Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

'Hopefully it'll be right decision' - Possibly reading too much into it, but hardly seems like a ringing endorsement.  Usually Dr X is much more positive.  Seems, like me, to be a bit meh about Snodgrass (if it's him).

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

maybe Snodgrass has a choice to stay or to go?

the right decision maybe "go-ing to us" ??????

Ah yeah.  That could well be it.  

Still don't think we need another RW as our final addition so it's a meh from me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

maybe Snodgrass has a choice to stay or to go?

the right decision maybe "go-ing to us" ??????

he should mean 'hopefully getting this player into Villa is a good decision for us'. this kinda shows his lack of confidence, not on the player, but rather due to recent pressure and criticism. 

never watch Snodgrass play but I hope he is good too.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 1

In one sense it's quite nice to see the Doctor being so open and honest with the fans - and I know they debate regarding the extent to which he should be is one that's already been had - but that does seem to be the clearest indication yet that he's not happy with Bruce.

It appears Wyness/Round agree with Bruce that someone with experience, such as Snodgrass or whoever this signing might be, is the best way to get promoted quickly. In terms of doing it soon, they're probably right - unless you have a great coach, which Bruce isn't. Tony would rather build up young players but knows Bruce isn't necessarily the right man to do so, but is going with the 'football men' he's put in place. It's good that he's doing that, too, because even when he might have been better trusting his own instincts, I'd rather he took advice than went down the Randy route. Over time, though, he'll gain experience of his own and be more willing to call the shots, which hopefully will be a good thing. 

The issue now is that he's publicly undermined the people he's put in place to make decisions at Villa. At least I know now that signing people like Snodgrass  (or whoever) rather than giving our kids more of a chance isn't his decision, but at the same time it probably doesn't help the club for the fans to be aware of that. Also, Bruce is probably making such decisions anyway because Tony wants us up asap.

• Like 4

If Xia thinks this then why doesn't he sack these lot off and get people in who share his philosophy? Its his club, get everyone singing off the same hymn sheet so his vision for the club can be reached.

Trusting in others because they are 'football' men hasn't exactly been working like a dream so far. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

In one sense it's quite nice to see the Doctor being so open and honest with the fans - and I know they debate regarding the extent to which he should be is one that's already been had - but that does seem to be the clearest indication yet that he's not happy with Bruce.

It appears Wyness/Round agree with Bruce that someone with experience, such as Snodgrass or whoever this signing might be, is the best way to get promoted quickly. In terms of doing it soon, they're probably right - unless you have a great coach, which Bruce isn't. Tony would rather build up young players but knows Bruce isn't necessarily the right man to do so, but is going with the 'football men' he's put in place. It's good that he's doing that, too, because even when he might have been better trusting his own instincts, I'd rather he took advice than went down the Randy route. Over time, though, he'll gain experience of his own and be more willing to call the shots, which hopefully will be a good thing. 

The issue now is that he's publicly undermined the people he's put in place to make decisions at Villa. At least I know now that signing people like Snodgrass  (or whoever) rather than giving our kids more of a chance isn't his decision, but at the same time it probably doesn't help the club for the fans to be aware of that. Also, Bruce is probably making such decisions anyway because Tony wants us up asap.

It is enlightening and I'm all for it.

The Dr has his way and its pretty clear that he's not happy with things so far. I think Wyness/Round have given him a big dose of "Trust us - we know what we're doing".

That leaves them wide open when Bruce fails - I think he will - but for now he may feel like "I got the RDM appointment wrong so I listened to them and they wanted Bruce".

I can see it playing out like this.

As soon as Bruce gets lower than say 5pts off 2nd (on the provision he gets us to 2nd sometime soon) he's sacked. He'll do the interviews himself and pay more heed to Little & Taylor's opinions.

I can see DrT then disposing of Wyness & Round at the end of this season.

This could all work out in DrT's favour IF (and an enormous IF) Bruce gets us up just as Wyness & Round said all along.

Then he could feel confident in trusting their judgement.

Forget that IF part

I was citing pure Bollox

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Hopefully our last 2 performances will encourage him that we can play attacking football and he'll have a blast.

It's encouraging, but it's all home form we haven't had an issue with home form for a while. If we play like this on Friday then we might be onto something, but the Villa that turn up away tend to play like they're in League Two.

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Form counts for a lot. Going into an away game with 8 goals for and 3 against in our last 2 games is a fantastic block to build on. Hopefully Bruce will see there is nothing to change and we can play the same way when away from home.

I hope so as like you said form does count for a lot. It's just hard to believe that despite this we'll go into the game looking like future Champions. I hope Bruce changes nothing and we play good winning football away from home for once. 

• Like 1

Â