Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

We seem to have become his day job...

im not trying to be a Keith, actually the opposite, his other businesses taken a back seat, working 20 hours a day, not actually that involved with those businesses in the first place...maybe he is a figurehead for something very big, he's certainly a brilliant personality 

29 minutes ago, Skills said:

one of the more better football decisions that caught my eye that tells me this guy means business is stepping in on the Bennett move to Wednesday...   let him rot rather than go to a promotion rival!! 

why let him rot? he is hardly an unprofessional prick compared to some of others in squad

Whatever his background good or bad, no one really knows. We can only surmise from the tit bits people dig up and listen to their opinions and make our own decisions based on this information, no matter how substantiated it is.

I knew nothing about him when he took over and am learning all the time but I've got to say he is a breathe of fresh air. Just for his enthusiasm and engagement with the fans I think he is exactly what we need at this point in time. What happens in the future, who knows, but for the moment enjoy the ride, the ups and downs and know that it won't be from a lack of trying on Tony's part that it will fail.

I think he's just the man for us #UTV

• Like 1

He seems like a class act to me, he replies to fans on twitter - offers pregnant ladies entry to his box, instills confidence in the team with his attitude and isn't allusive like our past bosses. Keep it up Dr!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

He seems like a class act to me, he replies to fans on twitter - offers pregnant ladies entry to his box, instills confidence in the team with his attitude and isn't allusive like our past bosses. Keep it up Dr!

I haven't seen many negatives at all from his Twitter activity. And any that exist are well out weighed by the positives. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Fair play to him but Lerner and Krulak did nice things for various individual fans, for different reasons, at the start.

It's a nice touch, and fair play, but it's nothing new.

Right, but we also heard more from Tony Xia in one week than we did from Lerner in a decade. There is a difference.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Right, but we also heard more from Tony Xia in one week than we did from Lerner in a decade. There is a difference.

Couldn't agree more. Lerner probably had two seasons where his heart was in it and then he realised that it was expensive to try and compete. This guy at least admits when players are too expensive, but keeps talking about Champions League as his goal. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

If that Keith is right and Xia is a fraud and Samuelson owns the club :lol: Then he is going to extraordinary lengths to hide it all.

That Keith is about as right as Mystic Meg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Think his Twitter interactions are class and very good for keeping people informed with transfers, addressing people's problems with stadium access and the website. Suppose the only annoying thing is you have guys asking him literally every 5 mins " where's the new midfielder" "you said we were getting a new midfielder by Saturday, what's happened " etc, ive seen them. Embarrassing. No other club gets a chairman that's so accessible so we need to settle down a bit and appreciate the man doing what he is so far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

What was your point? We're comparing Xia and Lerner in their early days of owning the club no?

I was comparing along the lines of doing nice things for individual fans.

The direct communication is an entirely different matter and is clearly something Xia is doing more of. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Fair play to him but Lerner and Krulak did nice things for various individual fans, for different reasons, at the start.

It's a nice touch, and fair play, but it's nothing new.

Yes but Lerner was just a rich spoilt brat who realised he was frittering away the money his father had earned and handed to him with his incompetent in not knowing how to use his toy properly so he threw his toy aside before finally putting it on eBay to at least regain some of daddy's money. 

Xia is a self made man and made of sterner stuff.  He is building a brand and an empire here and he clearly understands the role of social media in the modern world and is using it to reinforce that brand. Methinks if something starts to go wrong he will change and work at it instead of shutting bis eyes and ears and shouting wah wah wah 

• Like 1

Does anyone else think that apart from being seen upon as just being open and honest on twitter, it could also be quite well thought out tactic  l which keeps the players on there toes knowing there's nowhere to hide.

2 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

If that Keith is right and Xia is a fraud and Samuelson owns the club :lol: Then he is going to extraordinary lengths to hide it all.

Good to see Jack Grealish front and centre. Last year he would have been down the back smoking a fag.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

why let him rot? he is hardly an unprofessional prick compared to some of others in squad

figure of speech, if hes good enough, he'll play which is RDM decision... point being, Dr X rather not cash in on someone to a promotion rival despite being third choice

Â