Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wouldn't having measured it on Google maps.

Its tight but probably not worth the hassle, and you'd have to have additional offsite parking.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The club have stated categorically on numerous occasions they plan on adding 3000 seats to Villa park but some don’t believe that. 

That's fine mate. And we should. But if that's all we do in the next 2 years we aren't going to be competing with all these clubs who are bringing in massive revenues 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Seeing as people seem to have forgotten this happened, and I’ve posted it before, here is what the club said. 

These are from the official notes from the FAB on 20th December 2023 which the club has published on its website here

I think @OutByEaster? will be able to link to the FAB meeting minutes where they also said they had no intention to expand Villa Park at all, which @OutByEaster? kept repeating till they announced the stand development which they announced and then completely changed their minds about a few months later.   Their previous statements on the stadium are unreliable.   Was Heck in charge of the shooting match when those statements were made?  There's a new sheriff in town now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Yes allani, that was a poor choice  of wording by me. I was trying to argue they may well be considering a new stadium despite the denials because it would not be the first time the plan changed!

No worries.  I agree with the above.  I just think NSWE are ever so slightly better than the Conservative government and so less likely to be running round in circles making u-turn after u-turn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Honestly this thread is mental 😂😂

I feel like the mad conspiracy guy trying to convince everyone of some weird far out theory. 

When in fact it’s the most logical scenario and something that is backed up by a statement from the club.

trump-you-are-fake-news.gif?fit=480,291&

• Haha 1

I just think it's crazy that 8 years ago, people in here were discussing the possibility of demolishing the North Stand/creating an all-year round entertainment complex. Now it's 2024 and people are discussing the possibility of demolishing the North Stand/creating an all-year round entertainment complex. In 8 years time, what will we be discussing? If it's about the possibility of demolishing the North Stand/creating an all-year round entertainment complex then I think we'll go crazy

This thread is fun tonight.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Have they?

As much as they aren’t leaving Villa park yes … Phase two of the original proposals saw capacity increase to 53’000. Heck has said we’re looking at reconfiguring the bowl to increase capacity… 

Edited by thabucks

There's an informal meeting scheduled for next week with the FAB - shall we ask?

Go even further. Can you print off all 363 pages of this thread and go through it with Heck, one page at a time? Then you can beg him to tell us about Villa Park's long-term future. It might convince him.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Honestly this thread is mental 😂😂

I feel like the mad conspiracy guy trying to convince everyone of some weird far out theory. 

When in fact it’s the most logical scenario and something that is backed up by a statement from the club.

To be honest, you're not really saying anything much. You're just quoting minutes from a meeting we've all read, and claiming its a club statement, which it isn't. And you seem to be upset by anybody considering even the slight possibility that we move stadium. You don't think we'll move and you think the club have stated this. We get it. 

There's an informal meeting scheduled for next week with the FAB - shall we ask?

They wouldn’t say yes even if they were thinking about it imo. Not until all avenues were explored and final decision made. I think the better question would be why are we staying at Villa park with its restrictions when building a new stadium next door / in town where they would grow revenues. 

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

With some innovative design, huge ground works and a lot of steel and concrete, we could use the existing site to make a 60000 seater I’m sure (if that’s the figure we’re aiming for). 

I think that's the ideal solution - it means we don't lose any revenue by closing stands, we can make better decisions without being constrained by what is already there and we remain in Aston.  I'd also like to see us use a lot of bricks as well - so that the beauty / history of (parts of) VP are not completely cast to one side. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

You're just quoting minutes from a meeting we've all read, and claiming its a club statement, which it isn't

In fairness, they are written and published by the club. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd certainly like it to be asked about the new directors with their particular skills and experience, why they specifically have been brought in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, they are written and published by the club. 

I know, but they're not a club statement. That's a different category all together. Even then, things can change.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'd certainly like it to be asked about the new directors with their particular skills and experience, why they specifically have been brought in.

We'l get a thread up once the meeting has been confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, allani said:

I think that's the ideal solution - it means we don't lose any revenue by closing stands, we can make better decisions without being constrained by what is already there and we remain in Aston.  I'd also like to see us use a lot of bricks as well - so that the beauty / history of (parts of) VP are not completely cast to one side. 

Yeah red facing brick could play a part, unless we go for a super modern look with modern materials. Modern materials can look great, and traditional materials looks great, but modern design doing a poor pastiche of old design with a clumsy mix of new and old is rarely good imo.
(There are some lovely exceptions to the rule though of course)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How would categorise a club statement?

An official press release considered by the board and approved.

Â