Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Interesting he [Purslow] mentioned the Euros, makes sense that Birmingham is represented if we win the bid for 2028. Would be embarrassing to the city if we didn’t have any games. Am I right in thinking we would get help towards the cost of the rebuild if this was the case? It massively bothers me that teams like West Ham and City got free stadiums on the back of Athletic events. In City’s case it was probably the driver for them being taken over and it meant West Ham didn’t have to spend a fortune upgrading the Boleyn Ground. They are also a far more attractive club to buy for potential new owners who don’t have to spend money on building new stadiums.

I agree with all of this, it’s grossly unfair that those clubs have basically been given huge leg ups. However I doubt there will be any financial help for us and to be honest I don’t think there should be. We have very rich owners and no infrastructure costs are included in ffp. 

Your point about the Euros is very important. Not to have a stadium in the second city would be an embarrassment to the city and to the country. It’s here where I think we will be given some help with stuff like planning approval and “joint partnerships” with transport providers etc will pretty much mean that we’ll get our own way, within reason, with any proposals we put forward. 

I’m sure we can present a lot of things as us helping the city and the community. Heroic Aston Villa looking after the city. Meanwhile in Small Heath……

• Like 1

Really positive news. It shows that NWSE are very committed to this project. For so long we have listened to vague statements from numerous owners on this, and then nothing happened.

This is going to be done, and done well. 

'Finance is important, but we should never forget that we are not talking about a mere business. This is the Aston Villa football club, and it deserves nothing short of the best.'

Frederick Rinder

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

The away-game fanzone idea sounds amazing. I would definitely turn up whenever possible to watch the games with other Villa fans in an away style atmosphere. Would they be able to do it for the 3pm games? Obviously that would lead to eating out, having a family evening with the kids doing the other ideas they've included in the survey. 

This sounds so exciting! 

I'm actually surprised this hasn't been thought of, and done before now.

Stage one sounds exciting, new North Stand and club shop etc. Longest survey I've ever completed, although most of the answers were different to what they would have been 10 years ago. 

Minimal disruption, I'd like to get the missus involved in documenting the transformation as she does photography, but she hates football.

Think it will be important to document the transformation, which I'm sure the club will do

Having listen to the interview twice a few thoughts-

Sounds like they want to max out as much corporate space as possible in the new stand and put all other facilities into the new structure replacing Villa Village.

I like its a multi-phased project with the possibility of further expansion later on. I presume that must be the Doug Ellis. I thought that would be a very complex project but these are very ambitious owners.

I wonder how all of this evolved. It was only a few years ago that Purslow basically said we weren't interest in expansion, plus we had some earlier plans to knock down the club shop and academy buildings. I wonder if its due to the massive waiting list, the desire to keep up with other clubs,  or just the owners getting more interested in the whole project. 

It is going to be massive piece of work and I have every confidence this will be done right and not on the cheap like under Doug.

I presume the work is still going ahead with the inner city academy? Aston is going to be a construction area for a few years then.

When does the consultation responses close? I presume it will be a few weeks to get as much comments as possible.

Overall its a massive statement of intent by the owners and good news for the club. Its amazing how far we have progressed. Its only 3 and a bit years ago we were having games with the Upper Trinity closed off.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Noticed he said that the three other stands will all be renovated or rebuilt as well! 

I think the final goal is to have all 4 corners integrated without looking like a soulless bowl. To add 8k by just doing the North Stand could be gorgeous, as it needs to be

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I honestly don’t think the 3pm games would be included, just the normally televised ones. 

Not necessarily even referring to the kickoff times mate.

I mean the idea of a fanzone at VP, where fans who can't travel for one reason or another, can go and enjoy the games with other fans, and a bit of Villa atmosphere.

Also a way for the club to generate more income as well of course.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Noticed he said that the three other stands will all be renovated or rebuilt as well! 

Old Trafford is falling apart. It’s inevitable that we will have to keep updating periodically to make sure our stadium doesn’t end up like that mess. 

If only those two roads either side weren’t there we’d have the perfect grounds for our stadium.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

If only those two roads either side weren’t there we’d have the perfect grounds for our stadium.

I think this is where the “partnerships” with other agencies, such as the local council and transport companies could be importamt as far as permissions are concerned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Hopefully we get all the stands looking like one stadium, renovate trinity road to look how it used to not the eyesore it is now, new north stand similar look to the Holte then sort Doug Ellis the same. 

I think this is quite important and right. Both internally and externally, it would be good to make Villa Park one complete Stadium, with all four stands looking similar.

Retain the red brick effect on all four sides with some mosaic and glass etc. 

• Like 2

Â