you eat in the open restaurant lounge and then sit outside or you can eat in the box and then make your way out on to the balcony 

The DE has the same boxes as the trinity, eat inside then a balcony but the concourse and entrance toilets and all that jazz aren't as nice, or in the away end they have a row of seats in front of the window 

The only bit I haven't done are the lounges in the corner of the holte / trinity, I've eaten in one of them but never for a game 

The trinity boxes with the balcony are excellent, I would say only pipped by a seat at the back of the lower holte (so you can stand up and use the holte suite) 

I think OBE's excellent post from December (on the previous page) gives very good reasons as to why this just isn't going to be happening, unfortunately. It's a romantic idea but not a financially logical one at the moment, and probably won't be for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2020 at 11:18, sne said:

If ever there was an opportunity to do any major construction at VP it would be now.

If they can bulldoze the north stand during lockdown the fans will be able to watch the "behind closed doors" games from the car park oxford united style.

40 000 masked up lads should be able to create enough furore to cheer the boys to safety

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/05/2020 at 08:45, screwdriver said:

If they can bulldoze the north stand during lockdown the fans will be able to watch the "behind closed doors" games from the car park oxford united style.

40 000 masked up lads should be able to create enough furore to cheer the boys to safety

Why Bulldoze the stand when they can keep the maternity part in place and have all the mothers, babys watching and god knows how many fathers buying tickets. Especially if Villa target those mothers who think there kid/kids have multiple fathers it's a complete new market to corner and a whole new idea for Jeremey Kyle 😂

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dave-R said:

mothers, babys watching and god knows how many fathers buying tickets. Especially if Villa target those mothers who think there kid/kids have multiple fathers it's a complete new market to corner and a whole new idea for Jeremey Kyle 😂

no chance mate. West midlands serious crime squad will be out in force to cash in on those flouting lockdown distanceing laws trying to watch some prem football on the sly!

they'll be tuning their imsi catchers in on every one in the vicinity and logging address details, send out postal fines to swell their corrupt coffers. If you're a streetwise new born baby your first ever meal will be to eat your sim card!

• Haha 1

I think inside its a great stand, offers facilities that a lot of PL clubs can't touch, including spurs and Everton pre new stadiums, last couple of times I've don't the tour the guide has made the point of just how much better than goodison VP is largely because of the trinity 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What happened to the plans to knock down the academy building? I presume it was put on hold because of the pandemic. It seemed a bit strange they had just put a application for demolition but not fixed plans over what to replace it with. I'd rather they keep the admittedly  tired  building than just have more empty space if they haven't decided in what to put there.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

What happened to the plans to knock down the academy building? I presume it was put on hold because of the pandemic. It seemed a bit strange they had just put a application for demolition but not fixed plans over what to replace it with. I'd rather they keep the admittedly  tired  building than just have more empty space if they haven't decided in what to put there.

The fact the application described those buildings as “not aesthetically pleasing” makes me hopeful they have noticed how awful the Trinity Road frontage is!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The fact the application described those buildings as “not aesthetically pleasing” makes me hopeful they have noticed how awful the Trinity Road frontage is!

Its a lot better after Lerner tarted it up. The original look was pure lego. Its not a classic stand like the original (the arguments over demolition of that beauty is a different discussion) but it does the job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can’t see them spending money on redevelopment when nobody knows when fans will be allowed back in the ground.

I’m not sure what they were planning but it won’t be ground expansion and wasn’t even before COVID-19.

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I can’t see them spending money on redevelopment when nobody knows when fans will be allowed back in the ground.

I’m not sure what they were planning but it won’t be ground expansion and wasn’t even before COVID-19.

Maybe ground expansion is even more crucial if we're likely to have reduced occupancy rates for a long time. The higher your capacity, the more you can fit in socially distanced. Assuming your looking at no more than a third ( and probably a lot less) we'd fill a 120k seater stadium under potential new rules. Maybe a slight remodelling while noone can sit in the stadium is the perfect time to do it as well.

Not that its a great idea to expand if they don't think the income in the short term is worthwhile and dont see us reaching Europe long term, but would be a hell of a statement to expand in this climate.

2 hours ago, andycv said:

Easier to see on tv - better quality = more $$$$

If there's a better quality option then you'd think they'd do it. These things pay for themselves and with more people watching games on TV than ever you'd think the money in it form advertisers would be up

Â