Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Not as exciting as everyone thinks. If you look back at the transfers back in July, it confirms that 30,000,000 ordinary shares are held by NSWE; 24,545,454 ordinary shares by Recon Group Limited and 49,133,436 deferred shares owned by Recon Group Limited. This share purchase is for the deferred shares only. When taking out the deferred shares, NSWE have a 55% share; whilst Recon Group Limited has a 45% share (that is of 54,545,454 total shares). This would suggest to me that this transfer is simply consequential to the takeover generally rather than Tony being quietly bought out after the takeover. 

You can look at it via the Companies House Records of Recon Group UK Limited. Also given he is still referred to as Co-Chairman on "Who's who" I would suggest this means nothing has changed from the summer.

The tweet from Tony remains as enigmatic as all his others though... perhaps something has happened but we won't know about it for a couple of weeks when it arrives at Companies House. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know most people hate him but I'd still like to thank him for his efforts. Went belly up in the end obviously but I don't think his intentions were initially in the wrong place. ALSO, in some roundabout way his failure paved the way for potential rebirth!

Quoted my own Facebook post.

Agreed.

I wonder what the plans were for the redevelopment of Villa Park. Or if there even were any.

I know, anything about his tenure in charge can be dismissed as rubbish. Fair enough.

But there was a lot of noise about how grand the plans looked, a lot of it  from others figures within the club. They could all have been sold a lie, or were just toeing the official line I guess. 

Pretty sure someone posted proposals for the training ground on here, so the intention was seemingly there even if it was all speculative. 

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know most people hate him but I'd still like to thank him for his efforts. Went belly up in the end obviously but I don't think his intentions were initially in the wrong place. ALSO, in some roundabout way his failure paved the way for potential rebirth!

Quoted my own Facebook post.

That Is spot on. Xia did try his best, spent  an absoloute fortune trying to get us back where we were, yet it was not to be and some bad errors along the way nearly cost us the world. Do I hate Tony like it sounds some on here do, no I do not, he tried his best and it failed and anyone of us could of made that same mistake. None of us were saying anything but praise while he were throwing money at the situation, trying to bring in the best he could at the time, it nearly worked too. It was a shame it didn't work taking us back to the premier league, yet in a way maybe what happened was for the best with the new owners coming in, we are more financially secure now than what we would of been under Xia. All we would of had to spend under Xia would of been that promotion money, not alot really considering the kind of capital you need to be a top 10 team in the premier league, under Xia's rule we mite of been dumped out of the premier league as fast as we got it.

At least this way we have financial backing chance of restructure, to do things rite and get back up with owners who can spend whatever they damn well please once they have us in the premier league.

We will get there eventually, just will be a crazy story to tell in how we do it in the end, because there always seems to be drama and crazyness going on at villa's front door (but we wouldn't have it any different would we).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Not as exciting as everyone thinks. If you look back at the transfers back in July, it confirms that 30,000,000 ordinary shares are held by NSWE; 24,545,454 ordinary shares by Recon Group Limited and 49,133,436 deferred shares owned by Recon Group Limited. This share purchase is for the deferred shares only. When taking out the deferred shares, NSWE have a 55% share; whilst Recon Group Limited has a 45% share (that is of 54,545,454 total shares). This would suggest to me that this transfer is simply consequential to the takeover generally rather than Tony being quietly bought out after the takeover. 

You can look at it via the Companies House Records of Recon Group UK Limited. Also given he is still referred to as Co-Chairman on "Who's who" I would suggest this means nothing has changed from the summer.

The tweet from Tony remains as enigmatic as all his others though... perhaps something has happened but we won't know about it for a couple of weeks when it arrives at Companies House. 

True but it’s a start. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but it’s a start. 

I genuinely don’t think the position is any different than it was in the summer. He still has a significant minority holding, this was shares that were in essence issued in around May that have been bought back by the club for minimal finances and swallowed up, leaving it in a position we were all aware of at the time of the takeover; i.e. NSWE having majority but Xia still significantly involved. From his perspective he will likely be around until he can make his money back and that won’t be until we are promoted so I imagine we will still hear from him until then. 

With the sentiments towards him, he seemed to have good intentions, in hindsight he was wholly naive about it all.

From what I can work out... There were 73m ordinary shares. 49m were converted to deferred shares, leaving 24m ordinary ones plus the 49m deferred. Then there was an additional 30m ordinary shares created (presumably additional capital investment from the new owners) leaving 54m ordinary and 49m deferred. The deferred shares have now been brought back by the business leaving 54m ordinary shares only. 

So the short answer is ????‍⚕️?? -??+?=???

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Possibly one for the FFP thread, but if he has gone, what does this mean regarding the Recon sponsorship deal with Bodymoor Heath? Does it just quietly get renamed back to BMH or is it a chance for further revenues to come in?

We didn't sign that player on deadline day so there should still be enough money in the FFP formula to return Recon their £107 sponsorship fee surely? 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, I will never forgive him. This magnificent institution lasted 144 years through good years and bad years but whatever dark days there have been through that 144 years no one ever took this club to the very brink of extinction.  Tony did within just 2 years of his tenure through catastrophic negligence. That he was good intentioned and didn't mean it just doesn't wash. 

He had his eyes open the whole time and deliberately caused the scenario we found ourselves in.  He was like a gambling addict at the table throwing in the deeds to his house on the last hand. 

And "nice" Tony also bare faced lied to the fans by saying they had planned for failing to get promoted and also insulted in a quite vile manner those who called him out who had actually rumbled him for what he was. 

I will never look on him fondly and cannot understand any sentiment for the man who deliberately took reckless action which nearly destroyed this club. 

But he did post some lovely tweets ! 

Â