Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mr Purslow described it as "simpatico" so I'm hopeful of brick. It's definitely happening, the club have hired a PR agency to work through the process and I think will be sending out surveys around it in the next couple of months (although I've no idea what they'll be about). If there are drawings and renders, then they're very much under lock and key for now, but the club are definitely talking big.

Interested what the infrastructure will be behind the actual seats. I assume a museum/megastore built into the back a la Wolves is pretty much certain and perhaps also underground car park like you get at the London grounds given car park spaces will be lost. It's certainly possible given design of current North stand means you have to walk up the ramps to access the turnstiles. 

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interested what the infrastructure will be behind the actual seats. I assume a museum/megastore built into the back a la Wolves is pretty much certain and perhaps also underground car park like you get at the London grounds given car park spaces will be lost. It's certainly possible given design of current North stand means you have to walk up the ramps to access the turnstiles. 

I think the museum will be in the fan zone/box park thing.

In the MyOldMan newsletter which is a great read and recommend people sign up to. It has a few more snippets about the overall plans… I won’t do him the disservice and paraphrase completely. He says that it’s been discussed previously renaming the new north stand after Ron Saunders which would be very fitting indeed! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's 125 years since we moved to Villa Park this weekend.  Perhaps a good time to show us the future too?

Anyway you slice it, it's really exciting. Can't wait to see it progress.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mr Purslow described it as "simpatico" so I'm hopeful of brick. It's definitely happening, the club have hired a PR agency to work through the process and I think will be sending out surveys around it in the next couple of months (although I've no idea what they'll be about). If there are drawings and renders, then they're very much under lock and key for now, but the club are definitely talking big.

Do you think they will ever look to improve the Trinity aesthetically?

It's a wound that just won't heal for me!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Do you think they will ever look to improve the Trinity aesthetically?

It's a wound that just won't heal for me!

Lerner tried to make it a bit better by removing the horrible plastic club badge and improved the internal corporate areas but its still essentially  a lego blob  on stilts.

General Krulak did once say there were things they could do to make it more attractive, I think his exact words were that you would be surprised what could be done. 

But they obviously lost interest after that 

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

General Krulak did once say there were things they could do to make it more attractive, I think his exact words were that you would be surprised what could be done. 

But they obviously lost interest after that 

i think they can from looking at it but im 100% sure, the whole thing looks light weight construction, cladding panels, even the brick work could be brick slips, so depending on what it is that people dont like they could change various elements, different windows, different bricks, more bricks etc, for me they should change the cladded panels inset in to brick for glass even if its one way glass that serves no purpose in terms of light, all the cladding around the lower part should be changed to brick slips

See the source image

the cladding looks so cheap it ruins everything else, all of it around the bottom needs to go, its back end of a car show room stuff

See the source image

the top i think they'll get away with once everything else looks better, they could even look at wraps same as the north stand, it wouldnt be perfect but it'd be better than that shit

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I couldn't give a shit so long as we get the facility to fill a pint of beer from the bottom of the glass. ! 

I just don't think the science is there to enable this.

Â