Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

14 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

The 'football people' always get it. Yet lets look at the people you're labelling shambolic idiots. Advisors to big Tone.

As far as im aware our football people are....

Steve Round

Ian taylor

Sir Brian 

Mr Wyness

3 of those have played more football than you've had hot dinners. The other has worked pretty much exclusively in football.

2 of them are our own.

Just to clarify. Its these people you're pointing your pitch fork at??

Do people with experience in football always make the right decisions?

It doesn't matter how experienced they are, we are sitting bottom in our second year of championship football. People are clearly making terrible decisions. 

I don't think they are shambolic idiots, but then again he didn't call them that. 

This club is a shambolic embarrassment on so many levels. I'm not sure what evidence you'd use to disagree. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Do people with experience in football always make the right decisions?

It doesn't matter how experienced they are, we are sitting bottom in our second year of championship football. People are clearly making terrible decisions. 

I don't think they are shambolic idiots, but then again he didn't call them that. 

This club is a shambolic embarrassment on so many levels. I'm not sure what evidence you'd use to disagree. 

I wasn't disagreeing with him. I was more asking about the 'football people' tag. Which are now being targeted. Is the list i provided our football people? Is there anyone else?

On paper you'd say its a decent selection. Especially tayls and little when it comes to villa decisions.

Are they being listened to? Is one of them having a final say.

If we're pointing the finger as some are, do they have reason for it. Or as it looks people just getting angry and blaming everyone 

I've no idea about the level of competence of those people.

They could be the best there is, they could be the worst.

But 2 of them being ex- Villa players is irrelevant to their competence.

The others having worked in football is also - largely - irrelevant as to their competence. Somebody can have a career in something and still not be very good - I've known plenty ! Additionally having been ' in football' doesn't mean they've done the same Job Description as they do now.

We have no idea how well or how poorly the Club is actually being run.

What we can do is infer how we think it's being run from those things we CAN observe.

And it's not entirely unreasonable to suggest that various issues including but not exclusively  STs, transfers, and League position - especially when viewed in the context of the whole of games in 2017, or indeed the whole since the start of last season - might be cause for concern.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

On 18/08/2017 at 00:35, Jareth said:

Good night to you sir, and your dreams of a world where Chinese business-men are some distant alien threat, sleep well, in the 1970s, and when you awake, just remember that when you see someone who doesn't look like you, or is as narrow mined as you, just remember they might support the villa and not be full of prejudice.  

On 18/08/2017 at 01:04, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes. This I agree.

I doubt that and don't agree.

The Dr. has already stated his commitment to make us a force.

I still believe this and cannot see him just giving up.

Just look at how transfer prices have spiralled in the last 6 months.........

A 4-0 win would have gain Bruce a bit of support from Xia, but those 2 goals we conceded will be a concern. Yes both were because Murphy was unplayable for parts of the game, but still we have to work on that as defence was meant to be our strong point this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

A 4-0 win would have gain Bruce a bit of support from Xia, but those 2 goals we conceded will be a concern. Yes both were because Murphy was unplayable for parts of the game, but still we have to work on that as defence was meant to be our strong point this season.

The ball he played for the second goal was amazing but we left him to run across our box from one side to another unchallenged and then put no pressure on him so he had ages to think about where to put it. Murphy was class but we were terrible at the back at times yesterday.

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I am a little concerned by this. Everyone knows that the DEVIL is in the details. Is the Devil Tony's god?????

Oh my word, he is a devil worshiper, that is how we scored 4 goals yesterday. Gabby's soul has been sold. 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I am a little concerned by this. Everyone knows that the DEVIL is in the details. Is the Devil Tony's god?????

Oh my word, he is a devil worshiper, that is how we scored 4 goals yesterday. Gabby's soul has been sold

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

In before the "You wouldn't get anything" etc posts :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Oh my word, he is a devil worshiper, that is how we scored 4 goals yesterday. Gabby's soul has been sold. 

Beats shumanites. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tony owns majority stake in big Hollywood producer? 

Millenium Films. Yes

Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia has added to his portfolio of businesses with the acquisition of Millennium Films.

The Recon Group frontman has been looking to break into Hollywood for a while and plans to gain a foothold in the film business were revealed last October.

Reuters reported last week that the deal to secure a 51 per cent majority stake would cost Recon up to $100million.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-tony-completes-12647876

Very old news.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I sort of knew but didn't realise how successful they were. Maybe some A list Hollywood stars can support us if we ever get promoted. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I sort of knew but didn't realise how successful they were. Maybe some A list Hollywood stars can support us if we ever get promoted. 

Like Forrest Gump?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

plastic fans pile on when only when you're a big success.  If Johnny Depp doesn't support us now F___ him !

Â