Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'd rather they plan all this in with a new north stand in one area rather than continuing with having the club shop at the furthermost point of the ground. It could also mean that there will be no permanent shop for quite a while.

Isn't it always out of stock anyway?

• Like 1

On 03/10/2019 at 13:46, The Fun Factory said:

I'd rather they plan all this in with a new north stand in one area rather than continuing with having the club shop at the furthermost point of the ground. It could also mean that there will be no permanent shop for quite a while.

I presume there won't be one, given they've just splurged on fancy new hospitality facilities in it.

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I presume there won't be one, given they've just splurged on fancy new hospitality facilities in it.

They will build it. 

What they've spent on the new hospitality will be small beer in the scheme of things. 

If we stay up I expect to see plans put in place for the following season. That would have given the new suite 2 full seasons to generate dosh. 

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree with @sidcowThe refurb is no more than that. It’s a quick and relatively cheap fix to bring poor corporate facilities in the North Stand to a reasonable standard until a complete rebuild of the stand. Assuming we look secure in the PL after two or three seasons I assume the rebuild will get the go ahead for completion within 5 years from now.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, I hope you're both right.

We’ll be right at some point. There”s only so many refurbs the North Stand can take before it crumbles. I think I will see a new North Stand and I’ve only got around 30 years left.

On a serious note, it will be built when the economics make sense. Perhaps a little earlier if our new owners want to leave a stamp on the club.

21 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I doubt it would have cost too much to strip the old woodchip paper off and put on a new coat of paint ;)

But I agree that the time to expand is now.....we are on a massive upsurge at the moment with the best football we have seen in the last 20 years regualarly being showcased at VP and  belief that we are on the verge of something special in our life times as Villa fans.

A swanky new North Stand with built in facilities as described above would take our infrastructure to all new levels!!

Edited by New_Hope

I’m sure we have grand plans for the entire stadium, probably starting with the North Stand but that will be developed as part of an ongoing plan. These guys are ambitious and realise that the stadium can be an income generator on both match days and none match days. This income effects our ability to spend, with regards to FFP,  but the cost of the infrastructure doesn’t fall under FFP rules and so we can spend as much as we want. It therefore makes perfect economic sense and also allows our guys to show off a little with a big structural statement.

Hopefully they can do it in a way that keeps Villa Park unique and doesn’t lose that special feeling that our home has always had. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I’m afraid that horse bolted under Doug Ellis to a significant extent.

I agree that mistakes, some of them terrible have been made, but I feel that there’s still an aura about the place. I could just be a sentimental old romantic though!

• Like 1

I wonder if they would consider buying Aston Hotel and doing something similar to it as The Holte Pub.  

I think it's a womens refuge or something at the moment so would need to assist with finding a new home for that but if it could be incorporated into the new Hotel it could be a great money spinner on matchdays and provide a valuable additional drinking venue for fans. 

There are so many industrial units going up in the area it may also attract some midweek custom as well. 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wonder if they would consider buying Aston Hotel and doing something similar to it as The Holte Pub.  

I think it's a womens refuge or something at the moment so would need to assist with finding a new home for that but if it could be incorporated into the new Hotel it could be a great money spinner on matchdays and provide a valuable additional drinking venue for fans. 

There are so many industrial units going up in the area it may also attract some midweek custom as well. 

I agree. They could make a fortune on matchdays if they did it right i.e. a massive outdoor area for pre-match beers with some food trucks serving some quality burgers etc, not the shite you get under the Aston Expressway. I don't normally go for a beer pre-match but did against the Albion in the play-off semi (or at least tried to) in the Aston Tavern. 4 quid to get in and massive queues at each bar. I was thinking 'why aren't they banging out bottles and cans?' Complete amateurs. We left without even getting served. Anyway, delayed rant over....there's definitely a market to exploit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â