Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He did. Should be next month!

From memory, Christian Purslow said the club would be making a planning application ‘next month’ during his interview released on 27th November, so I took that as we’d hear the plans sometime in December.

The plans would normally have to be made public as part of the permissions process. This is so locals can analyse them and if they feel that way inclined can issue any objections formally to the  council. 

Going by how morally destitute most city council members are (most are more interested in brown nosing and schmoozing in order to climb the social ladder), and how savvy and skillful a brown noser Purslow is, they should get pasted, but it may take time.

BTW I know someone that ran a prominent local charity and had many dealings with local council members and so I am not randomly speculating.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Going by how morally destitute most city council members are (most are more interested in brown nosing and schmoozing in order to climb the social ladder), and how savvy and skillful a brown noser Purslow is, they should get pasted, but it may take time.

BTW I know someone that ran a prominent local charity and had many dealings with local council members and so I am not randomly speculating.

I don’t think we needed any insider knowledge to confirm your assertion of the moral bankruptcy of the vast majority of local councillors. Having moved away from Birmingham I can confirm it’s not just a Midlands thing. You can add incompetence to the list of charges too along with plenty of others best left to the imagination. But hey it’s easier to work with the system than fight it. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Creeper said:

Know nothing has been announced yet, but I was on a stadium tour earlier today and the tour guide said they've had planning permission to knock down and rebuild the north stand to raise the capacity to 52k. I'd imagine that the club will announce something fairly soon, especially since staff are telling people...

He also mentioned that we're going to have a bigger car park, a museum, a superstore and a hotel. I'm starting to think that my tour guide was Tony Xia in a mask. I should've asked about the theme park!

The planning permission portal is open to the public... 

Edit - I had a look, no they haven't 

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, Creeper said:

Know nothing has been announced yet, but I was on a stadium tour earlier today and the tour guide said they've had planning permission to knock down and rebuild the north stand to raise the capacity to 52k. I'd imagine that the club will announce something fairly soon, especially since staff are telling people...

He also mentioned that we're going to have a bigger car park, a museum, a superstore and a hotel. I'm starting to think that my tour guide was Tony Xia in a mask. I should've asked about the theme park!

It is not in the right location to have a hotel. Too far out of town and very little facilities nearby for a guest apart from low priced unhealthy food.

4 hours ago, Creeper said:

They told me exactly the same thing when I did a stadium tour... in 2006.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is not in the right location to have a hotel. Too far out of town and very little facilities nearby for a guest apart from low priced unhealthy food.

It's a perfect place for a hotel if you want to have major music events, European football, hospitality, transportation to city centre, etc. It's a smart long term investment.

I doubt many people from north London sleep in Wembley hotels.

• Like 1

Â