Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Whatever the attendance figure for Wolves (which was clearly wrong*) it was announced as a sell out. 

Every game so far has been a sell out and probably every game in the near future will be a sell out.  My question is does anyone know our record for the number of consecutive sell outs.  We are surely heading for a modern record. 

* There was a game last season where the announced attendance was 100% definitely far lower than the actual attendance.  If there were 1000 empty seats against Wolves the I am a Dutch man.  Why do these anomalies occur? 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

* There was a game last season where the announced attendance was 100% definitely far lower than the actual attendance.  If there were 1000 empty seats against Wolves the I am a Dutch man.  Why do these anomalies occur? 

That was Swansea in the cup, wasn't it? From memory it was given as 30k when it looked close to a sell out. I think that was also free for season ticket holders so maybe it's an issue with that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Whatever the attendance figure for Wolves (which was clearly wrong*) it was announced as a sell out. 

Every game so far has been a sell out and probably every game in the near future will be a sell out.  My question is does anyone know our record for the number of consecutive sell outs.  We are surely heading for a modern record. 

My theory on the apparent anomaly:

it’s a lot easier to spot empty seats when they are in blocks rather than scattered around. Against wulves there were a couple of blocks empty and netting over the front few rows in the Upper North Stand. There were also empty blocks for segregation in the Lower.

What wasn’t so easily visible were the empty seats scattered around the Trinity and DE stands. Fans sat either side of an empty seat tend to ‘spread out’ which makes the empty seat less obvious. What looked like only 1 in 20 was probably more like 1 empty in 10 or 12 sets but that adds up to a couple of thousand plus probably another 500 or so thinly scattered across the Upper and Lower Holte.

I assume it was down to some season ticket holders not realising it was included and some season ticket holders being away over the half term school holiday.

Not in a billion years were there 6,000 empty seats.  Not a chance. Something else happens to cause the anomaly.  As someone else said it also happened last year in a cup game v Swansea. 

Edited by sidcow

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not in a billion years were there 6,000 empty seats.  Not a chance.

There probably was, upper north, the middle area which is bigger seats, was not used by wolves (I’m guessing not sold). Then there was an area lower north to the left as you look at it from the Holte, that was again not in use. Each of those areas were probably 2k each. Then you’re looking at 2k of seats throughout the rest of the stadium which is easily done. 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

There probably was, upper north, the middle area which is bigger seats, was not used by wolves (I’m guessing not sold). Then there was an area lower north to the left as you look at it from the Holte, that was again not in use. Each of those areas were probably 2k each. Then you’re looking at 2k of seats throughout the rest of the stadium which is easily done. 

Those 2 patches of empty seats in North stand was probably 200 or so lower and upper 3 or 400 only.  They had that entire end only holds about 6000 by your reckoning it was 2 thirds empty? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Those 2 patches of empty seats in North stand was probably 200 or so lower and upper 3 or 400 only.  They had that entire end only holds about 6000 by your reckoning it was 2 thirds empty? 

Oh ok may be off with my figures then. 

• 3 weeks later...

seen someone say the club have stated there's "exciting" news on the way next week with regards to the VP redevelopment, cant find a link anywhere though

most likely to be something to do with the big screens and almost definitely a full reveal of what they're doing once the club shop / ticket office has gone

VAR banned from VP lol best news ever that would be and any VAR officials attempting to enter VP get automatically destroyed by the new drone system being installed, they are seek and destroy on anything VAR.

On a serious note:

I'd like the announcement of our ground going Oval.

Or new stadium plans.

Allowing the ladies to always play at VP.

A shock early signing, we can make them can't we? just we can't bring them in yet I think.

Free Pies, Beer and Bovril on match day 3 per person, that reaching the sky abit 😆.

Kevin Friend perma banned from VP and our games.

47 minutes ago, sne said:

New VAR screens for the refs to use?

Still a bit small.

Would be hilarious if it's in black and white. 

Thermal imaging I could imagine.

Isn't that just a small section of the full screen?

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It would be progress if with the new screens you can actually see the minutes played during the match. Or perhaps I need a eye test.

I always look at the scoreboard above the corner flag restaurant. 

• 4 weeks later...

In the Honouring Ron Saunders thread my keen eyes spotted this:

Bit disappointing if this means the club aren't looking to build a new North Stand, although I guess there aren't any timescales mentioned by @OutByEaster? so it might be just in the immediate future that they have no plans?

Â