Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Good investigative work there Sam - another definite tick in the legit and loaded column.

Looking at it again , and seeing the things Recon are involved in, they have the potential to be mammoth! Villa the first club on the moon?

• Like 2

Another article in the Times apparently - our Tony has been busy today

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/i-wont-be-an-absentee-villa-owner-like-lerner-pledges-xia-6kpvstbvf

I won’t be an absentee Villa owner like Lerner, pledges Xia

The Chinese businessman proposing to buy Aston Villa will travel to England in the next fortnight to have his credentials examined by the Premier League and Football League. Tony Xia, 39, is confident his £75.4 million takeover of the relegated club will be approved when he meets league officials as part of the ‘owners and directors test’ despite questions about the extent of his business interests. Previously called the ‘fit and proper persons test’, questions will be asked jointly by the Premier League and Football League because Villa do not officially become a Championship club until the start of next

Can't get the rest - behind a paywall......

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dr-tony-xia-hands-owner-11386749

Dr Tony Xia: I will be a hands on owner of Aston Villa; I want to win their hearts back

New Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia has vowed be a hands owner and spend a lot of time in Birmingham. The Chinese billionaire is awaiting the green light from League officials before he can take full control of the club as a ‘fit and proper’ owner. Despte proclaiming himself to be a man looking to stay out of the limelight, Xia has been more media active in a week than Randy Lerner was in his entire time at Villa. Perhaps he has felt the need to defend his intentions after doubts were raised by some media outlets and supporters. Speaking again to the Times today , Xia was in an uncompromising mood. He stated: “I will work with the manager, I hope I can contribute something from my experience, it’s not just being a fan, but the way I think, how to manage the team, or whatever. “We have to figure out how to play in the Championship and win back [Premier League status] as soon as we can. “I will spend a lot of time there and I will show up, if it’s not for every game I will show up for a lot of games. “I want to communicate with fans as much as I can, to win their hearts back to this great club.”

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking at it again , and seeing the things Recon are involved in, they have the potential to be mammoth! Villa the first club on the moon?

I thought he was a big cheese.

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

In my view the significant thing is .......when asked questions about the future of Aston Villa, he is adamant that the target is promotion in the first season. He seems hell bent on that.

When asked about team building he seems confident that will be taken care of, he seems sure of the state of the club and the problems....never seems to baulk at money/cash

His personal wealth quite frankly is none of our business and probably the best we don't know.....We just need to praise or criticise his financial support of our new manager ,when he comes.

Don't sweat the small stuff our concern is Aston Villa and the new team building....let Tony worry about where he gets the money from.

You are right, he doesn't seem like he will be tolerating any idle passengers on the spaceship either!

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One giant on the moon for Gabby

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

racist and stupid. Yeungs from Hong Kong for example and xia is Chinese 

Same thing, man. It's like calling people from the Isle of Wight not English

8 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

it's all prawn sandwich brigade at the games though. None of the stadiums have any atmosphere 

It's not the most entertaining of leagues either - all the balls are just floated in the box.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That's because he never spoke to the media. The more you speak to them they more they will twist thing. 

That's my point there wasn't a need to talk as he wasn't looked into like this. 

Same thing, man. It's like calling people from the Isle of Wight not English

You may be sparking along and complex VT debate here. Are people from the Isle of Wight English? In a way, I suppose, but in a sort of way where they stopped progressing along with the rest of us some time back in the 1950s... [emoji57]

• Like 1

Good article from Channel news Asia - provides some insight about his logic and future plans I think.  The article is longer than this, but these are the most relevant passages.....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/international/can-asian-tycoons-score/2811560.html

SINGAPORE: Asian tycoons have been digging deep into their pockets for stakes in European football clubs, and the latest to join the ranks is Chinese businessman Tony Xia Jiantong who acquired one of England’s most historic clubs Aston Villa last week, subject to governing body approval. Despite being a Villa supporter, Mr Xia, who will be the first mainland Chinese to fully own an English football team, has emphasized that the deal was done primarily for business reasons. “We intend to make more moves in investing in the soccer industry in China and I believe this purchase can give me the best learning opportunity in how to run the business,” he said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal on May 19. Experts told Channel NewsAsia that the tidal wave of Asian money that has flooded the world’s most popular game in recent years underscores how Asian businessmen see football clubs as a viable business proposition and an opportunity to bolster their personal reputations internationally. And in the case of Aston Villa, the deal made business sense, despite the 142-year-old club being relegated to the second-tier League Championship, after finishing rock-bottom in the English Premier League (Premier League) this season. “It has been a bad year for Aston Villa but it is a good time to buy,” said Thibaud Andre, senior consultant at Daxue Consulting, who described Mr Xia’s buyout of the Midlands club “a strategic long-term business move”. “With Aston Villa going to the second division, Xia’s objective is to get back into the Premier League and if he succeeds, it means a chance for greater exposure. Between now and then, they also have the time to develop a stronger identity and following for the club in China,” Mr Andre said. Recon Group, the Chinese magnate’s privately-owned holding company, will likely benefit, according to Beijing-based sports marketing firm Yutang Sports.“The acquisition of Aston Villa will act as a crucial link between Recon Group’s business segments of smart travel and the cultural industry,” said project director Lv Lei, referring to the businessman’s plans to develop an integrated business district around the Villa Park in Birmingham. In addition, the company could receive a boost in the capital markets amid growing investor optimism about China’s sports industry. That has already been seen, with shares of Shanghai-listed Lotus Health Group, in which Recon controls 75 per cent of, jumping 5.1 per cent following news of the Aston Villa deal last week.

The Aston Villa deal marks the latest in a string of hefty football investments from the world’s second-biggest economy as President Xi Jinping, an avid soccer fan, looks to make the country a global powerhouse in the sport......

In the case of relegated Aston Villa and its new owner, a steep uphill climb lies ahead. “To turn Aston Villa into another Leicester City is not an easy task. It needs a professional management team, talents and lots of capital. For a club that remains a familiar yet strange name in China, attracting more Chinese fans will also need time and effort. Besides, given the constant shifts in the capital market, capital will leave quickly without the presence of a healthy and sustainable revenue model,” Yutang Sports’ Mr Lv said.

Edited by Gary Thomas

With all these other external business that Tony is involved in, a small question from me;

How much time will he be able to give us? 

The reason I ask, is because obviously with all of these other things on his plate (orbital flights, city design/construction etc etc) - why would he spend most of his time on what appears to be such a small part of his business?

He's already said his plans to move to Bham - but why would he do that?

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

With all these other external business that Tony is involved in, a small question from me;

How much time will he be able to give us? 

The reason I ask, is because obviously with all of these other things on his plate (orbital flights, city design/construction etc etc) - why would he spend most of his time on what appears to be such a small part of his business?

He's already said his plans to move to Bham - but why would he do that?

I think he thinks if he can make a success of Villa then not only could he make billions in return if Aston Villa were to become the biggest English or European team in China, but it could as seen already, bump up the share prices in his other business's, thus making Recon an absolute fortune, all within his ten year plan.

• Like 1

Â