Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

16 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think this is quite important and right. Both internally and externally, it would be good to make Villa Park one complete Stadium, with all four stands looking similar.

Retain the red brick effect on all four sides with some mosaic and glass etc. 

Exactly mate, I know people on here have used the Lucas oil stadium as an example, something similar but, with four "individual" stands, modern facilities inside. Very intriguing and exciting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Exactly mate, I know people on here have used the Lucas oil stadium as an example, something similar but, with four "individual" stands, modern facilities inside. Very intriguing and exciting. 

I love some of the stadiums in America. However they have lots of land to play with. The Lucas Oil Stadium picked up and dropped at Villa Park 😍

I have found that their sports teams are also part of the city and quite important to the city (correct me if I’m wrong Americans ) whereas in England we aren’t as important in the local council’s list of  priorities. 

I love the AT & T stadium too it’s so oddly fascinating. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

If you ever have one, resist the temptation to see how strong magnet is on the magnetic plate at the bottom.  It ends exactly how you might expect.

I have been trying to think where I've had one or two or three of these, and it's just come into my mind. It was after the play-off final at the Hilton Wembley. Did it taste sweet or what? Of course one of us didn't resist the temptation to fiddle around with the plate at the bottom:D:

image.jpeg.3f7c1a935e94281b5f77f913c8a42d11.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m sure we could do something similar to the Lucas Oil stadium or other red brick stadia.

Nice red brick façade, some mosaic and glass for the new North Stand. Lovely.

Then take the red brick down the Trinity and Witton stands to join up with the Holte End: 

AF92C8C0-7AE7-4674-862E-8E229E36DA76.webp.a7f74f70a0b433b7855413c808e16953.webp

025F737D-6EEB-462C-96C5-C936DD331A2C.jpeg.57f59366ec54543c655c62a3edb10b91.jpeg

29BF559D-5659-42F2-B98D-37E04929C29B.jpeg.41d725f821fa302645c56aa4b21b01c3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I’m sure we could do something similar to the Lucas Oil stadium or other red brick stadia.

Nice red brick façade, some mosaic and glass for the new North Stand. Lovely.

Then take the red brick down the Trinity and Witton stands to join up with the Holte End: 

AF92C8C0-7AE7-4674-862E-8E229E36DA76.webp.a7f74f70a0b433b7855413c808e16953.webp

025F737D-6EEB-462C-96C5-C936DD331A2C.jpeg.57f59366ec54543c655c62a3edb10b91.jpeg

29BF559D-5659-42F2-B98D-37E04929C29B.jpeg.41d725f821fa302645c56aa4b21b01c3.jpeg

Stop 🛑! The more I see it the more I want us to build something similar including the roof.

Oooooo we can have some sort of slide on the roof and an inflatable swimming pool all around filled with liquid of choice. Genius!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nice to see the bbc reporting on Man U hiring architects to refurbish Old Trafford and no mention of the Villa Park plans. 

Its almost like anywhere between London and the North West doesn't exist.

Probably more that the green and yellow scarves are out again so the club have pleaded with the weasels to print some good news about investment at the club 

Doubt Everton awarding lang orouke the contract for their stadium made national headlines either 

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He mentions the North Stand not reaching the corners as one of the problems so it sounds like a rebuild will wrap around and connect to the other two, which makes sense considering the increase in capacity.  As long as the Holte is separate I don't mind the other 3 being connected together.  I'm intrigued to see how they do it.

I think you are correct. Old plans had A new wrap around stand with A bit more than 15 000 capacity. Total new capacity at Villa Park over 50 000. Trinity Road stand lose some seats with A wrap around stand (1300).

A huge single end stand increase the capacity at VP to 50 000, but the stand itself would hava 13500 seats, none seats lost in the TR stand.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Probably more that the green and yellow scarves are out again so the club have pleaded with the weasels to print some good news about investment at the club 

Doubt Everton awarding lang orouke the contract for their stadium made national headlines either 

Our NATIONAL broadcaster.  🤣

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nice to see the bbc reporting on Man U hiring architects to refurbish Old Trafford and no mention of the Villa Park plans. 

Its almost like anywhere between London and the North West doesn't exist.

Non surprising 

13 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Show me the god damn plans

The plans won't be published until they are finalised, with any changes following the current fans consultation included. Late summer was mentioned.

The first place we're likely to be able to sneak a glimpse of plans is via the planning permission portal - it'll need to go through the BCC planning permission website and everything on there is public - I am relying on the good people of VT to keep a close eye on it.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, maqroll said:

Noticed he said that the three other stands will all be renovated or rebuilt as well! 

A single terrace 20k Holte End please. Years ago when I was a kid, I remember reading a football magazine, can’t remember which one, maybe Shoot. Anyway they did a player’s article every week and one of the questions was, “Which ground do you least like playing at?”  I think it was Steve Coppell who said, Villa Park. His reason was, “because they have this huge end that’s really close to the pitch and it’s terrifying”. A new Holte End should be terrifying to the opposition. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A single terrace 20k Holte End please. Years ago when I was a kid, I remember reading a football magazine, can’t remember which one, maybe Shoot. Anyway they did a player’s article every week and one of the questions was, “Which ground do you least like playing at?”  I think it was Steve Coppell who said, Villa Park. His reason was, “because they have this huge end that’s really close to the pitch and it’s terrifying”. A new Holte End should be terrifying to the opposition. 

Sounds like the Ron Saunders Stand will dwarf the Holte, at least for awhile. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The first place we're likely to be able to sneak a glimpse of plans is via the planning permission portal - it'll need to go through the BCC planning permission website and everything on there is public - I am relying on the good people of VT to keep a close eye on it.

I'm assuming Villa will be aware that the planning application will be publicly visible and therefore wish to lead and benefit from the news, by simultaneously making their own media output.

I'm thinking further VillaTV and YouTube content with 3D visualisation of the new stand and infrastructure on the current North Stand car park.

I'm excited to see the proposal but not expecting anything before August or September, following CP's comments of the application being made around late summer.

• Like 1

Â