Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

He's got form for the opaque tweet to try and get his point across

If someone is trying to get a point across, an opaque tweet would be one of the worst ways of doing so.

If you don't have something to say but wish to be thought to be communicating, then opaque tweets may be more suited to the purpose.

He either says nothing and sacks Bruce

Or he says something to keep him in place a while a longer. - I don't think he would hint at sacking Bruce before he does it.

I agree with the common held view that Bruce has 3 more games - at least. 

4 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Does he deserve criticism for sending out tweets and communicating with the fans?

Communication (from Latin commūnicāre, meaning "to share"[1]) is the act of conveying intended meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of mutually understood signs and semiotic rules.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication

Conveying intended meanings...through the use of mutually understood signs.

Daft tweets about a page from a management textbook fail that rather simple test, for me.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, peterms said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication

Conveying intended meanings...through the use of mutually understood signs.

Daft tweets about a page from a management textbook fail that rather simple test, for me.

I guess it depends which definition you wish to use.

communication
kəmjuːnɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    the imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.
    "television is an effective means of communication"
    synonyms:

transmission, imparting, conveying, reporting, presenting, passing on, handing on, relay, conveyance, divulgence, divulgation, disclosure; More

I think Bruce will be gone for certain if we don't beat Norwich on Saturday. We need to average 2 points per game to have a go at automatic promotion and avoid the lottery of the play-offs. To have only have 1 or 2 points from our first 12 will not be good enough and I would be amazed if Tony Xia would let him off the hook with that points return. If we drew, we would basically be two wins off where we really need to be in order to maintain a 2 points per game return. We can't keep that run going and expect to get promoted, we would need change and quick. I don't think the Wigan game will put him off giving Bruce the chop. I would hope he would sack him after the game and then work on getting someone in before the Bristol City game.

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What hype? He is a billionaire businessman who owns Recon group which owns a shed load of companies. How can that accomplishment fall outside of the definition of 'super-smart'?  The guy has literally just turned 40 as well, who on this planet has currently achieved as much as him? This all just smacks of a plain old unfounded grudge.

Does he own recon though ? - isn't he just CEO ? 

53 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I think Bruce will be gone for certain if we don't beat Norwich on Saturday. We need to average 2 points per game to have a go at automatic promotion and avoid the lottery of the play-offs. To have only have 1 or 2 points from our first 12 will not be good enough and I would be amazed if Tony Xia would let him off the hook with that points return. If we drew, we would basically be two wins off where we really need to be in order to maintain a 2 points per game return. We can't keep that run going and expect to get promoted, we would need change and quick. I don't think the Wigan game will put him off giving Bruce the chop. I would hope he would sack him after the game and then work on getting someone in before the Bristol City game.

I get the feeling there are people high up in the club who are continuing in the blind hope we somehow turn it round rather than accept the blame for their recommendation failing .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not this again... Anyone unconvinced by Xia, I suspect will never be. Why? God knows.

Unconvinced in what way ? - Lerner undoubtedly had cash, but just couldn't run a club.  We don't know if XIA has money , is willing to spend, to any great extent - we also don't know how good he is at running a club - the RDM appointment was stupidity - Bruce looked a better appointment, but hasn't gone to plan.

Its a pretty big leap of faith to be totally convinced XIA imo. 

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I get the feeling there are people high up in the club who are continuing in the blind hope we somehow turn it round rather than accept the blame for their recommendation failing .

Bruce coming good - or a new guy from an uninspiring list of candidates hitting the ground running and securing promotion with a bunch of players he didn't sign - Neither looks likely IMO. 

• Like 1

He has money, of that there is no doubt, but the source of this money, how it's being filtered into the club, what the funding structure is and whatnot is totally opaque. He's not skint, but I also doubt he's the ludicrously rich owner some are expecting/hoping him to be. His total net spend is being eroded, and that doesn't really matter too much, but it doesn't need a man of that much wealth (relative to other football owners these days) to have put circa £30M into a club that he's just purchased for transfers. 

My concern is that funding was based on a gamble on year one promotion and that gamble has been lost. 

I can't remember the exact details because it was well over a year ago now, but I'm sure Tony showed a photo of a bank transfer/cheque for £500m which he said he was going to use to run the club. This was the period just before the takeover when there were doubts over the funding. 

I'm certain he has the funds to do whatever he wants to with Villa, it's FFP which is holding up further investment in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I can't remember the exact details because it was well over a year ago now, but I'm sure Tony showed a photo of a bank transfer/cheque for £500m which he said he was going to use to run the club. This was the period just before the takeover when there were doubts over the funding. 

I'm certain he has the funds to do whatever he wants to with Villa, it's FFP which is holding up further investment in my opinion.

No I think that was a cheque he received for selling just 1 of his companies, and he said he had several more like it. In and around the same value.

Either way, he is no skint fool.

Edit: He also deposited 100 million to show the League he could fund the club for a year or 2.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure that rich business men dont stay rich business men by pouring money into a football club in the hope that at some point in the future the brand is valuable enough to be of enough worth to either keep as some kind of status symbol or sell and hope to recoup the investment with a return.

I am hoping the lack of investment is because they realised that Bruce wasnt going to cut it and so reduced funds but do wonder if this is all about self-sufficiency and the Dr hoping we can gain promotion in the next couple of years and then he will offload us.

• Like 1

Â