Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I’m struggling to see in a world of digital currency like Bitcoin that an intelligent man like Dr Xia can’t find a way to get money out of China. I’m starting to side with people who said he was in this for a short term punt at getting us back to the Premier League. He put the whole house on it and failed and now won’t, or can’t put any more £££ in.

I just hope this can be resolved without any risk to VP or the training ground and that any potential new owner doesn’t use us for an asset stripping excercise (if Wyness/Xia hasn’t already started that process themselves). 

Edited by Fight Like Lions
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

I just hope this can be resolved without any risk to VP or the training ground and that any potential new owner doesn’t use us for an asset stripping excercise (if Wyness/Xia hasn’t already started that process themselves). 

I've said it before but if there's one thing you can't accuse Tony of it's asset stripping.

Can we just get someone sensible and realistic for once? PLEASE?!

Can we get a controlled, sensible businessman who will do what is right for the club, and not their own ego and childish **** fantasies. Can we just get someone **** normal?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Can we just get someone sensible and realistic for once? PLEASE?!

Can we get a controlled, sensible businessman who will do what is right for the club, and not their own ego and childish **** fantasies. Can we just get someone **** normal?

Sensible and realistic people don't buy football clubs, generally speaking. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I've said it before but if there's one thing you can't accuse Tony of it's asset stripping.

Give it a few weeks and I think you will see asset stripping on steroids 

Saw in the comment section in today’s Financial Times that Xia has sold his stakes in Recon Group and is basically now a wealthy individual as opposed to acting through a corporation. This explains the difficulties he is having getting money out of China as an individual.

https://www.ft.com/content/df68edc4-68df-11e8-8cf3-0c230fa67aec?desktop=true&segmentId=7c8f09b9-9b61-4fbb-9430-9208a9e233c8#myft:notification:daily-email:content

image.png.4226a96902d5caf7a43462468ae60f58.png

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
Adding picture
  • Like 1

Fit and proper test and Financial Fair Play.  Two of the biggest jokes that have been introduced to football. 

The likes of Man Utd didnt want an Armenian Oil multi billionaire buying a club like villa.  If he did pass the first test(lets face it it doesnt appear to stand to much), he wouldn't be able to spend his money because of the second restraint.

42 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hahaha, what an absolute shit show.

Sometimes you just have to laugh 

How can any successful business man be this incompetent?

Xia ia **** idiot, an absolute **** clown, I'm absolutely fuming about where this club has gone, I knew this guy would be a complete shyster and that is exactly what he has turned out to be. Worse than Lerner.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion Xia doesn't have any money and all those warnings and Fit and Proper investigation at the start should have been heeded. No one knows what he actually does. Supposedly he went to Harvard University but on Twitter he can hardly speak English? He's gambled on getting us to the Premier League so he could sell the club on at a massive profit. If this ends up with the club having to sell the stadium or training ground it will be a disaster.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Xia ia **** idiot, an absolute **** clown, I'm absolutely fuming about where this club has gone, I knew this guy would be a complete shyster and that is exactly what he has turned out to be. Worse than Lerner.

Yet nobody will serve jail time for this

30 minutes ago, villadodo said:

Supposedly he went to Harvard University 

At best, he spent 4 months there on an exchange program. For some reason, his transcript has specifically been protected so people can't see what he did or how long he was there. Remember the stories of him being a Harvard professor? <_<

It's unclear where, if anywhere, he obtained his doctorate. 

Do we know how much of his own money Xia has put in to the club excluding the initial purchase? And on what basis he gave us it. Essentially, are we going to need to pay back loans if he sells us?

Â