Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep, My Mum works at the Library at Birmingham University and she's always going on to me about the incredibly bright Chinese students who study there who can barely string a sentence of English together when they want to take a book out.

Dr is clearly not used to being interviewed in English so let's go easy on that.

He will fit in nicely with most of the English football fraternity who can barely string a sentence of their own language. To be fair you know.

• Like 2

I swear you've got to love the media, when the question was posed to Xia about whether the Chinese government was involved in the takeover, he responded saying no....It's purely business with him and his company etc. CNN Headline now reads : 

Tony Xia: 'Aston Villa deal is pure business

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/25/football/aston-villa-tony-xia-takeover-football/index.html?

:rolleyes:

Not trying to provoke certain fans at all hey?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I noticed in the CNN interview when he was talking he kept referring to 'we' and 'us' in reference to him buying the club. When quizzed by the reporter on it he bumbled about meaning his company. I didn't buy that. 

BULLSHIT! It's the government conspiracy! :ph34r:

It's starting to seem that western media are out to get him. He answers every question yet he is hardly believed or they try again to trip him up to get a quote they can use. Abramovich never had anywhere near this scrutiny and he got his money very dubiously. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

It's starting to seem that western media are out to get him. He answers every question yet he is hardly believed or they try again to trip him up to get a quote they can use. Abramovich never had anywhere near this scrutiny and he got his money very dubiously. 

That's because he never spoke to the media. The more you speak to them they more they will twist thing. 

I feel a bit sorry for him, theres not much more the bloke can do, maybe get someone to do the talking for him as his english isnt great. But tbh its soon to be his club (hopefully) if the dr wants to do interviews himself he has every right too. he seems to be getting interrogated every time he opens his mouth. 

• Like 1

I don't think Big Tone is in this for the fame, judging by his demeanour in front of the camera. I can't help but think that because putting his head above the parapet, and into the limelight, that he's on the level.

I doubt he'd want to go from wealthy but anonymous, to wealthy and notorious. 

I am not qualified to challenge Tony Xia's credentials and I have never been interested in the financial side of the club....I understand you need funds, we all know that but I equally understand that those valuable funds can be squandered....so I have never been one for money in the absence of the ability to spend it.

so far, i have been pleased with the football comments he's made....He seems to be in tune with what the issues are.....impressive, so soon.

I have an open mind.....not getting carried away, but not getting depressed too soon either.

We will all know more after the results of the tests.....fingers crossed, because we need a positive upturn.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I swear you've got to love the media, when the question was posed to Xia about whether the Chinese government was involved in the takeover, he responded saying no....It's purely business with him and his company etc. CNN Headline now reads : 

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/25/football/aston-villa-tony-xia-takeover-football/index.html?

:rolleyes:

Not trying to provoke certain fans at all hey?

Click baiting swines

Well, it is pure business. If anyone genuinely believes he is a massive fan of the club and is doing this for reasons other than business, they need their head checked.

I also don't think there is a massive conspiracy because he is Chinese. There is a culture clash and it is obvious that Xia was used to a lack of scrutiny about his finances, and to be fair to him he didn't pull an Abramovich and retreat into decadence - he clearly sees himself as the new public face of Aston Villa and is doing interviews and engaging with the fans (albeit indirectly) about the takeover. Whether or not he is wise in doing this is neither here nor there.

Bad journalists will regurgitate bad journalism as long as it gets views, regardless of the subject, but most of what I've seen (with the notable exception of the Forbes article) has been reasonable enough in asking whether or not the guy is the real deal. There probably is an element of guilt by (non) association given the record of far-east ownership in the English leagues, and that is unfair. But I don't think the media is out for him because there is a grand conspiracy against Chinese ownership. If anything, the West wants Chinese investment because they both have money and a lot of people! When the news first broke, there were some big inconsistencies and a few eyebrow raising statements (and not in a good way) which was enough for anyone to look twice, which is what journalists are paid to do.

• Like 3

It's all because a takeover and change of plans at VP does not fit in to the English media's obvious position on us that we should be a laughing stock, suffering, awful and bringing the dark days of football back, a team to be looked down upon, to feel disdain for and all this new positivity could threaten a much wanted stranglehold by the more fashionable teams that have the medias affections. I love it.

So petty by them all but the papers/websites etc... all their jealous, bitter and worried tears are so wonderfully salty!

We have always been the unfashionable mongrel through good times and bad to the likes of the bbc et al and that will never change but bollocks to them, we don't need them!

**** em all!!! UTV!!! 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Well, it is pure business. If anyone genuinely believes he is a massive fan of the club and is doing this for reasons other than business, they need their head checked.

gJzw5.png

Not sure if this optimistic page has been posted but it gives the closest hint I've seen at how much he company's worth:

http://www.s-3.ch/en/home/2015/10/27/the-chinese-company-recon-s3-have-signed-a-strategic-cooperation-agreement-to-develop-low-cost-orbit-satellite-delivery

RECON is a global service provider acting in fields of activities like healthy agriculture, intelligent logistics, new energy transportation and smart cities. The financial branch is investing in 6 complete industry platforms, 22 independent brands and more than one hundred independent enterprises. The assets under management surpasses the 100 billions

That's not a banana in my pocket.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Not sure if this optimistic page has been posted but it gives the closest hint I've seen at how much he company's worth:

http://www.s-3.ch/en/home/2015/10/27/the-chinese-company-recon-s3-have-signed-a-strategic-cooperation-agreement-to-develop-low-cost-orbit-satellite-delivery

That's not a banana in my pocket.

It was posted much earlier in the thread, also, he said for example, he had over 80 odd similar corporations, and he recently sold one of them for 430 mill, just to show. 430 mill x 80 for example:D

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â