Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

5 hours ago, Risso said:

I know lots of people have commented that the trains are leaving Aston half empty recently Pete, while the queues outside the station are still horrendous.

Its happened at least a couple of time when I have been there is they ask you to run up the stairs (health and safety anyone?) to get the train which is about to leave- and the train goes past you which looks half empty.

Yeah i always used to get the train from Aston to Chester Road and if i missed the first one at 5.10pm ish, i;d always be on the next one. That was with me staying to the end of the match, singing whichever anthem we had at that time. This season has been horrendous. You can wait an hour to get the train. I park at star city now and walk over. I'd rather sit in my heated car in a bit of traffic then queue for that long outside now. Absolute joke its turned into 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wow 90 minutes, do you park right by the ground in Witton?!

Actually part of matchday experience is the walk up to the ground and the crowds building as you get nearer to VP. Don't go with my Dad anymore due to his health but we used to park on the Holford industrial estate so 15 minute walk and then pretty quickly could get back to Sutton.

Depends where you're going but if you're coming from other side of Brum/south then Aston Uni is probably o.k place to park if you can cope with 25 minute walk. Star City for east/North Brum and beyond.

I've tried a few places, opp Aston Tavern and another one over the other side and both take ridiculous amount of time to get out. I refuse to leave a match early to beat the crowds.

I tend to try and park closer cos I'm normally on my own and evening games I struggle to make kick off usually so try and park closer. 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Club makes more revenue, phased release of spectators will facilitate road congestion and public transport egress. 

Everyone's a winner. 

That's the truth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've tried a few places, opp Aston Tavern and another one over the other side and both take ridiculous amount of time to get out. I refuse to leave a match early to beat the crowds.

I tend to try and park closer cos I'm normally on my own and evening games I struggle to make kick off usually so try and park closer. 

Fair enough. On night games I walk past the Aston Tavern and nightmare for anyone trying to get out with all the crowds walking on the road and then you hit the bottleneck of traffic by Spaghetti Jt.

So many games when we've had a bad result or conceded late and you just want to get away from VP as quickly as possible, can't imagine being stuck in area for 90 mins after the recent Wolves game for example!

• Like 1

With modern technology they’ll be an app which could link together Villa club members to ride share to reduce journeys and connect fans. 

Prioritised Mass Shuttle-buses to star City… 

A Pre/After match fan park with quality craft food and drink stands would help take pressure off the need to refuel @ HT and also with crowd arrival and departure.

And an expanded retail & experience space to keep people for longer, spend more and attracr more people on non match days… 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kingman said:

I believe spurs reopen the concourse after the game for couple of hours. 

We should do that, watch the 5.30pm game on the screens, few beers and bite to eat., Club makes more revenue, phased release of spectators will facilitate road congestion and public transport egress. 

Everyone's a winner. 

We had a stint of grabbing a pint in the Holte pub after the game but they made it hard to get in for some reason. Lerner years. 

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We had a stint of grabbing a pint in the Holte pub after the game but they made it hard to get in for some reason. Lerner years. 

Didn't realise the Holte hotel had opened back up again till I walked past last week 

Is it still season tickets only? 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lions Club members only. Absolutely shockingly poor use of a valuable resource. 

Nah its not that good anyway

From my experience it's poorly managed, temp staff who are only slightly better than the ones inside the stadium on the concourses, beer isn't great and they sell out of a lot of stuff

Its the people only visit there once every Saturday thing that kills the place not who they let in 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well we have taken a very higgledy-piggledy approach to Villa Park down the years so an actual proper staged plan over what we would like to do in the next decade or so would be a start.

Agreed FunFactory. 

So many missed opportunities over the years (mainly the Ellis era). The failure to buy up Witton Lane when it was derelict and would have cost little has now hemmed us in. The constant butting of heads with the council was another factor.

The redevelopment of the North Stand should give us the opportunity to draw many of the strands together. It should get us close to the realistic 50K capacity required, add more corporate facilities, improve facilities for supporters before, during and after the game. Something akin to a mirror of the Holte end across the full width should do it nicely. The overdue updating of the Witton Lane can be staged in smaller projects.

UTV

Edited by Lochheads twin
typo
  • Like 1

Its not the only reason why United are why the biggest team in the country but they have had at least 2 proper logical plans in redeveloping Old Trafford down the years. The first being from the mid 60s to the 90s, and then the later expansions up to the Glazers bought the club and have let  OT rot.

On 06/12/2021 at 23:38, Kingman said:

Any improvements with the trains on Sunday after the game? 

No, was awful. People were queuing all the way down to near Waterworks street. Then having to step onto the busy road to join the queue, dodging traffic doing U-Turns because police blocked the road going the other way. 

Really don't understand why they don't "stack" 5/6 trains for a 15-20 minute period and have a few dozen coaches heading to new street and Star City. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

No, was awful. People were queuing all the way down to near Waterworks street. Then having to step onto the busy road to join the queue, dodging traffic doing U-Turns because police blocked the road going the other way. 

Really don't understand why they don't "stack" 5/6 trains for a 15-20 minute period and have a few dozen coaches heading to new street and Star City. 

We should all bombard the below... 

Shabana has written to the West Midlands Mayor regarding her concerns with public transport provision at Aston Villa matches. Widely-shared video footage of a recent match at Villa Park showed large queues at Aston and Witton stations, with reports of people waiting in the cold for hours. Fans have highlighted that West Midlands Railway has outsourced its management of the queues on match-days.

In her letter to Andy Street, the strategic lead for transport in the region, Shabana asks the Mayor to ensure the safety of Villa fans as they make their way to and from matches. Shabana has also asked the Mayor to outline what further engagement his office will have with West Midlands Railway and Villa Park regarding increased capacity at the stadium.

You can read the letter in full below.

https://www.shabanamahmood.org/2021/11/24/shabana-writes-to-west-midlands-mayor-on-villa-park-transport-provision/

• Like 2

Â