Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

It’s crazy when you think about it that it costs £100 million to add 7,408 seats to the stadium.

Does the £100m include the cost of Villa Live and any other redevelopments too or is it just the North Stand?

Edited by Brumstopdogs

18 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

It does. I think when you break the numbers down £100m will probably be paid back within 6/7 seasons.

Maybe sooner, we'll likely have another ticket price rise in the next couple of years, or regular smaller increases so we don't ever need the big jump again. And certainly there will be higher food and drink prices and corporate packages will rise. 

And who knows what income Villa Live will earn.  Concerts, away days packages, community hires, dinners, weddings, conferences, exhibitions, Christmas parties.  That could be the real diamond here. 

Edited by sidcow

I don't think the value is necessarily in selling the seats in the stadium, it's in making us look like a big club with a big stadium that impresses an exec in Delaware or Singapore that's looking for somewhere to land his corporate sponsorship pound.

• Like 1

The cost to them is irrelevant. Its a relative drop in the ocean for their total wealth.

The costs (as of 2019? I don't think they've changed...yet) don't get taken into account for FFP losses.

The income it generates does get taken into account for FFP gains. The greater FFP flexibility allows us greater prospects.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Have we seen these?:

image.jpeg

screenshot-2022-09-05-at-20-39-53-png.3777594.jpeg

New to me, so thanks.

Design taste is subjective and they'll be some who think it's not modern enough, whilst some think, for example, the use of clear polycarbonate isn't traditional enough, but surely the vast majority of Villa fans will be pleased with the proposals?

It's got plenty of detailed brickwork - tick.

It's making good use of natural light for daytime matches and the 'leaking' artificial light will look great at night games - another tick.

• Like 1

Remember a while back someone posted some old photos of the proposed Lerner era North Stand development? I think that plan was to be a more of a wrap around than a stand alone stand. I think he overall capacity was broadly the same as just a bit over 50,000.

In terms of revenue this will surely bring in other non Villa events such as more concerts, and  perhaps even an occasional England international. We were due one versus Romania but covid stopped that. You never know the FA may one day bring back semi finals to Villa Park if they do sell off Wembley.

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Have we seen these?:

image.jpeg

screenshot-2022-09-05-at-20-39-53-png.3777594.jpeg

Yep. If people are wanting to know what to look at from the 60 or so documents listed in the planning application then those design and access plan docs are by far the most useful. About 170 pages in total of slides like this covering the whole project.

• Like 2

Â