Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

We're probably all reading too much into it and it means **** all :) 

A bit of something that says nothing but keeps the plebeians busy speculation while yet another day is wasted.

I think you are right.

I read it as a load of psycho babble, management speak bullshit from a man who has no conviction or clue as to what the next step should be.

He's a man lost at sea; totally out of his depth with being the owner of a huge football club. If he doesn't back Bruce then the trigger should have been pulled today, but instead Bruce will probably still be here on the weekend to cause further damage to this football club.

Pathetic.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're right, up to the point where it says "until it hampers the full deployment of the available strength".

If it's about Bruce, I don't see how that can be a message of support, because his weaknesses are clearly hampering his strengths right now.

I re-read your edited post and yeah you make a fair point there. 

I suppose the ambiguity lies in whether you think he's tweeting that because he hasn't yet reached that final point, or because he has? 

If it's the latter, I'd be a bit dissapointed tbh. He (Xia) comes across as quite an honourable man and it would be a bit disrespectful to Bruce. 

Even if it's the former, it still serves as warning, wrapped up in support. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

It's a bit shit to tweet a cryptic clue that you are thinking of sacking the manager , so it can only be a message of support  .... unless he's already been sacked but the final terms are being drawn up before any announcement ? 

Yeah... it's the first bit surely.  Sadly.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think it would have been more amateurish to straight up come out and Back, OR sack the manager on social media so quickly.

He is purposely being vague and allowing the fans to think what they will of it. (At least giving something as a pose to nothing)

Just because it is not the tweet WE want to see doesn't mean it's pathetic.

Would you prefered if he came out straight after the game and said "F*ck this, F*ck everyone, tired of spunking money on shite, Bruce Out" or "Bruce is an outstanding man and the best person to guide Aston Villa back to the top".

Nothing would have made most people happy, so I don't get some of these responses.

He actually probably hasn't tweeted because he knows he would be met with wrath no matter what he says.

We have no idea what is, or isn't going on behind the scenes, so I suggest we wait a little.

I totally disagree. Serious & professional business owners do not send cryptic tweets. Imho Xia is an amateur and I  have never believed the hype that he is the super-smart billionaire businessman that he claims to be. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think it would have been more amateurish to straight up come out and Back, OR sack the manager on social media so quickly.

He is purposely being vague and allowing the fans to think what they will of it. (At least giving something as a pose to nothing)

Just because it is not the tweet WE want to see doesn't mean it's pathetic.

Would you prefered if he came out straight after the game and said "F*ck this, F*ck everyone, tired of spunking money on shite, Bruce Out" or "Bruce is an outstanding man and the best person to guide Aston Villa back to the top".

Nothing would have made most people happy, so I don't get some of these responses.

He actually probably hasn't tweeted because he knows he would be met with wrath no matter what he says.

We have no idea what is, or isn't going on behind the scenes, so I suggest we wait a little.

Exactly. I think some are really jumping the gun here.

Didn't Tony once tweet a Chairman Mao quote along with a picture in answer to something? He's got form for the opaque tweet to try and get his point across. 

Tony knows that the supporters are restless and want to know what's going on, but there's a reluctance to give a clear, definitive response. Why that may be is up for debate. Maybe it's because he doesn't want to sack Bruce, maybe it's because he's biding his time for one more game. Maybe he's working on a replacement and is stalling for time.

I'm not going to pretend that is the response that I wanted to see. But then I don't know what I wanted to see from his latest tweet. He was hardly gonna sack Bruce via twitter.  

My money is he's stalling for a bit more time and trying to placate the fans in his own way. If he was backing Bruce completely I think he would just say something along the lines of "we have the right man, just need patience and determination" etc etc, rather than getting followers to look up some executive how to guide.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I totally disagree. Serious & professional business owners do not send cryptic tweets. Imho Xia is an amateur and I  have never believed the hype that he is the super-smart billionaire businessman that he claims to be. 

Is he any more amateurish than Donald Trump who also uses Twitter a lot to talk to his people? That hasn't stopped him from becoming a billionaire and leader of arguably the biggest country in the world.

Xia's methods of communication may not be traditional but this is an ever-changing world and he is probably communicating in the easiest way for him to stay in touch with the fan base without having to conduct interviews with the media, which would probably take up valuable time he needs for his other business ventures. If only our previous owner gave us fans as much consideration!

I'm not sure comparing the good doctor to Donald Trump in favour of your argument is necessarily the best route to take.

The way I see it is this:

He's not going to come out and talk openly and frankly about the club's business, and I think most of us realise that is sensible and the professional way to go about things.

But he realises that it's important to have a dialogue with the fans, especially after our complaints about how Lerner kept everything to himself and we all got very frustrated because of it. So whereas his tweets are cryptic and get a bit tiresome when we're all upset about something and may seem a bit unprofessional at times, it's better than not hearing anything at all.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Â