Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

25 minutes ago, VBM said:

So new stand will hold 20k? Given it is a 13k increase on current capacity. 

That is going to be an absolute monster 

Isnt the 13k increase over two phases? So an approx 8k increase on the north stand and then another increase on another stand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Isnt the 13k increase over two phases? So an approx 8k increase on the north stand and then another increase on another stand?

That would make more sense  - 20k is what the new main stand at Anfield sits and that is a side stand not behind the goal. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I know allegedly we have 20k st holders but i think we will struggle to sell out over 55k 

Last thing i wanna see is empty seats. You will imagine thwre will be price increases too, to fund the stadium.  Not everyone will be able to afford it

I don't think they will raise prices significantly, the owners have funded everything so far so I have no reason to believe that this will be any different.

As far as I am concerned when it comes to funding they are the perfect owners.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I know allegedly we have 20k st holders but i think we will struggle to sell out over 55k 

Last thing i wanna see is empty seats. You will imagine thwre will be price increases too, to fund the stadium.  Not everyone will be able to afford it

Increase in corporate facilities and non match day use would cover the cost 

They'll always point to more bums on seats as the main reason but theres a lot of ways to make more money with better facilities 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm guessing that they wont commit to the next phase, to take it from 50k to 55k, until they see where the team is and what attendances are like. 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I'm guessing that they wont commit to the next phase, to take it from 50k to 55k, until they see where the team is and what attendances are like. 

It would be the most tentative way to do it.

If I were the owner and I knew what I was doing for the coming years, I would be confident in expanding quicker.

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The main thing is hospitality, that's where you really make money. More fancy boxes for sponsor's etc. in the North stand will increase revenue and support a higher wage bill.   

• Like 1

be great to see the drawings when they come out.

I think the new 'North Stand' will be something like Newcastle's St James'.....three tier linked with Trinity Road.....corporate boxes in the middle.....and stick the away fans up in the top corner.

We are very away fan friendly......Its the first thing you see when you walk out the tunnel....psychological thing. ..most away fans are either up in the gods or the furthest away when you walk out.....get the villa fans in each lower tier.....create a more intimidating atmosphere 

Edited by Bazmonkey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I think the new 'North Stand' will be something like Newcastle's St James'.....three tier linked with Trinity Road.....corporate boxes in the middle.....and stick the away fans up in the top corner.

We are very away fan friendly......Its the first thing you see when you walk out the tunnel....psychological thing. ..most away fans are either up in the gods or the furthest away when you walk out.....get the villa fans in each lower tier.....create a more intimidating atmosphere 

I'd like to see a Tottenham style full supporter stand, with corporate facilities in the corner.

I don't know if sticking the corporate in the corner is feasible, but I assume it can be done well. 

56 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I dont think we're away friendly, we're probably somewhere in the middle in that respect.

We use to be years ago when we gave the away team the lower north and the lower doug ellis away section. That was rediculous. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Are we getting the rollercoaster 🎢 damnit?!?!?! 

I think a couple of roundabouts is the best we can hope for. 

• Haha 1

On 08/04/2022 at 10:06, villa89 said:

The main thing is hospitality, that's where you really make money. More fancy boxes for sponsor's etc. in the North stand will increase revenue and support a higher wage bill.   

Which suggests maybe that they shouldn't massively hike up the ticket prices for us plebs in the seats.

On 08/04/2022 at 10:06, villa89 said:

Boxes are rarely installed in modern stadia today. Corporate areas tend to be prime seating areas with a designated lounge, bar, area inside the stand. It’s more cost effective. I sit front upper tier witton lane stand. We have pretty much the same view on the opposite side as the board do. The only reason they don’t hammer us price wise, is the stand is too shallow to put in a swanky lounge at the back of us. I’m happy with that, prefer the pub anyway.

• Like 1

Nice little piece on the 125th anniversary of the first game at Villa Park on the website.  In finished with again saying plans are in the place for a new North Stand which is fairly clear and unambiguous. All of the modern photos are of the Holte End, so many a little teaser that the new stand will have the traditional brick finish?

47 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nice little piece on the 125th anniversary of the first game at Villa Park on the website.  In finished with again saying plans are in the place for a new North Stand which is fairly clear and unambiguous. All of the modern photos are of the Holte End, so many a little teaser that the new stand will have the traditional brick finish?

Mr Purslow described it as "simpatico" so I'm hopeful of brick. It's definitely happening, the club have hired a PR agency to work through the process and I think will be sending out surveys around it in the next couple of months (although I've no idea what they'll be about). If there are drawings and renders, then they're very much under lock and key for now, but the club are definitely talking big.

• Like 1

Â