Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think they can from looking at it but im 100% sure, the whole thing looks light weight construction, cladding panels, even the brick work could be brick slips, so depending on what it is that people dont like they could change various elements, different windows, different bricks, more bricks etc, for me they should change the cladded panels inset in to brick for glass even if its one way glass that serves no purpose in terms of light, all the cladding around the lower part should be changed to brick slips

See the source image

the cladding looks so cheap it ruins everything else, all of it around the bottom needs to go, its back end of a car show room stuff

See the source image

the top i think they'll get away with once everything else looks better, they could even look at wraps same as the north stand, it wouldnt be perfect but it'd be better than that shit

I feel enraged remembering how Doug Ellis and his stadium manager Tony Diffley used to tell us how "magnificent" it was.

As a lawyer, I am used to people being creative with definitions but seriously!

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

As long as it stays as the 4 distinct stands with the Holte as it is then I’m not fussed. I hate arena style stadiums. Soulless and boring. 

He mentions the North Stand not reaching the corners as one of the problems so it sounds like a rebuild will wrap around and connect to the other two, which makes sense considering the increase in capacity.  As long as the Holte is separate I don't mind the other 3 being connected together.  I'm intrigued to see how they do it.

• Like 1

Â