Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

Might have written this before - I was on the stadium tour in December and the guide said the plans were to add 2,500 seats. He then joked "no clue where they will fit them in".  

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Might have written this before - I was on the stadium tour in December and the guide said the plans were to add 2,500 seats. He then joked "no clue where they will fit them in".  

Join the club. Either narrower seats (doubt it), less gangways (safety certificate?)  building up ( not sure how) or lowering the pitch for a few more rows like Ibrox (expensive per seat and can't see  this being done by our pre season home game). Even with this reduced target that is still about a 5% uplift in capacity.

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Join the club. Either narrower seats (doubt it), less gangways (safety certificate?)  building up ( not sure how) or lowering the pitch for a few more rows like Ibrox (expensive per seat and can't see  this being done by our pre season home game). Even with this reduced target that is still about a 5% uplift in capacity.

Rail seating increases capacity

1 minute ago, DaoDeMings said:

Rail seating increases capacity

I believe this has been debunked, but it does make smaller seats palatable as the presumption is that supporters will be standing most of the match. 

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

It doesn't. It is the same ratio as a seat.

Oh, fair enough. From everything I've read I got the impression that rail seating is a more efficient use of space and can increase capacity

On 15/05/2024 at 21:43, sidcow said:

I could totally see these were just ordinary fans who wanted somewhere a bit nicer to be pre match and half time in more comfortable surroundings, casual dining and drinking. And they're prepared to pay a bit more for it. 

It's never going to completely displace every day fans because there just aren't enough of those people around to fill all the lounges.  But there are plenty.

I honestly do think it's a missed gap in the market and good luck to them.

With our increased profile, there is definitely an opportunity in Birmingham. It's a quick and cheapish way to increase our revenue per match; especially with the Champions League this season where hospitality will definitely sell out.

My Brother in Law works in a London law firm. If Fulham are playing midweek, management go to a game (some don't even like football), indulge in hospitality, write it off. Fulham making an easy £3/400 per person for a random midweek game against Bournemouth. 

27 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I believe this has been debunked, but it does make smaller seats palatable as the presumption is that supporters will be standing most of the match. 

What would be the point of smaller seats if you don't get to put more in? 

49 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Smaller seats will be ok as won't be able to afford to eat after the increases, so arses will be smaller

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Looks like half the top their of north stand seats are gone to be replaced.

Gonna say seen this pic on Twitter, half the top tier looks gone 

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Surprised we haven't flogged the seats

The lady who does the tours - Diane I think her name is - I follow on Twitter and a few people have mentioned this as they wanted to buy their seat. She responded by saying they’re being donated to charities somewhere. 

• Like 1

Â