Villa Park redevelopment

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Is it true that the Ticket Office and Club Store are still standing with a slight revamp?

I was under the impression they were torn down in July, but saw photos of them covered in banners on Twitter this morning.

Yeah, everything is still there. Had some of this wrap-around on the roof of the ticbjet office. Pictures of cup winners, God etc. Store had been rebranded for Kappa. There were about 50-100 people working all around the ground when I was there. 

34 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Is there’s anything on the exterior of the Trinity?

Nothing major from what I saw. Little wrap around by McGregor saying 'Home since 1897' or something, some freshly painted gates and new block signs. No big overhaul of the cladding on the Trinity though. 

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Question. How come Villa Park isn't listed as a 5 star, but 4 star UEFA stadium? What's missing? Is it a capacity issue? 

It's ancient, sure there are loads of issues we lack compared to modern stadiums.

Capacity might be one.

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Question. How come Villa Park isn't listed as a 5 star, but 4 star UEFA stadium? What's missing? Is it a capacity issue? 

Capacity, disabled seats, executive seating and international signage to name a few I believe, miles off

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yay!

Got excited then thinking we were in for some cask conditioned ale which would have amazed me, but from that it's obviously just some fizzed up keg beer, might as well stick with the Tetleys/John Smiths which is all "craft" beer is at the end of the day.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Got excited then thinking we were in for some cask conditioned ale which would have amazed me, but from that it's obviously just some fizzed up keg beer, might as well stick with the Tetleys/John Smiths which is all "craft" beer is at the end of the day.

I think modern keg beers are much nicer than that old smooth flow stuff. And it isn't like a football stadium is geared up to keep the beers in pristine condition. I think this is a perfectly fine way to go about it.

I like that the club is supporting some local breweries. Hopefully this is all part of a wider improvement to the facilities on offer at VP.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Going to a football stadium is never going to be like sitting in your favourite CAMRA pub. Bottled conditioned real ale and carbonated cask ales are probably as good as you will get?

I don't know I don't visit that many stadia so I don't know what the golden standard is. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Going to a football stadium is never going to be like sitting in your favourite CAMRA pub. Bottled conditioned real ale and carbonated cask ales are probably as good as you will get?

I don't know I don't visit that many stadia so I don't know what the golden standard is. 

they can put in the nicest beer in the world the reality is if you get the first one to go through the pipes in 2 weeks you're getting a shit pint

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

they can put in the nicest beer in the world the reality is if you get the first one to go through the pipes in 2 weeks you're getting a shit pint

This Cellar Management course will ensure that all employees working in any establishment with a bar have the appropriate knowledge needed to properly store, prepare and pour cask ales and keg beers.

https://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk/business-skills/cellar-management-course

YW

Considering our official capacity is 42,785, it was disappointing to read yesterdays "sellout" fixture v Bournemouth had an official attendance of 40,996. I'm guessing Bournemouth sold out their away allocation. 

Surely we arent losing close to 2k seats in segregation? If so could that not be managed better? Would it not make more sense to stick away fans in an area where so much segregation is not required? I've tried to look up capacity by tier but could not find this information anywhere.

If the North Stand upper tier was 4k(?) for example, then it seems better business sense to let the away fans have that whole area but lose no seats to segregation, this might also allow us an agreement with clubs to let us take 4k (if it is that) fans in return. 

Another option would be to put up a thick clear plastic wall between fans in the middle, to split it half and half with steward/police presence either side rather than losing almost 2k seats. 

58 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Considering our official capacity is 42,785, it was disappointing to read yesterdays "sellout" fixture v Bournemouth had an official attendance of 40,996. I'm guessing Bournemouth sold out their away allocation.

I think our capacity for this season will be near to 41,500 with the closure of R1 and the netting keeping the segregation on place. There were noticeably empty seats in a couple of areas, including the away end - but if those are sold, they'd still count toward the attendance. Home tickets definitely sold out, so I'm guessing the away end didn't.

• Like 1
On 14/08/2019 at 11:00, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think UEFA go up to 5 star rating for years. It's 1 to 4. I believe the last time they did a list of elite stadiums it was in 2007.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2019 at 23:06, The Fun Factory said:

With the Commonwealth games happening next door and HS2 being built Villa should be in the sweet spot for redevelopment. In 10 years time Aston will be hipsterville. Or just slightly smarter.

VP No long being used as a venue for commonwealth games 

1 hour ago, tismyk said:

VP No long being used as a venue for commonwealth games ,,

I wonder if its because we will be rebuilding the North Stand?

Nope, its because of quatar 2022 

• Like 1

Surely everyone knew this at least 2 years ago when Birmingham won (well no else wanted it) the bid for 2022? Sounds like a easy cop-out and that the new owners were not keen on 2 days of egg-chasing. 

Its a shame as it is one less event in Birmingham and the athletic village is going to be in Perry Barr so it would be have been ideal. I thought it would have been some decent PR. Ibrox hosted the Severns back in 2014, now this time it is going to be in a stadium outside the host city and 20,000 smaller when compared to  Glasgow. It is also less environmentally friendly by having it in a stadium which I believe has a nearby station which is not open during event days when compared to Villa Park with 2 nearby stations.

History is repeating itself as for 2012 Villa Park was to host football games and then said we would be doing 'redevelopment works' during that summer so it went to the Ricoh.

Nothing happened on the North Stand that time either.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â