Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I think he should just stay away from the press now and do is talking with how he runs the club.  The more he gives to the media,  the more questions they will have.  

What you mean like Learner did?? Ok ?! 

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It was posted much earlier in the thread, also, he said for example, he had over 80 odd similar corporations, and he recently sold one of them for 430 mill, just to show. 430 mill x 80 for example:D

I wonder if he meant to say "eighteen" instead of "eighty", but even if it'd be eighteen, it'd be helluva lot of money.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Well, it is pure business. If anyone genuinely believes he is a massive fan of the club and is doing this for reasons other than business, they need their head checked.

I also don't think there is a massive conspiracy because he is Chinese. There is a culture clash and it is obvious that Xia was used to a lack of scrutiny about his finances, and to be fair to him he didn't pull an Abramovich and retreat into decadence - he clearly sees himself as the new public face of Aston Villa and is doing interviews and engaging with the fans (albeit indirectly) about the takeover. Whether or not he is wise in doing this is neither here nor there.

Bad journalists will regurgitate bad journalism as long as it gets views, regardless of the subject, but most of what I've seen (with the notable exception of the Forbes article) has been reasonable enough in asking whether or not the guy is the real deal. There probably is an element of guilt by (non) association given the record of far-east ownership in the English leagues, and that is unfair. But I don't think the media is out for him because there is a grand conspiracy against Chinese ownership. If anything, the West wants Chinese investment because they both have money and a lot of people! When the news first broke, there were some big inconsistencies and a few eyebrow raising statements (and not in a good way) which was enough for anyone to look twice, which is what journalists are paid to do.

He probably saw couple of Jack's videos from AVTV :D

God bless Jack's soul, he is likeabl in his own way but he's not exactly someone I'd have as public face for premier league team.

Well, if the government really are behind it, he is unlikely to admit it is he?

"Yes, I am working at the behest of the people's government"

*next day*

"Anyone seen Tony?

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

• Like 1

Well, if the government really are behind it, he is unlikely to admit it is he?

"Yes, I am working at the behest of the people's government"

*next day*

"Anyone seen Tony?

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

'Villa is pure business' even if that was misquoted I have no problems with that whatever. Villa have not been run like a proper business for at least 10 years, probably more.  If that means proper structures, plans, consistent budgets and a sensible PR management then that is progress surely?

• Like 2

I think he's done very well. He's understood that he's a very private man and his businesses are unknown over here so has made attempts to communicate with the fans, without completely breaking his privacy. Especially with the media questioning his funds and credentials!

I imagine when the takeover completes things will go quieter from him. Not dead like comms from Lerner, but quieter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

Not sure if this optimistic page has been posted but it gives the closest hint I've seen at how much he company's worth:

http://www.s-3.ch/en/home/2015/10/27/the-chinese-company-recon-s3-have-signed-a-strategic-cooperation-agreement-to-develop-low-cost-orbit-satellite-delivery

That's not a banana in my pocket.

Good investigative work there Sam - another definite tick in the legit and loaded column.

2 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

Not sure if this optimistic page has been posted but it gives the closest hint I've seen at how much he company's worth:

http://www.s-3.ch/en/home/2015/10/27/the-chinese-company-recon-s3-have-signed-a-strategic-cooperation-agreement-to-develop-low-cost-orbit-satellite-delivery

That's not a banana in my pocket.

Ahha, I think I found where all information that has been questioned in the last week came from.

There is a link in the webpage (S3) to Recon Chinese website.

http://www.reconig.com/htm/11.htm 

The last paragraph, first few sentences:

关于联合睿康集团(RECON):是一家业务遍布全球的智慧经济产业及资本运营集团,集团旗下包括智慧城市、智能制造和装备、健康农业、智慧物流及新能源交通、智慧旅游及金融投资6大完整产业平台,22个独立品牌及百余家独立运营企业。通过控股中国A股及海外五家上市公司及参股十余家产业生态链相关上市公司,资产规模超过1000亿,业务覆盖中国500个城市和1/3以上的城市人口.....

Let me try my best to translate accurately:

About RECON: it is a capital-running group that focuses on smart economy industry and has business across the globe. The group include: Smart City, Smart manufacturing and equipment, Healthy Agriculture, Smart Logistics and new energy transport, Smart Tourism, as well as financial investment which are our 6 main and complete product platforms; 22 standalone brands and over 100 standalone companies. THROUGH STAKE HOLDINGS, it controls 5 listed company in China and overseas and participates (in stakeholding) in more than 10 listed companies. The group has more than 100 billion CNY (approx. 10 billion GBP), and our business covers 500 cities and over 1/3 population in China,

So, RECON indeed claimed that they have 5 listed companies. 

There seems to be incorrect information that Forbes has published a few days ago

I checked some information on Chinese Stock Market, I am convinced that at least two listed companies in China are controlled by Xia, which are 000662 (in Shenzhen Market) and 600186 (Lotus health, in Shanghai market). However Forbes claimed Xia is only in control of 1, which is 600186.

Something is wrong, but whom is wrong remains to be seen....

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 2

Can somebody just please confirm how much bloody money he has? :D

One page I read 10 billion.  The next I start to question if he even has as much as me. Which is the square root of **** all for anyone interested.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Can somebody just please confirm how much bloody money he has? :D

One page I read 10 billion.  The next I start to question if he even has as much as me. Which is the square root of **** all for anyone interested.

It seems to be closer to £10 billion if he sells off every asset and stake he has, so enough to comfortably run a football club. That said his "worth" will be a fluctuating thing and constantly changing as he is set to buy a US Logistics firm for $3.5 billion in the coming months, suffice to say the guy has cash in some form or another. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I like the way he's in large media outlets talking us up and talking about the deal. 

He's raising awareness from day one. I don't think it's any coincidence. 

I just hope he can get the decisions right to get us promoted and beyond. The proof will be in the pudding. 

I don't think CNN are concerned about the new owners of a Championship Club...he is sounding out the outlets himself/Recon to get his message across and give reassurance. 

Â