Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Compare the seating area in this new stand to the seating in the Lower Holte. 

It's enormous.

image.png

It looks like the most amount of seats possible without making it expand beyond the Trinity and Witton stands, while keeping the Holte ‘stand-alone’ within the current space we have.

I wonder if there’s some aspect that has been designed to add more in the future? I’d assume the next big thing they could do is buy out the houses on Witton Lane and expand over it.

Edited by a m ole

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Compare the seating area in this new stand to the seating in the Lower Holte. 

It's enormous.

image.png

Hold on, hold on, arghhh too late, pass the tissues 

• Like 1

Phase 2 is described as "configuration of the stands, including Doug Ellis and Holte End to increase the overall capacity to 52,000 -53,000".

That's interesting - I'm never sure on anything marked as phase 2 but how would you squeeze another couple of thousand into the existing Holte and Ellis?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Phase 2 is described as "configuration of the stands, including Doug Ellis and Holte End to increase the overall capacity to 52,000 -53,000.

That's interesting - I'm never sure on anything marked as phase 2 but how would you squeeze another couple of thousand into the existing Holte and Ellis?

I wonder if it’s relating to the big metal doors in the corner? Would they just fill that gap in at 1 tier level like the opposite corner between Holte and Trinity?

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I wonder if it’s relating to the big metal doors in the corner? Would they just fill that gap in at 1 tier level like the opposite corner between Holte and Trinity?

I don't think you can because of the weird way that the Holte and Doug Ellis overlap.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The change of angle in the top tier is weird.

image.png

Thats what I thought too but if you look at the sections I think the pitch of the seats stays the same, that on the elevation looks to be some sort of wall that changes pitch for whatever reason 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â